Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > VIRGINIA > Virginia Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Info
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Virginia Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Info This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Virginia.

Old 02-09-2017, 06:23 PM

Default Visitation at St. Brides rotates odd/ even schedule, how does that work?

Okay, so I have another question... Visitation at St. Brides rotates on an odd/ even schedule, so does that mean if my son in an "odd" his visitation day is whatever is an odd day on that particular weekend? So he's odd , so that means since Saturday is the 11th and that's an odd number, that will be his visitation day? I know about the P1 getting visits on both days 1st & 3rd weekend.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2017, 07:19 PM

Yes, if he is odd his visit will be Saturday. They just started this ....Up until a few weeks ago you could visit both days of the weekend regardless.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lion For This Useful Post:
fryefrye (02-09-2017)
Old 02-09-2017, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion View Post
Yes, if he is odd his visit will be Saturday. They just started this ....Up until a few weeks ago you could visit both days of the weekend regardless.
Thanks! I feel so out of the know right now! He spent 2 years at NOTTOWAY and I knew the rules and regs like the back of my hand and I was the one giving out information. I guess it's just gonna take some time to get used to the changes. I really appreciate the information you've shared!!

Old 02-10-2017, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion View Post
So, I just called St. Brides and they couldn't confirm or deny if visitation would be granted this weekend AND... I asked about the even/odd visitation and I was told that this weekend was an even weekend so only visits for numbers ending in an even number on both days. My son is odd, so I was told he couldn't get a visit this weekend. UGH!!!!

Old 02-10-2017, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryefrye View Post
Okay, so I have another question... Visitation at St. Brides rotates on an odd/ even schedule, so does that mean if my son in an "odd" his visitation day is whatever is an odd day on that particular weekend? So he's odd , so that means since Saturday is the 11th and that's an odd number, that will be his visitation day? I know about the P1 getting visits on both days 1st & 3rd weekend.
Okay, i'm very confused and when I call St. Brides, I get a different answer and explanation of the odd/even rotation each time. Today I was told her couldnt get a visit because this weekend is even only and he is odd.

PLEASE, Could someone with experience with their visitation policy please inform??

Old 02-10-2017, 10:28 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 29,500 Times in 13,744 Posts

All it says on Virginia DOC is the following:

All institutions allow visiting on Saturdays, Sundays, and state holidays, but visitors should verify with the institution to find out which day(s) the offender can have visitors. To reduce crowding in the visiting room, many institutions alternate days that offenders can be visited based on the alphabet or offender ID number. Offenders are allowed a minimum of one hour per visiting day with visitors. It is possible that the length of a visit may be determined by activity in the visiting area, the number of visitors on a given day, available space, or institutional staff resources. Visitation procedures at individual institutions may vary and can be changed at any time without prior notice. Please contact the facility before planning a visit to obtain further information on their visiting program.

https://vadoc.virginia.gov/offenders...n/default.shtm

I couldn't find a "calendar" type schedule. I don't know why they make it so difficult. If you speak to your son, ask him.....he'll know which weekend is his for visits

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
fryefrye (02-10-2017)
Old 02-10-2017, 10:32 AM

[quote=patchouli;7601244]All it says on Virginia DOC is the following:

All institutions allow visiting on Saturdays, Sundays, and state holidays, but visitors should verify with the institution to find out which day(s) the offender can have visitors. To reduce crowding in the visiting room, many institutions alternate days that offenders can be visited based on the alphabet or offender ID number. Offenders are allowed a minimum of one hour per visiting day with visitors. It is possible that the length of a visit may be determined by activity in the visiting area, the number of visitors on a given day, available space, or institutional staff resources. Visitation procedures at individual institutions may vary and can be changed at any time without prior notice. Please contact the facility before planning a visit to obtain further information on their visiting program.

https://vadoc.virginia.gov/offenders...n/default.shtm

I couldn't find a "calendar" type schedule. I don't know why they make it so difficult. If you speak to your son, ask him.....he'll know which weekend is his for visits [/QUOTE

Thanks, St. Brides has been on lock down all week, so there has not been any communication from my son. He just transferred there and I can't get a straight answer as to what day he can get visits.

The Following User Says Thank You to fryefrye For This Useful Post:
patchouli (02-10-2017)