Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BREAK TIME > PTO Lounge
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

PTO Lounge Come in... put your feet up and relax... talk about anything non-prison related! Hobbies, Books, Technical and Do it Yourself, Travel and more.

Old 12-27-2006, 03:42 PM

Talking How many of you have Physically met a PTO Member

I was just wondering how many of you have met another member on here and what was it like for you?
I recently had the plesure of meeting a PTO member now I consider a great friend and we had a wonderful time, we did alot of talking about all kinds of things both good and bads of being a wife of an imnmate. We both shed tears I think that were held in some time we had a new understanding of "your not alone" statement. To me to be able to actually sit down and talk put it all out on the table and heave no fears of what another person thinks or that they dont understand was a weight lifted off me. Have any of you had this pleasure.
babygirl350 (07-21-2013), Mayone (06-22-2009), PTO-189145 (02-05-2010)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2006, 03:47 PM

LOL this is a good question to ask. I sometimes look around at visit and wonder if any of the other ladies are on PTO. I have never met a member but I wish i could and I hope to in the future.
Old 12-27-2006, 03:51 PM
UNBREAKABLE
Donation Award 

Yes, I have. The first PTO member I met actually turned me on to PTO. We met because we had our FRP visits scheduled during the same dates. She told me about PTO and we've been friends ever since.

Also, after becoming a PTO member myself... I almost instantly clicked with another member in the NY PTO forum... we talked on the phone all night and I felt like I found a long lost sister. Shortly after we met and went to dinner and shopped and talked and we had a ball.

And earlier this month about 10 of us met up for a PTO NY G2g and all of the ladies were wonderful... a real pleasure to meet and be around.

It's refreshing being able to talk with other women who are going through this.
Old 12-27-2006, 04:00 PM

I met a lifelong friend on PTO on a "share a ride" thread. We've rode up together several times and have been a great source of support for each other! I love ya mysticalbtrfly1! mwah!!!

Old 12-27-2006, 04:03 PM
Te quiero Papucho!

I have met many.. pto members at my babys prison & have also gone to a PTO reunion so I got to meet others. It was very nice to put face on the forums~!
Old 12-27-2006, 04:06 PM
Banned

I have met a very dear friend of mine on PTO. I think that our friendship transcends the prison thing, and will be lifelong.
Old 12-27-2006, 04:11 PM
Banned

I Feel Like I Met The Sister I Never Knew I Had We Have Become So Close and I also met someone else who is very cool

Last edited by hooddiva; 12-27-2006 at 04:17 PM..
Old 12-27-2006, 04:13 PM

I would say most of my really close friends are from PTO! I've met several members through get togethers or the need to share rides.

Old 12-27-2006, 04:16 PM
Banned

Red face

Just wanted to stop in and say that it's good to hear that your connections have been good ones. Who needs trouble in their life, right, so good for you good ladies, that you hooked up with some good ladies!! That's what I'm talkin bout!!
Old 12-27-2006, 04:21 PM
My husband is home....

I have met several thru dinners/get togethers. Then a few on my own, just by casual conversation. There are a few that I have become very friendly with away from PTO. I have a very good friend where she & I get together each visit.
Old 12-27-2006, 04:21 PM

Me also, I have made an especially dear friend in Johncat. I have met some other ladies who are very sweet and also understand. I cannot express what a difference having someone who TRULY understands what this is like makes. Like LongHaul, I believe Johncat and I will always be friends, it is rare to meet someone like her that you instantly connect with. She is awesome.
Old 12-27-2006, 04:48 PM

I haven't meet any yet
Old 12-27-2006, 05:20 PM
Banned

Sure have, and I love her to death
Old 12-27-2006, 05:24 PM
Very Much Missed Administrator
Donation Award 

I have met well over 100 PTO members and not had a single bad experience with any of them. I've met members from at least a dozen countries and many states.
But they all get along and
EVERYONE is happy!

R.I.P. Sally! This Dragon is Flying High Again.. WE LOVE YOU & Will Never Forget!
Old 12-27-2006, 05:28 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

I have! Goldenglove, and she has become my best friend. Wait, let me rephrase that, more like a sister to me. :love:

We met in October, towards Halloween and we have been inseperable ever since. She lives like 5 miles from me until I moved and now she is like 5 minutes from me.

