Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Prison Talk Does your issue not fit into another forum? Post it here. Find support, answers and assistance.

Old 01-30-2019, 07:57 PM

Default Not Fair: Put in dry cell for 2 days & made fun of.

I need some info..My LO is getting out on Feb.7th 2019 after 13 yrs. Over the weekend he was walking out of the shower and was putting in his partial(he had a tooth knocked out a few years back). The CO saw him coming out of the shower and saw him put it in his mouth and handcuffed him and told him he caught him swallowing something. They ended up putting him in a dry cell for 2 days without any clothes on and made fun of him the whole time, writing smartass remarks on the log book. The cell was in the upper 40's the whole time so it was cold. No one knew he was back there, according to his housing he was in a cell in seg. It wasnt till medical came and saw what was going on and read the log book and she was shocked at what she saw so she called the Warden and told him what they wrote in the log book and what my LO told her what happened so when she was talking to the Warden she told him that my LO could sue over this inhumane treatment so when she hung up the phone the Warden called and told them to take him out ASAP. Can anything be done so this doesnt happen again to someone else? My LO thinks it was retaliation because he wrote up a CO because the CO wouldnt let the guys go on he phone or do anything till they paid him off with snacks from commissary. I cant believe people can be so mean towards others. That same CO told my LO he is and never will be anything but an inmate in life and also called him a tattooed freak. Wheres the rehabilitation like they call it? Right?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AngelMindi For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (01-31-2019), KiwiPP (01-31-2019), patchouli (01-30-2019)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2019, 08:15 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 34,198 Times in 15,736 Posts

Even if he sued them and won a gazillion dollars, even if new laws and policies were implemented, it wouldn't keep things like this from happening, or keep (some) CO's from extorting inmates for snacks, or keep (some) CO's from bringing in contraband....there's always going to be at least that 1 that will inflict some sort of harm

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (01-31-2019), KiwiPP (01-31-2019)
Old 01-30-2019, 08:21 PM

True..It just hurts to see how mean and cruel some people are in this world, esp. when they are taking care of our loved ones..
Old 01-30-2019, 08:25 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 34,198 Times in 15,736 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelMindi View Post
True..It just hurts to see how mean and cruel some people are in this world, esp. when they are taking care of our loved ones..

I know. Sometimes I'm flabbergasted at the cruelty that happens all around us

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 01-31-2019, 12:55 AM

They are still human, these people should have to treat them properly before creating a movement and hurting them.
Old 01-31-2019, 05:24 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 21,321 Times in 12,336 Posts

I'm sorry for what happened, but I bet it was in retaliation for turning in the corrupt CO. That is the way some COs reduce the number of inmate complaints. Hopefully the warden will discipline/fire them.