Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BREAK TIME > PTO Lounge
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

PTO Lounge Come in... put your feet up and relax... talk about anything non-prison related! Hobbies, Books, Technical and Do it Yourself, Travel and more.

View Poll Results: How did you meet your man?
We were set up on a blind date 17 1.11%
Through mutual friends 425 27.71%
Through school 118 7.69%
Through work 144 9.39%
At a party/bar/club 127 8.28%
Pen Pals 212 13.82%
Other 491 32.01%
Voters: 1534. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-26-2004, 02:32 PM
♥.{[N0StALGiA]}.♥

WOW...everyones answers are great...sooo full of happiness!!!!! Arent Memories Grand!!! I thought I was the only one who believed in FATE. It's nice 2 know I'm not alone here. I love those MEANT TO BE stories of yours. You are all so great!!!!!

Last edited by MoReNoLuVzNoTtY; 04-26-2004 at 02:33 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2004, 02:37 PM
Banned

I met my hubby through my best friend and her boyfriend after my senior prom I ditched my date and went up to my hubbys apartment where he was having a party when i met him I fell in love with him it was simply "love at first sight" for the both of us and almost 3 years later we are still madly in love with each other
Old 04-26-2004, 02:45 PM
Little One

We used to be partners in crim.. lol but he is doing his time as ive already done my time! and when he is out we can try again! In a better way!

Old 04-28-2004, 07:04 PM
Nichole Loves Jeremy

Through some friends at school. Me and my best friend met this guy at school, well she hooked up with that guy. One night we were looking for a place to hang out, and chose his grandma's house. I met a few people that night, but the one that caught my eye was Jeremy, he was in a relationship at the time, which involved a baby, but as things kept going, she left him for some one else. So on my 17th birthday, we spent the entire day together. Laughing, talking, swimming and hanging out with some of our friends. That's the day that he told me him and his girlfriend split up. And that he had had his "eye" on me. So, we kept it going. We moved in together before we were actually together. We were friends and I was having problems at home. Moving in together just helped it alot. He always tells me that he knew he loved me when he first met me, but he was scared to get into another relationship, now 2 1/2 years later, we're apart. I made him believe that not every woman was the same, and I'm not the same as his baby's mom. She's physco. (I'm being serious) Anyways, I'm hoping that he's home sooner then we think. I'd write more about it, but I could go on forever, most people wouldn't want to read that much about the first time we met. Especially since I don't actually know any of you people. It's great thinking about it though. I love it. Thanks
<script language="JavaScript" src="http://webapps.nerdsonsite.com/utility/countdown.cgi?year=2005&month=3&day=12&offset=-5"></script> days until my baby's max out date. Hopefully he's in my arms sooner though

Jeremy and Nikki forever
Old 04-28-2004, 07:43 PM

We first met in middle school. We didn't get together until Senior year in high school. We were together until a few weeks before graduation.
Old 04-28-2004, 07:58 PM

Default We met

We met in school but didn't associate with each other really. Then he was locked up with my Best friends Boyfriend ( Small world huh) and we were reunited then, and have been talking for 9 months now and tonight i told him i loved him for the first time. :love:
Old 04-28-2004, 08:35 PM
Our little Angel!!!!!!!

met 5 years ago at a party hooked up lost touch and met up again a year later at the bar. Been together ever since. We have a beautiful daughter together!!!!
Old 04-30-2004, 01:23 PM
He's home!!!

I met my fiance' through his niece, I never knew her uncle would be so fine....oh but he is:-)
Old 04-30-2004, 05:26 PM

Location: Back in queens NY where I belong..him well in Altona.

Wow I met luis I was about 17 and a senior in High school. I knew his sister because we use to work together. I will never forget the first time I saw him sitting the back of the classroom. We had spanish class together. We hung out then....he would hang out at my house with all the fellas... I have known him an awful long time... sweet memories. It wasnt our time then but its our time now.

He is my best friend and I love him very much.
Old 05-10-2004, 09:51 PM
crazy in love

I met my man a year ago at a work release center while going with my cousin to see a guy of hers. It was truly love at first sight.
Old 06-23-2004, 06:30 PM
Is is February 2005 yet?

