Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > WELCOME TO PTO > PTO News, Information & Events
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

PTO News, Information & Events What's new, and what is coming to our web community. Administrative notices and information.

Old 01-16-2006, 01:47 PM
Fed-X is Back!

Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,606 Times in 1,554 Posts
Exclamation NOTICE: Do you dislike someone at PTO? (and other issues!) - Suggested Reading!

It seems that about once a year we have to clean house - for lack of a better term - and today a number of people will have their memberships terminated for a number of reasons. They know what they have been doing and why. No further explanation will be given to them or people in the future who snub their nose at PTO’s policies and cannot respect other members here.

Before I go any further I want to thank the vast majority of PTO members who have little or no problem getting along with others and following the policies that the members and staff have developed over the last 4 years here at PTO. I know it is not always easy getting along with everyone in such a huge “family” as we have here at PTO, but the majority of you make an art out of it, even when you don’t agree with someone else’s view points.

Unfortunately, there are a few people that have a real hard time getting along with others and we mean to cure these problems by simply removing them. It seems that it is all too easy for a few people to forget or simply deny Prison Talk Online’s community purpose and the policies under which we operate.
Most importantly, I think these few people forget that PTO is NOT some public newsgroup, yahoo group or any other open general community in which they can say or do whatever they please… PTO is far from either of those. PTO is our house / home and those who cannot get along with others here are going to be asked to leave or removed. Nobody here has the absolute right to say or do as they please when it hurts other PTO members or that may incite problems with visitors.
Despite the protests and legal threats made by those that "have problems" about freedom of speech, this is not some governmental entity – it is a private community and membership here is a privilege even though it is free and easy to sign up. That means membership can be revoked and without any warning should someone become a problem here. This may seem cold to some but we simply are not going to put up with these few people causing trouble for all the rest of the people who come here looking for support and to help others. PTO was not, is not, and never will be for those who enjoy drama because they are bored or like to go after people with other ideals than their own.

For those who may be doing the following – understand why you may try to access PTO one day and find your membership terminated without warning and your IP range banned from our servers. I suggest everyone review PTO policies every few months. They are easy, common sense policies which most people live by in the outside world each and every day. If you show people here the same respect as you do on the streets, you should not have any problem. If you consider people and situations “on-line” to be different or worth less respect, you probably will have issues eventually.

1. If you have an issue with some other PTO member and you are attacking/abusing them or promoting a campaign against the person(s) you don’t like - including trying to poison others against this person and cause them grief here in our community or elsewhere - your membership here will be terminated and IP ranges banned. *This includes if you are plotting, planning, creating or exasserbating the issue via Instant Messenger or any other means that is documented and sent to us. (Word of Advice!: Not everyone you may be talking to in IM & IM chats (or elsewhere) always agrees with the abuse of other people, even if they just nod their heads for the moment! It has been surprising in the past the logs that have been sent to us)

2. If you are soliciting business in any part of PTO (chat, forums, PM’s and future components) for yourself or in a company’s behalf and we find out… Your membership here will be terminated and IP ranges banned.

3. If you have multiple active accounts (you use more than one) here at PTO, when we uncover them they will be terminated and your IP range banned. Some or all posts made by those accounts may be removed based on our discretion.

4. If you are acting as an agent for a banned member, meaning passing information, soliciting contact information, etc. You may find yourself banned as well.

5. If you are soliciting for other communities or groups, you may be banned.

6. If you are slamming PTO, PTO Staff or PTO Members, or trying to create problems for them in other locations that may affect them here, your membership at PTO may be terminated.

Simply put, if anyone goes out of their way at all to make life any worse than it already is for people dealing with the prison system we are going to do our best to remove them from the equation where it concerns Prison Talk Online. We want no part of those who make life harder than it already is. PTO’s goal is to support people and share information… Not be a place where people get caught up in unnecessary drama. The solution is no longer going to be counseling anyone. We’re just simply going to ban them and be done with it. If they chose to come back, we will erase their existence here time after time.

Now, an additional note about Correctional Officers, Probation Officers and others that visit and become active in our community. Let there be no misunderstanding – they are welcome here as long as they are not here to abuse any one or cause problems. Over the past 4 years I can tell you that the majority of current and ex-CO’s (and others) that have signed up and participated at PTO have been good for our members and nice people. I know there are some PTO members that are just anti-anything-to-do-with-DOC, probation or law enforcement. I understand some of you may have had some very bad experiences with DOC employees, but that does not mean all of them are bad, and those that do come here to offer information & assistance usually are the good ones. Those that come here with a different attitude and goal are swiftly removed from this community along with their posts, defeating their purpose to cause problems. Most of the anti-prisoner & prisoner family types know exactly what PTO is about and what will happen, and don’t waste their time here.

I would like everyone to keep in mind that when asking a question or receiving an answer from a current or ex-DOC member (or anyone else for that matter) it might not always be sugar coated. This does not constitute abuse or unsupportiveness. (Example) If you talk about bringing in contraband or violating DOC policy, and they point out your comments as to why you lost your visitation; that is not an non-supportive comment. It wouldn’t be for a regular member to make and isn’t for a DOC member to make.

