Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Federal prison Visitation info & issues, Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.

Old 01-04-2012, 11:19 PM
~NDNAVO~

Post Magazine Subscription

Hello,
So I wanted to suprise my guy with this magazine subscription he keeps asking his momma to get. She is very sick and not very computer literate so I thought I would do it. The magazine is "Lowrider Arte" (if that helps) and I was hoping someone, anyone, could guide me in the right direction of what I need to do to sign him up. To my understand I can't send him magazines it has to come from the vendor directly and it has to have a subscription. My question is, how do I get the subscription; does this have to be approved within the prison or can I just sign him up? How do I fill out the online form properly so that it actually gets to him? Lastly, where do I send the magazines? The facility he is at has a regualr P.O. Box for mail and then a different address for parcels and such. Any and all suggestion or information is greatly appreciated. I realize that there is a possibility that this wont be a suprise(if he has to get permission) so that wouldn't come as anything new to me lol. Thanks again everyone for taking the time to respond!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2012, 04:19 AM

I recently ordered that magazine for a friend of mine. You can go to lowriderarte .com and order it directly. I had it sent to the same address that I use to send my friend letters and he has recieved it no problem.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katallac04
Hello,
So I wanted to suprise my guy with this magazine subscription he keeps asking his momma to get. She is very sick and not very computer literate so I thought I would do it. The magazine is "Lowrider Arte" (if that helps) and I was hoping someone, anyone, could guide me in the right direction of what I need to do to sign him up. To my understand I can't send him magazines it has to come from the vendor directly and it has to have a subscription. My question is, how do I get the subscription; does this have to be approved within the prison or can I just sign him up? How do I fill out the online form properly so that it actually gets to him? Lastly, where do I send the magazines? The facility he is at has a regualr P.O. Box for mail and then a different address for parcels and such. Any and all suggestion or information is greatly appreciated. I realize that there is a possibility that this wont be a suprise(if he has to get permission) so that wouldn't come as anything new to me lol. Thanks again everyone for taking the time to respond!
I'm not sure about the separate mail addresses but I would assume send I the mail one as its not a package.
I've sent magazines via amazon and had no problems. They also have an easy subscription monitor should he transfer cells or prisons or if you want to renew it. Not sure if they have that one but it's worth checking out.
As for the addressing of it, I put the # on the same line/space as the last name. Not sure your state or prison so I don't know how your mail is usually adressed but hope that helps some.
Old 01-14-2012, 01:28 PM
~NDNAVO~

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalPuppyLove

I'm not sure about the separate mail addresses but I would assume send I the mail one as its not a package.
I've sent magazines via amazon and had no problems. They also have an easy subscription monitor should he transfer cells or prisons or if you want to renew it. Not sure if they have that one but it's worth checking out.
As for the addressing of it, I put the # on the same line/space as the last name. Not sure your state or prison so I don't know how your mail is usually adressed but hope that helps some.
Thanks for the advice ladies! You mentioned that u put his reg# on the same line as his last name but what about the part where we gotta write "FCI...." and the part where we gotta write "Federal Correctional Institution" where would we put that or does it need it at all comin from a company. Also I know the only way they'll let them have it is through a subscription....will it say that once it's mailed? I really REALLY wanna get this for him but stil really REALLY confused lol!

Old 01-14-2012, 06:31 PM
Ride or Die!

I would do it like this.....I have done it like this several times with no issues I hope that helps you
First name last name #11122-333
Federal Correctional Institution-this should be address one line
P.O. Box 1000-This should be address two line
Some where, Land 00000
Old 01-18-2012, 09:38 PM
~NDNAVO~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennkadyn
I would do it like this.....I have done it like this several times with no issues I hope that helps you
First name last name #11122-333
Federal Correctional Institution-this should be address one line
P.O. Box 1000-This should be address two line
Some where, Land 00000
Omg this is SO helpful! Thank u so much, where should I put the level of the facility since both low n medium are on the same grounds?

Old 01-18-2012, 09:59 PM

Thanked 2,398 Times in 954 Posts

I have never had to put the level of security when ordering his magazines/books. He is on the grounds with low/medium.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:23 PM

I know that my way is more of a hassle, but I have several subscriptions to magazines myself that he requested...they get sent to me and I send them in to him. At his institutions magazines and paperbacks are fine to be sent from anyone as long as the words "Approved Reading Material" are written on the envelope somewhere. It's only the hardcovers that they require to be sent directly from the publisher.

I just like to make sure he is actually getting them! There are four different ones that I send and it works nicely! Good luck girl!

Be strong now because things will get better. It might be stormy now, But it can't rain forever.

Old 02-02-2012, 11:05 AM

Does anyone know what kind of magazines aren't allowed? My brother really wants some magazines, he asked for something with heavy metal music. (Something I don't know a lot about!) I found a magazine that is low-cost and looks good called Revolver Magazine, but is that allowed? Do you guys know what kinds of heavy metal magazines are? He's located at the Forrest City, AK Low security federal prison. Thanks in advance for any help!