Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BREAK TIME > PTO Lounge
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

PTO Lounge Come in... put your feet up and relax... talk about anything non-prison related! Hobbies, Books, Technical and Do it Yourself, Travel and more.

Old 12-25-2018, 07:09 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 30,430 Times in 15,216 Posts
Default What is the best thing you ever got for Christmas?

Or the most memorable Christmas. (lets try to make them good memories if possible)

As a child I think this one year we got so much stuff! A rare thing as there were four of us kids. The best part was after we opened all the gifts.....my dad made us go out in the back yard. I got a bike! A blue schwinn bike. Rode that sucker all the time.

Other time I remember was I must have been about 6 or 7 or so. We lived in a flat in SF and it had this odd door between the *formal dinning room* and the living room that had doors that shut the two off from each other if you wanted.
WE were all in the living room, watching something on tv. It was Christmas eve. So toward the end of the night, near bedtime my dad tells us to go look at the tree (which was in the *dining room*
There were gifts there where none had been earlier. I had no idea how they got there! (I was doubting Santa at this point) I knew my folks had been in the same room as us and couldnt figure out how they did that so I *believed* for at least another year.

last one.......1990. It was Christmas eve.I had come home from the hospital after giving birth to my youngest. He's the best thing I ever got for Christmas. (well besides my eldest, also a December baby)

That's my dog's nose art

The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
miamac (12-26-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2018, 01:52 PM
Always Remembered

PTO Super Moderator Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 30,829 Times in 11,078 Posts

ah, I got a chain saw!!!
choclgs (12-28-2018), miamac (12-26-2018), sidewalker (12-27-2018)
Old 12-26-2018, 03:00 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad on leave

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 21,551 Times in 7,643 Posts

As a kid...the Christmas morning I walked, sleepy-eyed, into the kitchen to get my hot cocoa and cream of wheat off the table and saw that my dad had received a new bike. He rode a bike to work every day for 35 years. When I asked who brought the bike for dad, mom said dad didn't get a new bike. Well, there's definitely a bike in the kitchen so...OMG! It's mine!! They actually bought dad and I matching bikes, my first 10 speed.

As an adult...giving my ex husband tickets to a Metallica concert. He's a die hard fan and the only thing second to his reaction to getting them that day was the experience of going with him to the show. I don't think I could top that gift ever.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
choclgs (12-28-2018), sidewalker (12-27-2018)
Old 12-26-2018, 04:18 PM
Lil British Site Moderator

Thanked 10,825 Times in 4,499 Posts

At the end of the 1990's I got a VCR I was so excited my first video player. I had it fitted to our TV in the living room and I spent a months watching men in black the only video I had.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
BearsLadyBear (12-28-2018), choclgs (12-28-2018), miamac (12-28-2018), sidewalker (12-27-2018)
Old 12-26-2018, 08:33 PM
One Day Closer

More of a memory for me.

I remember this one Christmas, I must have been 6, my sisters 11 and 14. My sisters and I walked into the living room and our jaws dropped to the floor. When I say toys and presents were on the couches, under the tree and the floor. The living was swimming with toys and presents. Not an empty space on the floor. We jumped up and down screaming and crying. We were going crazy. LOL

My father was hiding behind the curtains with the old school camcorder (we later found that out). My mom took pictures of us opening our presents.

It must have taken hours to open those gifts.

Beautiful memories.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BearsLadyBear For This Useful Post:
choclgs (12-28-2018), miamac (12-28-2018), sidewalker (12-27-2018)
Old 12-28-2018, 05:48 PM
Carolina traveler

Thanked 3,518 Times in 2,429 Posts

A cordless phone That year was really rough for my mom financially and she explained she wouldn't be able to do much for Christmas. I was okay with it but she asked me to make a list anyway. All I wanted was to able to talk on the phone in my bedroom.

To my surprise, she didn't wrap it, she placed it on top of the television that morning with a bow on top I haven't forgotten that Radio Shack phone nor what I felt that morning.
BearsLadyBear (12-28-2018), miamac (12-28-2018), sidewalker (12-28-2018)
Old 12-28-2018, 06:48 PM

In 96 my mama left rehab and stayed clean for 13 years before passing away.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Osugirl For This Useful Post:
BearsLadyBear (12-28-2018), choclgs (12-29-2018), miamac (12-30-2018), sidewalker (12-28-2018)
Old 12-30-2018, 08:36 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 30,430 Times in 15,216 Posts

Thought I'd share this one. Its not mine (tho I wish it was!) but Ive seen in on fb a few times.
This daughter loves to prank her dad. One yr she got a box of Ferro Rochet (spelling? its those candies wrapped in gold foil. Chocolate coated and a bit crunchy inside and crushed nuts on the outside)
These candies are her dads crack. He loves them! Cant resist them.

She unwrapped all the candies and put brussel sprouts in the foil and rewrapped them and watched as her dad unwrapped them.

She then skipped a year.
the next time she took it a bit further. She did the same as above but she also coated the brussel sprouts in chocolate and added the nuts, rewrapped them resealed them and put them under the tree near where her mom had put gifts for her dad.
And waited.
The dad, now suspicious didnt take the bait at first.
Finally after breakfast he couldnt take it. He very carefully looked at the wrapping, then decided it looked ok. Took out one unwrapped it and promptly tossed it in his mouth.
She said his face went from pure pleasure to disgust as he got to the brussel sprout.
I dont know why but this just cracked me up!! (I would have forked over the real ones tho.......)
She now awaits payback from her father.

Would you do anything like this to a loved one?
I might, but I sure would hate the payback. lol

That's my dog's nose art

Old 02-11-2019, 09:16 AM

When I got my playstation one. It was lightyears ahead of the sega mega drive in graphics.
Old 02-11-2019, 02:44 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad on leave

Thanked 21,551 Times in 7,643 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewalker View Post
Would you do anything like this to a loved one?
I might, but I sure would hate the payback. lol
I seriously hate pranks. My grandma planned a surprise party for my 5th birthday. Decked out her whole backyard, had all my friends over. Seems like a great idea, right? I walked out onto the patio, they weren't even hiding. But as soon as they said "Happy Birthday!" I began to cry. Lol I'm scarred for life!
But my uncle used to wrap his wife's gifts in weird ways to mess with her. Like the whole tiny gift in a really big box full of paper. Or one year he put firewood in the box so it was heavy, but it was a pair of knitting needles. That kind of thing.
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (02-12-2019)