Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > WELCOME TO PTO > PTO News, Information & Events
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

PTO News, Information & Events What's new, and what is coming to our web community. Administrative notices and information.

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2005, 12:05 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,590 Times in 2,182 Posts

That is a great idea TNC .. hey yall look at this link its a fundraiser idea..
http://www.abcfundraising.com/HowItWorks.htm please let me know what you think
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2005, 12:07 AM
Home since 9/29/05! Yes!!

a calendar is actually a great idea hun! all of us here are countin' down to somethin'! ...and the inmate artwork thing is great, too!

I think fundraisin' is a good one and $25 a year is fine by me! why not? that really isn't too much, if ya think about it. monthly payments of a few bucks or so?

all good ideas so far.

thanks David for everything......... and for being honest with us about the situation so we can work together and get through it!
Old 05-20-2005, 12:11 AM
Green Monster Admin
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by e_wife03
how about a calendar or is that just stupid ?
There are NO stupid ideas! Keep 'em coming!!!
Old 05-20-2005, 12:12 AM
Donation Award 

here is one from Dominos that my nephew's Football team did and they made alot of money from it .. http://www.americasfundraising.com/pizzacards.htm

what we did was give everyone about 25 cards and the card itself is 10.00.. the team paid about 3.00 for the cards apiece .

Last edited by Jillian; 05-20-2005 at 12:17 AM..
Old 05-20-2005, 12:20 AM
Donation Award 

I saw Krispy Kremes selling donuts for their fund raiser. I have no idea what the fund was to be used for, as the only signage was their brand logo. But there they were, at every store in town for a day, selling donuts.

Maybe we could get some brand name signs and sell some donuts??

JJT
Old 05-20-2005, 12:25 AM
Making US stronger!!
Donation Award 

There is a site called prisonercrafts.com.....dont really know alot about it just know its an auction site.... where the inmates make money off what they sale online.... why not set up something like that?? Have the loved ones here contribute work to be sold for PTO and have like a fundraiser.....like the calendar idea why not auction off their poetry or drawings and maybe split the profits with the inmate and PTO....something to that nature!!!
Not really sure how to go about getting all that set up - but it would be like an online store as well....profits being shared by the inmate and PTO!! Still thinking as well!!!

Kelly
Old 05-20-2005, 12:40 AM
Administrator Emeritus
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,105 Times in 219 Posts

Some of my prison drawings have taken up to 900 hours to make how much do you think we could sell them for?

Old 05-20-2005, 12:41 AM
Aimee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcjmc1
I think let people maybe have a free 30 day trial and set uit up where they can pay through paypal or send in money orders. ibut i would definately be willing to pay
I like this idea...I dont know that I would pay to join a site I have never even browsed before, but I would definitely pay to join after being allowed to look around for 30 days for free. let people get an idea of what PTO is and if they really want to join and be part of this, set up a membership fee to be paid after the 30 days.

Old 05-20-2005, 12:47 AM
Donation Award 

how about a PTO receipe book? ok think i will be quiet now..
Old 05-20-2005, 12:51 AM
Very Much Missed Administrator
Donation Award 

Quote:
how about a PTO receipe book? ok think i will be quiet now.
Actually I have been compiling recipes from members for about 1 1/2 years now, but it has been put on the back burner....... I can get it going again if there's enough interest!
Old 05-20-2005, 01:06 AM

I would gladly pay yearly dues, auctions, online store, etc. I can not live with out this site, I am being totally honest. I'm ready for anuthing! Let me know..............
Old 05-20-2005, 01:12 AM
Donation Award 

How about selling calendars and since we are mostly women on here,it could be a man of the month one, Jan...David, Feb....Phil, March...Teb, etc, etc,
Old 05-20-2005, 01:21 AM
Holdin' on for dear life
Donation Award 

I would galdly donate on a regular basis if you had, say, a quarterly fundraiser right here on the site. Could come up with a fun theme each time. Low cost, high profit margin.

Or an online auction? Plenty of us have businesses with products and services we could donate.

Then of course there are "real world" fundraisers -- events in different cities.

And I like the online store, I've been pushing that for a year! Use cafe press and you don't have to shell out a dime for inventory or shipping. Some of us with design talent would happily donate graphics for t-shirts etc. -- me included...

Let's give 'em something to talk about!

Old 05-20-2005, 01:23 AM
Closed

[quote=txsfmhstn]Here is what I think

I hate to say this but maybe there needs to be a membership fee for all members. I think all of us could come up with an agreeable amount to charge everyone. Not sure how much money you would need to keep upgrading as more and more members are joining.

I would be willing to pay a membership fee in a heartbeat! Once a year or even once every six months. I think all the other ideas are great as well, but this sight is wonderful and if there had already been a membership fee when I stumbled upon PTO, I would have paid to become a member without a second thought! I could afford this fee more so than the fee I would have to pay to seek out therapy or rehab on the nights I couldn't get through.....lord that would be ugly!
Old 05-20-2005, 01:24 AM
Loving My Lifer

Fundraisers seem to be the way to go. Maybe every forum could sponsor their own, or by state etc. It appears that everybody has some great ideas.