He was my boss.....talk about company benefits huh?
Old 06-23-2004, 08:05 PM
Thank god he's home

I met mine in an msn chat room.imagine that.
Old 06-23-2004, 11:51 PM

I was his babysitter when he was married to his first wife!
Old 06-24-2004, 12:46 AM

oh my goodness bfawayinpa so did I!!!!!! Imagine that lol! Mine was a baseball chat room lol!
Old 07-01-2004, 11:32 PM
My Heart Belongs to Him

When I was in eighth grade jacob was in 6th. I thought the he was the cutest thing I had ever seen and we started 'dating'. THat didn't last to long since I was going to be in HS (there was no way I would be with a 7th grader then huh?)...Years passed...I graduated and went to SIU-Carbondale. WHen I came home for christmas break a friend of mine was having a party. I was sitting at the table playing cards minding my own buisness when in walks Jacob...OMG did he look GOOD!!! From that moment I knew I had to talk to him so we talked all night catching up and seeing how things were for one another. He stayed with me that night and we've been together ever since......I love him so much now....He's going to be coming home soon THANK GOD!!!
Old 07-02-2004, 07:42 AM
John's Future Wife

yeah i met him through an ex boyfriend who is currently locked up aswell. Im soo happy i ditched hte ex and got with JOHN. He actually cares. Needless to say they dont talk anymore

Old 07-02-2004, 12:06 PM

Default how did you meet your man

Hello.
I'm a writer, the author of four published books (see my website www.sheilaisenberg.com), and would like to talk to you about your relationship for a new book that Im working on. It's a sequel to Women Who Love Men Who Kill and will focus on the men -- lifers or inmates on Death Row. Why are these men different? What qualities do they have that make them reach out to you on the outside? Or what character traits, personality traits, etc. make them alive despite the conditions on the inside, alive enough to get into a relationship?
If you're willing to be interviewed, please write back.
Thank you.
Sheila Isenberg
isenberg@hvc.rr.com
Old 07-02-2004, 12:59 PM

I been with my man since we were 14 and 15. (we're 23 and 24 now) But I've known him longer cause we grew up in the same neighborhood and kicked it with the same kids. My first memory of him was when I was 11.
Old 07-02-2004, 01:58 PM
Account Closed

As For me and Ricky, we met because one of my friends, at the time, was dating one of his close friends, and she gave him my number and he called me and from that day on we have been through a lot but we are still here.
Old 07-02-2004, 02:24 PM
Jason's Heart N Soul

Me n Jason met at my cousins house 7 years ago. We hooked up 2 days later n its been QUITE the ride since then!!!!
Old 07-20-2004, 12:15 PM
Missing Marty

My husband (to be - Marty) and I met over the internet playing euchre at Pogo, it used to be ten.net then. That was seven years ago and it was 4 1/2 years ago that we met in person in Canada
Old 07-20-2004, 01:08 PM
lil man & marcelina

I went home after a bad seperation from my ex and was staying with my cousin and her roomate and her roomates boyfriend....well her roomates boyfriend had a friend there staying on the couch....I hated him at first but slept beside him on the couch for two months....until one night we started talkin and hanging out.Put it this way they where wonderin why he never would go home...he said later he did not want anyone else to meet me and knew I would be his one day...well we shocked everyone one morning when they all got up before we did and seen us both wrapped up in each other arms....it wasn't a secret anymore.
Old 07-20-2004, 01:28 PM
Banned

ME, I MET FROGGY ON A PEN PAL SERVICE.... I THINK IT WAS PRISONPENPALS. COM OR SOMETHING!
Old 07-20-2004, 01:52 PM

We went to the same college. We moved in together and when I graduated we moved to my home town. 3 1/2 years living together. After a bad fight he went home and within a month was locked up because of his lack to monitor WHO he was hanging with.
Old 07-20-2004, 04:19 PM

I met Larry back in 1972.... we lost track of each for about 30 yrs.. in 2002 .. I was at a bar.. he asked me to dance.The next day kept phoning me until I finally answered the phone.. and we've been together ever since.. I truely Love him..