Un supportive is not when you don’t like the answer to your question or something you posted. Unsupportive is when someone is disrespectful, rude or abusive. I know everyone has a different opinion on what those may be but we look at things in common sense terms.

If you feel someone is unsupportive, contact the moderator of that forum or another if they are not available. Do not start battling it out in the forums.

David (Fed-X)
174gmc (11-30-2010), babygirl350 (06-06-2013), Brown333 (11-30-2009), choclgs (01-09-2010), Curegirl80 (01-13-2010), cyrsu (12-31-2009), dianam1972 (01-13-2010), Dimplez (06-17-2010), Donna B (01-02-2010), DustysGirl (12-21-2009), guidrella (02-27-2012), Indylissa (01-05-2010), inthesameboat (01-25-2010), JaiDan (06-10-2010), KathleenTX (01-02-2010), LILMOMMIKC (08-27-2010), Lions Heart (12-04-2009), Lovelasts (12-01-2009), mahkenna (11-30-2009), Mayone (01-04-2010), missmyhubby735 (11-27-2009), momov3 (06-16-2010), number8 (01-03-2010), Raysmyangel (12-07-2009), rottn (12-23-2009), shazaam (12-07-2009), Shorty'swifey (12-14-2009), Shush (11-30-2009), sucker4mylove (04-02-2010), thatguysfamily (06-18-2010), TimedOut (05-31-2010), UserNamesRCrazy (11-30-2009), witchywoman3 (10-25-2012), Wolf9785 (06-19-2012)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2006, 03:12 PM
Fed-X is Back!

Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

To clarify - if you have multiple accounts with posts tagged to them for whatever reason, you need to send me a PM with the name of the old account(s) so that they can be combined with your current working account.

The mention in the first post about using duplicate accounts does not cover the non-malicious holding of extra accounts. What I was specifying is that if you are actively using two or more accounts, especially for nefarious or subversive purposes, such as in case one gets banned or to go after someone anonymously, there are going to be problems.

I understand some people have had account problems and when they could not be fixed they just signed up again. That is understandable and I would be happy to help get the old one(s) merged in with the new ones if you like.
cyrsu (12-31-2009), Mrs.760 (12-02-2009)
Old 03-05-2006, 07:08 PM
getting close!

I don't know how much you hear this, but i GREATLY appreciate these policies!
The Following User Says Thank You to mel2020 For This Useful Post:
cyrsu (12-31-2009)
Old 03-05-2006, 08:58 PM
Fed-X is Back!

Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Not often... lol But, thanks!
Old 03-05-2006, 09:07 PM
WINNING! Admin

PTOQ Editorial Team Member 

Donation Award 

Thanked 37,824 Times in 10,456 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel2020
I don't know how much you hear this, but i GREATLY appreciate these policies!
I second that emotion!

THIS CORRESPONDENCE
IS FROM A WOMAN IN LOVE
WITH A FORMER INMATE OF
THE ILLINOIS DEPARTMENT
OF CORRECTIONS

The Following User Says Thank You to Patty For This Useful Post:
cyrsu (12-31-2009)
Old 03-05-2006, 09:52 PM
*everyone needs love*

fed ex youve done a great job with the site all thanks a bunch ((((((hugs))))))))

angela
Old 03-06-2006, 03:09 AM
Donation Award 

Thank you, I, too, appreciate the policies!!!

Rose
Old 03-06-2006, 04:21 AM
wifey

you have done a good job thank you
Old 03-06-2006, 06:46 AM
Account Closed

I wanted to share something that I learned the hard way.... It is very easy to misconstrue words when you are reading them. There is no tone to a voice there is no emotion to be heard. So it is easy to take it the wrong way. When in doubt of the intent ask..... it is eaiser to ask then to take it the wrong way. When people speak you can hear the tone of their voice and you can tell how they mean what they just said. Reading words is a bit harder. So just ask..... before you get your insides in a knot!
Old 03-06-2006, 08:28 AM
one lucky woman

yeah, there are plenty of rules I do not much care for- but THESE rules, I am madly fond of.

Diamond: a lump of coal that did well under pressure
The Following User Says Thank You to haswtch For This Useful Post:
cyrsu (12-31-2009)
Old 03-06-2006, 08:56 AM

I also appreciate the rules and regs here. Thanks for all of your time and hard work! You guys do a great job with this site !
The Following User Says Thank You to sad mom For This Useful Post:
cyrsu (12-31-2009)
Old 03-06-2006, 09:06 AM

Great Job! Very much appreciated....Thanks so much!

God's timimg does not always coinside with our immediate plans, sometimes his timimg requires that we wait and put our trust in him, because he will always have our best interest in mind
Old 03-06-2006, 09:49 AM
Together We R Everything

I dont know what I would do without this site. Everyones hard work is greatly appreciated.

