Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Extended Family
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Extended Family For the grandparents, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews and cousins of inmates.

Old 09-28-2006, 07:41 AM
I love him...

Unhappy My cousin is gone...

I just found out today that my cousin got sentenced to 3 years and 4 months to 10 years. My cousin is only 16 and its jus killin me cuz I kno he doesnt deserve for his sentence to be that harsh. Now on top of my boyfriend bein in jail (even tho its only 4 11 months) I got my cousin upstate now and im jus really hurtin right now..i dont kno wat 2 do
thanxs for listening guys

Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2006, 02:22 PM

Default my cousin is gone...

i Am So Sorry About Your Cousin. That Sure Is Young To Go To Prison. Is He In Like A Juvenile Facility Or A Yoa Camp? My Son Went To Prison At 17. Keep You Chin Up. Write Him As Much As Possible And Send Funny Cards. Hope That Once He Gets Settled That You Will Hear From Him. I Will Keep You And Him In My Prayers. Rollo
Old 09-28-2006, 06:27 PM
I love him...

Thanxs rollo..no he;s not in any type of camp he's in elmira right now..a maximum facility here in ny..only its upstate ny so yeah its pretty harsh..but thanxs for the advice!!!!

Old 09-28-2006, 06:44 PM
Satisfied

I'm sorry to hear that. And really, the only thing you can do is be there for him. Especially at such a young age. Make sure he knows folks on the outside are there for him and pulling for him!!

Jenn
Old 09-29-2006, 09:30 AM

Default my cousin is gone

i do not understan why they sent this child to an adult prison. this just irks me to no end. so has he went evaluation or is this the prison that he will stay in? god will give you the strength. he has done so much for me. keep your faith. rollo
Old 10-03-2006, 07:25 AM
I love him...

No he's in there to stay until he puts in a transfer in a couple of years..but thanxs for your support

Old 10-03-2006, 10:12 AM

Default my cousin is gone

i am so sorry that he is going through this. i know how it feels to have some one so young in prison. my son went in when he was 17. so how long did they give your cousin? just make sure that you write him and send funny cards. hopefully he can get a job and go to school to pass the time. rollo
Old 10-03-2006, 05:33 PM
Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollo
i am so sorry that he is going through this. i know how it feels to have some one so young in prison. my son went in when he was 17. so how long did they give your cousin? just make sure that you write him and send funny cards. hopefully he can get a job and go to school to pass the time. rollo
I couldn't let your note go by without responding.

It was a very nice and helpful note. You said something that I think doesn't happens as much as it should. Sending funny cards. Not only does it brighten someone day it also gives him something to share with his friends.

I remember when one of my friends got a funny card where I was, he would always share it with his friends. "Look what I got from my ????." It adds something to the day other than the day to day drama.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:56 AM

Default my cousin is gone...

thanks jimbo. i send my son some of the silliest cards and they make him laugh. i always send a serious card like on his bd and x-mas but he loves the funny ones. just so hard to find some that i have not sent him before. lord it is hard to not have your love one here but at least i know that he is not running the streets and getting in trouble. rollo
Old 10-05-2006, 09:45 PM
Proud Grandma
Donation Award 

It's so sad to hear of such a young person going to prison. It always breaks my heart. Make sure that you let him know that he isn't fogotten. If you have a dollar store around there it's awesome to get cards there that are 2/$1.