Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > VIRGINIA > Virginia Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Info
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Virginia Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Info This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Virginia.

Old 02-07-2017, 08:39 AM

Default Is St Brides on lockdown?

Anyone know if St. Brides is currently on a lock down? Recently transferred from a higher level, so not sure how locks work in dorm settings? unusual not to hear from LO in 2 days. Since there are no cells, do they just keep them in their pods and turn phones and kiosks off? Higher level facility had no issue advising when I called if they were on a lock down, but St. Brides says they can't give out that information. Anyone??

Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2017, 10:27 AM
quatena1

My husband is at Saint Bride currently. I believe they are on lockdown because he calls me at least 3 times a day and I have not spoken to him since Sunday 2/5/17 at 11:00 p.m. Hope this helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to quatena1 For This Useful Post:
fryefrye (02-07-2017)
Old 02-07-2017, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quatena1 View Post
My husband is at Saint Bride currently. I believe they are on lockdown because he calls me at least 3 times a day and I have not spoken to him since Sunday 2/5/17 at 11:00 p.m. Hope this helps.
Thank you for your reply. My son usually calls me at least once per day and I last heard from him on Sunday. My son has only been at St. Brides for 2 weeks, so after 2 years up at Nottoway, we are trying to figure out how things are done at St. Brides. Hopefully the lock downs at a level 2 are quicker than level 3 where they lasted upwards of 2 weeks.

Old 02-08-2017, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quatena1 View Post
Good Morning! Have you heard from your hubby yet? Still noting from my son. Do you know how long the lock downs last at St. Brides?

Old 02-08-2017, 12:01 PM

Glad I came across this, I was starting to get worried. Haven't heard from my boyfriend since Monday morning. Usually get at least one call a day and one email. Hoping lockdown doesn't last long.
Old 02-08-2017, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blynn84 View Post
Glad I came across this, I was starting to get worried. Haven't heard from my boyfriend since Monday morning. Usually get at least one call a day and one email. Hoping lockdown doesn't last long.
The mind definitely starts taking you to places, when you don't hear from them. I am so glad to have this forum to be able to reach out and pull strength form each other. I hope your call comes soon.

Old 02-09-2017, 08:03 AM

Default St Brides

Hello 😃 I was able to confirm for certain that the entire facility is on lockdown. I questioned visitation this weekend and I was told it was going to be granted, so hopefully we will hear from our loved ones soon. 💕
The Following User Says Thank You to Lion For This Useful Post:
fryefrye (02-09-2017)
Old 02-09-2017, 08:04 AM

Question

Has anyone received a call from their l.o. Yet?

Last edited by fryefrye; 02-09-2017 at 08:04 AM.. Reason: DIDNT WANT SMILELY
Old 02-09-2017, 08:16 AM

No call yet but glad to hear they will still have visitation this weekend. Thanks for that info!
Old 02-09-2017, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion View Post
Hello 😃 I was able to confirm for certain that the entire facility is on lockdown. I questioned visitation this weekend and I was told it was going to be granted, so hopefully we will hear from our loved ones soon. 💕
Thank you so much! Drives me crazy that at higher level information about being on lock was freely given when asked, but I guess things are different at lower levels. I'm still grateful that he is now at a lower level. It just stinks that lock down happened within 2 weeks of transferring there while we were still trying to figure out all the new rules and procedures. Do you know how often and how long locks at St. Brides last? Nottoway sometimes went on for 2 weeks!! At least here they are not locked in a cell.

Old 02-09-2017, 08:48 AM

This is actually the longest that I am aware of. They never want to give info... I just continued to call until they got sick of me lol🤔 I am hoping we should hear from them tomorrow. If I hear from him I will post, I know the phones will be hard to come by
The Following User Says Thank You to Lion For This Useful Post:
fryefrye (02-09-2017)
Old 02-09-2017, 04:25 PM

Default St Brides

Just an update..... I called again today and was advised that I will need to call tomorrow to see if they are allowing visitation this weekend. I will post as soon as I know 😉
Old 02-09-2017, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Just an update..... I called again today and was advised that I will need to call tomorrow to see if they are allowing visitation this weekend. I will post as soon as I know 😉
Ugh! Seriously?? I've never heard of visitation being cancelled during a lockdown, even at higher levels visitation always went on.

Old 02-10-2017, 08:02 AM

Quote:
So, I just called St. Brides and they couldn't confirm or deny if visitation would be granted this weekend AND... I asked about the even/odd visitation and I was told that this weekend was an even weekend so only visits for numbers ending in an even number on both days. My son is odd, so I was told he couldn't get a visit this weekend. UGH!!!!

Old 02-10-2017, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryefrye View Post
So, I just called St. Brides and they couldn't confirm or deny if visitation would be granted this weekend AND... I asked about the even/odd visitation and I was told that this weekend was an even weekend so only visits for numbers ending in an even number on both days. My son is odd, so I was told he couldn't get a visit this weekend. UGH!!!!

What?! I was unaware that there are now specific weekends for even/odd. They way they have been doing it the past few weeks odd gets visits on the odd day of the weekend and the even get visits on the even day of the weekend. That's ridiculous if they are going to change things again!
Old 02-10-2017, 10:14 AM

Quote:
What?! I was unaware that there are now specific weekends for even/odd. They way they have been doing it the past few weeks odd gets visits on the odd day of the weekend and the even get visits on the even day of the weekend. That's ridiculous if they are going to change things again!
At this point, I have no clue and can't get a straight answer. I just want to visit my son.

Old 02-10-2017, 11:22 AM

Yay! I just heard from him. Lockdown is over
Old 02-10-2017, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Awesome!!! That is great news!!!!!!

Old 02-10-2017, 11:50 AM

Yay!!!! Any clarification on the visitation schedule?
Old 02-10-2017, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Yay!!!! Any clarification on the visitation schedule?
My husband just called there,because I was so aggravated and he was told that my son could have visits this weekend on Saturday only because it's odd ( the 11th) and his number is odd.

Old 02-10-2017, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryefrye View Post
My husband just called there,because I was so aggravated and he was told that my son could have visits this weekend on Saturday only because it's odd ( the 11th) and his number is odd.
Awesome! Thank you!
Old 02-10-2017, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Just received a call from my son! YAY! Said to tell everyone to be patient, the phone lines are long and the kiosks have waiting list 50 deep.

Old 06-13-2017, 08:51 AM

Anyone hear from their St. Bride's L.O.? My son usually calls right before he leaves for school (12:30 ish) everyday and yesterday's (Monday 6/12/17) call never came. Last full lock was February.

Old 06-13-2017, 08:54 AM

Yes, there are on lockdown. My LO was able to get an email out yesterday morning letting me know they just cut the phones and they were on lockdown. I have not heard from him since. Hopefully they are off soon.
Old 06-13-2017, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Yes, there are on lockdown. My LO was able to get an email out yesterday morning letting me know they just cut the phones and they were on lockdown. I have not heard from him since. Hopefully they are off soon.
Thank you for the quick reply. I started counting the months and figured it had been 4, so they were due to hit. Curious to see if the removal of vending machines actually cut down on contraband <----- insert rolling eye and thick sarcasm