But with all the support that is given here as well as this being a great resource, information, networking and quite frankly a service center, I would imagine that PTO would qualify for more than a few grants. I have experience with some grant writing as I've been involved with starting three small non profit organizations in this small town that I live in. But I bet there are many here who also have experience in writing proposals. The only change you may have to make is going from a .com to a .org--and maybe that wouldn't even to have to change. Just a thought!
Lauolive

[
Old 05-20-2005, 01:51 AM
I is a College Student
Donation Award 

David, how about donations for those cute little icons underneath the join date, location, posts area, upper right hand corner of each post? I'd be HAPPY to earn another one of those cute icons. You know:

$10-$50 donation=basic donation icon
$50-$100 donation=a little bit nicer than the basic donation
$100-whatevers=a REALLY nice icon

I only have two icons but would really LOVE to have another. And since I'm lousy at playing games, I won't be able to earn one that way.

BY THE WAY, if you do start a fundraiser, SPLASH IT ALLLL OVER THE WEBSITE!!! In the forums. Scroll it across the top of the main page!!! This website is definitely worth raising money for!!!
Old 05-20-2005, 01:51 AM
MEMBER #2..."2012 CLUB"

FUNDRAISER SOUNDS GOOD! YOU CAN DEFENITELY COUNT ME IN........

Old 05-20-2005, 02:11 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 27,689 Times in 10,098 Posts

Maybe it's just me, but I'd like to know how much (ballpark) we're talking about here. Different amounts require different approaches.
Last time this problem came up, david asked for donations, and I know what I sent. It worked fine then. So are we talking about $100 a month, $2,000 or what? I'm completely ignorant about the cost of a "dual server" system.
And since most of the users of this site are women, how about memorial bracelets or necklaces - could have the prisoner's name, could be leather, silver, plastic, whatever.

Last edited by nimuay; 05-20-2005 at 02:29 AM..
Old 05-20-2005, 03:42 AM
Account Closed

David, what is the ball park figure that we are looking at?
I agree that a fund raiser would be great but of course like everyone one else said it has to be more than two dollars.

And if you really need to charge a fee for being a memeber on here then maybe that is what we need to do. I for one would be completely lost with out this site. Ask MO, Kat,Kimmy and Nance they will tell you, right now for the next 5 weeks this is all I have due to being out of work with neck surgery......

Let's do a fundraiser and if we have to I am sure we all can do 25.00 a year member ship fee. We all blow that much a month in just other things.
This site is way to important and such a live safer to all of us.

Besides David, this is your baby. This was dream that you had and put it into action. I don't think there is one of us that would let you loose that dream, because that dream has brought so many of us together as life long friends........
love ya
Jeanne
Old 05-20-2005, 04:05 AM
LBI, NJ lovin user

I like the fundraiser - like last year - except make it more than $2 bucks. Those lucky enough to afford more could do so to help out the poorer folks so they're not left out in the cold. If not enough money is collected first go, hold another a few months later. People are here everyday for help and they also have fun playing in the arcade. I think from what I've read there are some very successful people here, they could put their money where their mouth is and help out!
Old 05-20-2005, 04:29 AM

I just thought of something, last time a fundraiser was held on here it was 2.00. There are over 43,000 here. Why not make it a 2.00 yearly membership fee that is required. That alone would bring in 86,000 dollars. I think he needs to be paid back for maxing out his credit cards also. I hope that would cover what he needs and then he would not have to ask for our help every year, unless the site continues to grow and grow. If others would like to give more then by all means do so. I don't think this should be a temp fix for the problem. He really didn't mention about how much money he would need. I hope he likes some of these ideas to keep the site up and running with out a money problem for him.
Old 05-20-2005, 05:59 AM
Till It's Over

IMO i think if there is amember ship fee PTO might lose people the fun raiser i deas are a good thing what about a book we have a pto newspaper why not have a ptobook?
Old 05-20-2005, 06:07 AM

This may not be popular, and i know that many families of inmates are stuggling, but if we made this a pay site (even very small pay, like $12 a month), maybe we'd have a little more privacy in our posts, issues with members could be investigated easier, and PTO could be running effectively.

PTO is getting LOTS of media attention, so it's going to continue to grow even faster.
You'll need consistent money coming in, not a one time or annual fundraiser. If it is a pay site, mgmt could make consider exceptions.

That's just my 2cents. I'll write a check for more later
Old 05-20-2005, 06:10 AM

I'll buy a calendar!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie
How about selling calendars and since we are mostly women on here,it could be a man of the month one, Jan...David, Feb....Phil, March...Teb, etc, etc,
Old 05-20-2005, 06:16 AM
Holding on by a thread

I am like everyone else here...id be willing to pay a membeship fee....and if it wasnt but 25.00 a year would be willing to sponsor another member or two that couldnt afford it. I am not sure what it costs to keep this up and running cause i dumb when it comes to that stuff but just know I cant do without PTO.

Robin
Quiet moments, worship God.
Painful moments, trust God.
Every moment, thank God.
Closed Thread