Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > COLORADO > Colorado Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Colorado Parole, Probation & Release All information relating to parole, probation or release in Colorado should be posted here.

Old 03-14-2011, 10:46 PM
Day Walker

Exclamation Iccs?

Does anybody know anything about ICCS? My husband was supposed to go to Peer 1, but was denied because of his violent history. So instead, he just got re-sentenced to ICCS which after reading the reviews... just seems HORRIFIC.

Does anyone know someone first hand who has been there or who IS there?

I've never read anything scarier than this place's reviews.

I tried to post the link to the reviews, but it won't let me. But they are really really awful and scary.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2011, 10:15 PM
Banned
Donation Award 

You need to have more posts to do links. I know of two people who were at ICCS and they were released on ISP. They had no issues really, comcor is a tough program to get through. There are rules and they have to obeyed.

Not sure what horrible reviews you've read, I haven't seen any...but then I haven't looked. My husband is a violent offender too and he has a much better chance of getting into ICCS than he does Denver because Denver won't take violent offenders...even though he's at CMRC and doing really well there. One of the guys I know who should be off parole now worked with my hubby and he's been doing fine for the last 3 years. Got custody of his kids and everything.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:42 AM

My husband successfully went through the program at iccs. It is not an easy program...very strict. All I can say is do whatever is required with no attitude, do not bend any rules, make no excuses when you mess up and do whatever you can to not draw attention to yourself.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FoxyRabbit For This Useful Post:
Day Walker (03-17-2011), seansbabyluv (03-16-2011)
Old 03-17-2011, 07:21 PM
Day Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by seansbabyluv View Post
You need to have more posts to do links. I know of two people who were at ICCS and they were released on ISP. They had no issues really, comcor is a tough program to get through. There are rules and they have to obeyed.

Not sure what horrible reviews you've read, I haven't seen any...but then I haven't looked. My husband is a violent offender too and he has a much better chance of getting into ICCS than he does Denver because Denver won't take violent offenders...even though he's at CMRC and doing really well there. One of the guys I know who should be off parole now worked with my hubby and he's been doing fine for the last 3 years. Got custody of his kids and everything.
I just googled it, and there was a place on the website that said, "reviews" and I read them and it was awful. Like they make rules, don't tell anyone about them and then violate people and send them back to prison. Or they say you can't fraternize with the girls, but they'll putcha in the same room with them, and then when you talk to them they violate you. Or they make you go to super expensive programs that you can't afford, and because you can't afford them they violate you. There's bugs in the food, and bed bugs. But thank you for this information. Hopefully you're right! And I've been hearing the same thing you've said from other people too, so I'm encouraged.

What is ISP?
Old 03-17-2011, 07:24 PM
Day Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxyRabbit View Post
My husband successfully went through the program at iccs. It is not an easy program...very strict. All I can say is do whatever is required with no attitude, do not bend any rules, make no excuses when you mess up and do whatever you can to not draw attention to yourself.
Awesome! Thank you!
Old 03-17-2011, 11:42 PM
Banned
Donation Award 

ISP is residential intensive supervision as in ankle bracelet monitoring. I talked to my hubby tonight about it and he said it's prolly pissed off family members posting on there (after all if they were in prison they wouldn't have internet access).

Like my husband said, follow the rules, do what they say, behave and there shouldn't be any problems.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:47 PM
Banned
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxyRabbit View Post
Hey Foxy...didn't your guy have another parole hearing? Did he make parole this time?
Old 03-20-2011, 04:16 PM
Day Walker

Quote:
ISP is residential intensive supervision as in ankle bracelet monitoring. I talked to my hubby tonight about it and he said it's prolly pissed off family members posting on there (after all if they were in prison they wouldn't have internet access).

Like my husband said, follow the rules, do what they say, behave and there shouldn't be any problems.
Would my husband have to do the ISP thing after he is allowed to move out of ICCS?
Old 03-20-2011, 07:03 PM
Banned
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day Walker View Post
Would my husband have to do the ISP thing after he is allowed to move out of ICCS?
Yes residential ISP is after going home. I don't know how long they keep them on ISP, I think it may be until their paroled. I'm not sure though because it's more expensive.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:06 PM
Day Walker

Quote:
Yes residential ISP is after going home. I don't know how long they keep them on ISP, I think it may be until their paroled. I'm not sure though because it's more expensive.
Yikes. Being married to a criminal beginning to get kind of expensive...

Thanks for all of your help.I appreciate it.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Hey Foxy...didn't your guy have another parole hearing? Did he make parole this time?
Yes he did! Thanks for remembering! His hearing was the beginning of November. We heard from his PO on Christmas Eve that he was granted parole but his date is not until May 2nd. Well, that was a new one. Anyway, we're going through the submitting of his parole plan (again). He is also recommending that the ankle braclet will go away. So, we're at 6 weeks and counting. That puts him on isp for a whole year before regular parole.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:52 PM

ISP will likely last until parole. We really didn't have any extra expenses with the exception of classes. His UA's didn't cost us anything nor did the ankle braclet monitoring.

ICCS reviews....I agree that they are likely from an angry family member. Yes, they tend to make up rules and not disclose. They will try to trip them up. There is an appeal process when someone is written up. Basically, regardless if they're guilty of the write up or not, apologize and say it will not happen again...and ask for leniency. It worked for my husband every single time! They can talk to the opposite sex in the meal hall (if you want to call it that) and outside in the courtyard. Otherwise there is no interaction allowed at all. Hope that helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to FoxyRabbit For This Useful Post:
Day Walker (03-23-2011)
Old 03-23-2011, 10:02 PM
Banned
Donation Award 

I'm glad to hear your Sean made parole! Congrats! Although I too am puzzled over a 6 month release date...weird. We're just keeping our fingers crossed he'll be accepted in comcor when he applies next month. Then there's always parole in August and if nothing else, he should qualify for early release a year from June.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:38 PM

I know alot about ICCS. It can be bad if you let it. There are alot of rules but if you follow them, get a job and keep your nose clean he'll be fine. If he can get a job right away it will make it much better as he can work thru the levels and get time to go visit family. If he gets in trouble though he'll get write ups which give him chore hours and restrictions (cant go outside, only go to work and class, etc...). Staff can be harsh so really watch who you become friends with because if their on staff's shit list so will he. Be polite, keep quiet and always be on time. If your late more write ups.

Also write ups delay your time there and you don't get as much good time toward the rest of your sentence.

Some people just cant make it but it is better than prison. At least you get to see family, friends and get to go to work. Lots of classes though. Good luck.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:59 PM
Day Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbuddy View Post
I know alot about ICCS. It can be bad if you let it. There are alot of rules but if you follow them, get a job and keep your nose clean he'll be fine. If he can get a job right away it will make it much better as he can work thru the levels and get time to go visit family. If he gets in trouble though he'll get write ups which give him chore hours and restrictions (cant go outside, only go to work and class, etc...). Staff can be harsh so really watch who you become friends with because if their on staff's shit list so will he. Be polite, keep quiet and always be on time. If your late more write ups.

Also write ups delay your time there and you don't get as much good time toward the rest of your sentence.

Some people just cant make it but it is better than prison. At least you get to see family, friends and get to go to work. Lots of classes though. Good luck.
Hey, thank you very much. That's very useful information. I pass all the information I can get, on to him. That way he is very prepared. He's still waiting in county for a bed to open up.

Thanks again!