Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > IOWA Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

IOWA Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions Topics and conversations dealing with the State of Iowa - Department of Corrections, Criminal Justice System, Prisoner & Family Support, News & Information, visitation, mail, etc.

Old 04-06-2020, 11:22 PM

Default Iowa video visitation?

So I know other states have started video visitation for inmates since regular visiting has been cancelled. I think I read on the Iowa DOC website they have been piloting with some select families. Has anyone heard if you are going to have to be on the inmates approved visitor list or just on the approved phone list? I've noticed every state is different. Some it's visitation list, some it's phone list, and some all you have to do is set up an account on JPay. Just wondering what other people in Iowa have heard or possibly someone doing the piloting has some info on how it will work. My husband is in Clarinda, and I'm hoping I can finally see him for the first time in 2 years. They deny me so I am not on his visitation list.

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2020, 02:53 AM

yes you have to be on his approved visitors list