Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > VIRGINIA > Virginia Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Info
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Virginia Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Info This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Virginia.

Old 03-07-2017, 08:14 AM

Default Sussex 1 - Travelling from UK, how do I get on an inmates visiting list.

Hi I was wondering if anybody could answer some questions regarding Sussex 1 in Virginia. Firstly how do you get on an inmates visiting list. Do the send you the form or are you able to do it online? I am from the UK so do they do special visits? As much as I would love to see him, traveling all that way and the expenses just for an hour and a half seems crazy! Has anyone from the UK visited here before?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2017, 12:35 PM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 6,537 Times in 2,973 Posts

Hi there for Virginia you make an application to visit on line. Here is the link to the website and details.
https://vadoc.virginia.gov/offenders/visitation/

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
Old 03-07-2017, 01:08 PM
Donation Award 

I live a few states away from my incarcerated loved one and because of the distance they allowed me a lot more visitation time. Best to call or email the prison ahead of time.
Old 03-07-2017, 05:21 PM

Each institution varies. My experience: Both institutions are in VA, but is as different as chalk and cheese!

I am from the UK - just returned. The institution where my inmate is at present, Staff is not very cooperative! On my first visit, I asked if I could have an additional visit or extra time, I was told by the guard, "It isn't going to happen''. I asked to speak to the person in charge, and he informed me, he was in charge! On my second visit, three months later, other members of my family came from overseas and only two of was allowed to visit. When I am visiting, I ensure I book my flight a day prior to his visiting day to avoid wasting time. I spent 10 days in the US and visited 3 times in that ten days.

The previous institution made allowances as we are from abroad. Regarding the visiting list, check to see if the inmate cannot place your name on the visiting list. In both institutions, my name was placed on the visiting list by the inmate.

He has just been sentenced and will be moved, I pray that the other institution will be an improvement.
The Following User Says Thank You to Esther112014 For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (03-08-2017)