The Following User Says Thank You to timeforchange For This Useful Post:
cyrsu (12-31-2009)
Old 03-06-2006, 10:25 AM
WRITER/PRISON ADVOCATE

I am so happy you are taking this step, it is sooooooooooo easy to get caught up in the drama an abusive person creates. I actually never thought to contact a moderator as soon as someone post something really inappropriate, but I will do that in the future. I think the moderators do a great job trying to keep people on topic and keeping the abusers out.
I just want to add PTO is a great site and a way to get help and to help others, bless you David and all the people who have helped make PTO the awesome site it is. Catherine

CATHERINE
The Following User Says Thank You to Atalie For This Useful Post:
cyrsu (12-31-2009)
Old 03-06-2006, 11:53 AM

Cool

I to appreciate everything David and the Moderators do! I also have to say that its nice to be asked if we knew something about our posts before some real drama got started. When I first found PTO I was just learning how to use the computer.It was brought to my attention that when I posted a response in all Capital letters it was considered yelling,so it gave what I was typing almost a different context than what I meant.Thanks to it being brought to my attention I was able to correct it without a problem starting! So I for one appreciate the patience and understanding of the Moderators in here! Deborah!
Old 03-06-2006, 12:41 PM
Fed-X is Back!

Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Hey Deborah,
So many of us, including me, have learned a whole lot of new things.. I for one am still learning as I go.. The world of the Internet changes so rapidly.
We would never fault anyone for this type of activity. It is only the malicious and hurtful actions that I think most of us here (not just staff) take offense to. Fortunately, when you look at how much activity PTO has, it really doesn't happen that much.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:56 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed-X
Hey Deborah,
So many of us, including me, have learned a whole lot of new things.. I for one am still learning as I go.. The world of the Internet changes so rapidly.
We would never fault anyone for this type of activity. It is only the malicious and hurtful actions that I think most of us here (not just staff) take offense to. Fortunately, when you look at how much activity PTO has, it really doesn't happen that much.
I realize that! I was trying to say as sensitive as alot of us are especially concerning our loved ones it was corrected before someone else misunderstood me,and a Thanks to the Moderators who help avoid unintended situations that could arise from mistakes! I know I still don't make sense?!?!?!?! LOL!! The jist of it is Thank-you and Thank-you Moderators!!!! Half-senile~~hmmmm Deborah yeah thats it Deborah!
Old 03-06-2006, 01:59 PM

David,
Just a quick question, how am I getting private messages from someone that is banned, that happened to me twice now and I just delete them immediately as I don't want contact with someone that has clearly been terminated for reasons I do not know nor do I want to know. It's none of my business and I don't care to get involved with drama as I have enough of my own daily.
I'm just curious. Thanks.
Terri

The way OUT!

The Following User Says Thank You to TerriB For This Useful Post:
cyrsu (12-31-2009)
Old 03-06-2006, 03:35 PM
Pied Piper
Donation Award 

Thanked 12,587 Times in 3,621 Posts

Terri,
If you are getting these type of messages I would suggest forwarding them to PTO administration.
Old 03-06-2006, 04:25 PM
Account Closed

hey thanks FedEx at times we need to be reminded this is a place of support not segregation and at times we hear things we dont like and others have the right to tell us their opnions and views. thanks again for the wonderful community you help to build
Old 03-06-2006, 05:02 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,022 Times in 536 Posts
Default The nicest people I have "met"

I haven't been a member for very long, but I haven't met anyone here I haven't liked. The people here at PTO are some of the most kind hearted people. We are all going thru the worse times of our lives, yet the people here take the time to care about strangers. And I mean really care.

When I thought I might have hurt someones feelings and didn't mean it that way, I sent her a pm to say sorry and explain myself. I would like to say thank you to all I have had contact with here, and most of all to Donna. I hope that I can help someone the way they have helped me.
Karen
Old 03-06-2006, 05:09 PM
Account Closed

Thank you for providing such a warm, happy, and welcoming environment. I feel like I have something that I can turn to when ever I am bored, or sad, or even happy--I really apreciate it now that my fiance is gone. Thank you for everything!
Old 03-06-2006, 10:53 PM

Great Job!! Thanks SOOOO Much!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to mrshubby01 For This Useful Post:
cyrsu (12-31-2009)
Old 03-06-2006, 11:12 PM

i love you all
The Following User Says Thank You to Psalms31chick For This Useful Post:
cyrsu (12-31-2009)
Old 03-07-2006, 01:44 PM
Fed-X is Back!

Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Are they from a new account? If you know who it is, please contact me via PM.

Thanks,
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriB
David,
Just a quick question, how am I getting private messages from someone that is banned, that happened to me twice now and I just delete them immediately as I don't want contact with someone that has clearly been terminated for reasons I do not know nor do I want to know. It's none of my business and I don't care to get involved with drama as I have enough of my own daily.
I'm just curious. Thanks.
Terri
cyrsu (12-31-2009)