Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > WELCOME TO PTO > PTO News, Information & Events
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

PTO News, Information & Events What's new, and what is coming to our web community. Administrative notices and information.

Old 02-21-2008, 05:55 AM

Unhappy she's with the lord.

I am so sorry to hear about the loss my god bless you and yours

Krystal blue
Sponsored Links
Old 02-29-2008, 09:39 PM

My prayers are with the friends & family of Mrs Dragon May her soul rest in peace.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:28 PM
Super Duper Admin

PTO Diamond Award Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 14,012 Times in 5,137 Posts

Having just got back to PTO, reading this is devestating.

May she rest in peace and my thoughts and prayers go to all this touched.

I will miss Sally. Her sense of humour was priceless. Her dragon tail fearless. Her determination was unfailing. Her Kindness was sincere. Her devotion to her family and PTO an inspiration.

My thoughts go to Mr D and her family.

Keltria

PTO Administrator

You know you are a successful woman when you build a good foundation with the bricks other people have thrown at you!

Please dont breed or buy while millions of unwanted pets die. Adopt a pet instead.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:26 PM

Thanked 1,081 Times in 521 Posts

Rest in peace!
Old 03-05-2008, 09:57 PM
A LIGHT IN THE WINDOW 4U

Mrs D ...a wonderful woman and friend ,knowing she is in the Halls of Valhalla and out of pain. I send much Love to her family as you all who the chance to know her she shall will be in our hearts and thoughts forever

Sallie

Last edited by Ok.hummingbird; 03-05-2008 at 10:00 PM..
Old 03-06-2008, 03:12 PM
Love Is All There Is...

My sincere condolences to Mrs. D's family and friends.

Old 03-13-2008, 05:41 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Thanked 4,522 Times in 1,244 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keltria
Having just got back to PTO, reading this is devestating.
Me too, Keltria.

I have been away a very long time - since early last summer and really have been mostly gone on leave of absence since Dec 2006 - and coming back yesterday while talking with David and learning that the Dragon Lady had left us has been very heartbreaking for me tonight and yesterday. I knew that she had been sick and David stopped thru here in the fall on his way to the G2G in Michigan at her hospital room and took a little gift and card for me since I couldn't go, but I had not talked with David in a few months and didn't know she had left us 'til now.

It has been painfully obvious to me tonight poking around PTO how very much I'm going to miss Sally, not only for the wonderful person she was and how much (very much) she contributed to PTO, but how much I depended on her working together through the years here and how big a loss that already feels to me and I know will be even more so as I get more active again. The tears have just been pouring and pouring. We had our ups and downs and I'm sure days we'd have liked to have smacked each other silly, but in a lot of ways she was another right hand I could always depend on, working with her on PTO, and I expect I will feel that loss for a long time to come, as well as just simply the loss of a friend.

There are a couple of stories I have told time and again that everyone who's been here a long time is sick of, I know, but I can't help but think of them again.

One is how when we first came to PTO (we joined PTO within weeks of each other, six years ago later this year), she used to scare and intimidate the hell out of me just because she was so opinionated AND so vocal, and I also - because of the "dragon" stuff and all, I guess - had this picture in head of this mean, tiny little Asian woman in dominatrix gear or something, and even after I had met her in person I would always think of that whenever I saw "MrsDragon" or "Dragoness" or "Dragon Lady" and etc. Which, anyone who knew her knows that is like the exact total opposite of what she looked like or how she was, but that just kinda always stuck with me and tickled me.

The other is how when we first met, and were rooming together in the hotel for the second national PTO G2G several years ago, I was riding up in the elevator with this woman who wound up getting off on the same floor as me. As I walked down the hall toward the room, she was still in front of me.

Finally it occurred to me and I said, "Sally?" And yeah, it was her. Her being a grandma and creeping towards 60, I wasn't expecting her to look as young as she did (and this was before she had the weight loss surgery). This woman in the elevator looked 45, maybe 50 tops to me, so it never occurred to me that it could be Sally!

We had a big laugh about that, and I'm so grateful I got to know her in person and we all, of course, had a great time in Orlando that year. Matter of fact, ironically, I have been using a coffee cup this week that she tossed me in Orlando when I wanted a cup to carry down to the pool.

I am laughing now because the reason she changed her username from MrsDragon to MrsDragoness was because we were messing around with something that had changed about the way we changed usernames on PTO shortly before I took my leave, and right after she did it, I said, "Ehhh, I don't think I like that or can get used to that, let's change it back", and she made some - as usual - funny comment about trying out some new "clothes" on PTO for a while or so and maybe changing it back later. Obviously we/she never got around to changing it back so she's MrsDragoness forever now, but to me she'll always be the Dragon Lady.

Her devotion and dedication to PTO was huge and never waned, even when MrD came home for good. There is so much about PTO that simply wouldn't exist if not for her and her input. She will always be a part of PTO and as long as PTO goes on, she will live on through us all because even those who never knew her will be touched somehow or affected by something in PTO that she was a part of.

You always had the feeling she could kick your ass in a heartbeat - - but the honest truth is she had a heart of gold. I am missing, and will miss her terribly, and PTO is missing an important part without her, but then again - like I said - she will always be a part of PTO.

Rest well, Sally, my friend. I wish I'd gotten a chance to say goodbye in person. I will think of you often, and I am so very grateful you are in a better place and free of all that pain. Peace, lady, I will miss you always.

Last edited by Lysbeth; 03-13-2008 at 05:50 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Lysbeth For This Useful Post:
David (07-22-2009)
Old 03-13-2008, 08:08 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,012 Times in 7,140 Posts

I had forgotten all about it until this minute, but Lysbeth's post reminded me of my very first interaction with Sally- I had just returned from my first prison visit and joined in on a thread about the cursed vending machines, mentioning how much I wished they'd add some Certs or something so I could eat without fearing dragon breath the rest of the day... Sally promptly replied demanding to know what was wrong with dragon breath
She was terrific and her shoes will be on the mantle here for a long, long time to come because it's a sure fact that no one will be able to fill them.

In memory of Mrs. Dragoness

Speak your mind-
Even if your voice shakes

Specializing in pest control- Site Exterminator.
Old 03-15-2008, 01:25 PM

Default Been a way for a while

I have been away from the forum for a while as I also have been sick. I am really sorry to hear of her passing. I have thought about her from time to time and had wondered how she was doing.

She was a wealth of knowledge and a contribution to the world. May she rest in peace.
Old 04-06-2008, 08:29 PM

I just now read the sad news after seeing it on someone's siggy. I barely have the time to be here anymore and I've been gone for a long time.
On one of my short visits I did find the thread that she had fallen ill and I knew chances were dim, but it still shocked me. I just did not want to believe she would pass away.
I never got to meet her in person, but just like Lys, I had this picture of her made up in my imagination. MrsDragon- the name says it all. She seemed to be strong and brave. Her wisdom was well known on PTO and I am so glad to know she will be remembered.

My condolences to her loved ones and to PTO.

Tanya