Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NORTH CAROLINA > North Carolina Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

North Carolina Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the North Carolina Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 11-24-2016, 03:30 PM

Default Mail While in Seg in North Carolina prison

Hey, everybody!! Hope everyone is having a good Thanksgiving today. Mine has been a little rough considering it is a holiday without my other half and he has got put in Rest. House Administrive as of last night or today. He has not got in trouble at all the past 2 years until now and I am trying to figure out if he will still be able to get mail while he is in this segregation time. I have called Avery-Mitchell Correctional and asked what he has done or what is going on and they will not tell me anything other than he will contact me within 72 hours to 15 days from now. Can someone help me with this situation? I am a nervous wreck and don't know if I can do this without hearing his voice.

Thanks
Crystal
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2016, 12:10 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,043 Times in 1,718 Posts

That's too bad!! Damn...
When mine was in seg last year for 45 days (Harnett) he was able to receive anything I've sent him (even books through Amazon). I hope yours will, too. Stay strong!
Sarianna (11-25-2016)
Old 11-25-2016, 06:31 AM

Yes this is so sad, and they are not going to tell you anything. But my husband was able to get mail that was it. He also told me that when he returned all his personal item had been stolen like his deodorant, his t-shirts, soap, tooth paste and he was moved into another cell. He told me that was common that when they go to seg they never return to the same cell. He's on Coffield Unit in Texas. But I'm talking with him right now he said he can definitely get mail and non-contact visit he says he might be ankle shattered. So prepared for that mentally if you make a visit. I know my husband is in jail but when I go visit and see other inmate coming down in chains it always effect me in the worst.
Old 11-27-2016, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSBLACKMON View Post
Yes this is so sad, and they are not going to tell you anything. But my husband was able to get mail that was it. He also told me that when he returned all his personal item had been stolen like his deodorant, his t-shirts, soap, tooth paste and he was moved into another cell. He told me that was common that when they go to seg they never return to the same cell. He's on Coffield Unit in Texas. But I'm talking with him right now he said he can definitely get mail and non-contact visit he says he might be ankle shattered. So prepared for that mentally if you make a visit. I know my husband is in jail but when I go visit and see other inmate coming down in chains it always effect me in the worst.
Thank for your insight on this matter and they held him for almost 72 hours and he got out yesterday and it was over some crazy b/s and them guards think they can do just anything to the inmates and get away with it. They put him back in the same block and everything and when he got back in there they has picked his lock on his locker and went through everything but nothing was missing thank goodness. I don't like seeing him in chains and all handcuffed up it tears my nerves up every time. He is at Avery-Mitchell Correctional Institute in the NC Mountains.

Old 11-27-2016, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzyMuffling View Post
That's too bad!! Damn...
When mine was in seg last year for 45 days (Harnett) he was able to receive anything I've sent him (even books through Amazon). I hope yours will, too. Stay strong!

Thank you for your help. They let him out yesterday at lunch time and they locked him up over some stupid bull shit. They gave him his mail yesterday afternoon but while he was in there the other inmates picked the lock on his locker and went through everything he had. I am so ready for him to be home and away from all of that. He wants to go to Harnett but they say the back log is so long. Does yours like it there?