It's great to FINALLY meet someone who knows EXACTLY what I am going thru and who I can vent to and who can vent to me.

THANKS PTO!!
Old 12-27-2006, 06:28 PM
Formerly Ray's Angel

I have met one(in person) so far and we have become really close. It is really nice to have someone to talk to about things that only WE understand. We both met our men in the same situation which makes our understanding of each other that much stronger.

I will be meeting another member in person this week-end and I am looking forward to getting to know her better.

I have made 2 more really good friends that are really dear to me. One is in Cali. and the other in Oklahoma. I don't know that I will ever get to meet them in person but who knows. I would be really cool.

I can say that each one of them have a special place in my heart. I am SO glad that I found PTO and was givin the opportunity to meet some really good people. I hope to get to know many more of the member's here.

Last edited by Baby_Blue; 12-27-2006 at 06:31 PM..
Old 12-27-2006, 06:52 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Thanked 12,841 Times in 4,101 Posts
Default Meeeeeeeeeeee

I have met Four!!,,and several BLOW UP my CELL But I love them ,,They are very precious to me!
Wavin to Pootie, Chi-Town Hustla,Downtown,West Coast Ryder,Papi's Chica,NYCiddity and GangstaBooWifey (those are my nick names so they know who they are )
Old 12-27-2006, 07:00 PM
Beautiful One

I have had the pleasure of meeting 2 PTO members...one at ASMP and one at RSP..both recognized me from my siggy!
Old 12-27-2006, 07:09 PM
Guess we were meant to be

I haven't met anybody "physically" but I met one who's becoming very dear to me. She actually came at a very weird point..where I thought I was going insane..or at least falling in a serious depression state. Just emails (very loooooong ones!) and then IMs have lead to us definitely intending on meeting soon. she lives not too far from me. Then there's another lady whom I've been keeping in touch with. She lives quite far, however, but we've learned about e/o as well. Actually, she lives closer to my boo than I!!! lol But I can't wait until I do meet up with you, DA (ya know who you are!). It's amazing how this site has been my rock.
Old 12-27-2006, 07:13 PM
6 years strong <3

I became really close with 2 members here. Unfortunately, they both live on the other side of the country and we were never able to arrange a meeting. Both have since split up with their boyfriends and don't really come on here as much anymore...

Old 12-27-2006, 07:18 PM
Closed

I had the pleasure of meeting EDWARDSMISS on my recent trip to PA.
Until that point, I had nobody I could talk to about my man, my family and friends refer to him as 'that criminal' so I don't mention him to them anymore,it's not worth the hassle it causes.

It was great to be able to get a lot of stuff out in the open, sometimes things seem like a major problem,until you meet someone else in a similar position and you realise it is possible to deal with things.

Meeting my new friend has made a huge difference to things,I now know I can chat to someone who understands what I go through and I can also support her and listen when she needs somebody,as we all do from time to time.

I can't wait until the end of February, not only do I get to fly out and see my baby again, but I get to hang out and spend some time with a good friend.
Old 12-27-2006, 07:19 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,728 Times in 1,649 Posts

With Michigan and all the g2g we have here I have met quite a few members and they have all been pleasant experiences.

Old 12-27-2006, 07:29 PM
I am forever his.....

Thumbs up

I have met one who offered a place to stay before she even met me to help me save some money. She is now one of my closest friends and will be there as my witness when we get married.

I love you Steve!

Old 12-27-2006, 08:15 PM

No I Havent Met Anyone From Pto But Woudnt Mind To Meet Someone Off Here. The People I Ride Up To The Prison My Husband Is At They Are Real Close Friends Of Mine When You Have Friends Out In The Streets That Think Your Crazy For Doing All That You Do For Your Man. They Just Dont Understand Like All Us Faithful Woman..
Old 12-28-2006, 01:08 PM
Green Monster Admin
Donation Award 

I've met more than 100 members through various g2g's... and I've met some of the most amazing people I'll ever have the privilege of meeting...