Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OREGON > Oregon General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oregon General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Oregon that do not fit into any other Oregon sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 02-22-2007, 07:29 PM
Mother of Inmate

Hi Again,
I haven't received any mail from him since 1.5.07. He mentioned something about their being gangs and such, but I haven't heard anything else. It's a prison, I don't know what he expected, it's not a resort. Other than that, no I haven't heard anything. His wife talks to him as often as possible, and she hasn't mentioned anything to me.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2007, 09:38 PM

johnnies girl! Yeah I also like what you say. Over the years I have never really known what to say when asked. Some people I am close to, always know, yet, when you meet new people, its not a very good conversation starter. I used to say he worked for DNR dept of natural resources because he was at camp and that is what he did..... But now as we go through this again not quite sure what to say.
Old 02-26-2007, 11:31 AM

Hi everyone! Names Danielle and my fella is in TRCI...jus wanted to say hello and try to get some support from some of you that have been around and know the ropes. I have been having mail issues and posted something about the phones and if I can get a cell phone with a 541 area code to save on calls..... hope everyone is healthy and having a great day!
Old 02-26-2007, 11:48 AM
brokenheartedma

Hi Danielle, Call Sprint in Hermiston, Oregon and ask for Ruby (anyone can help you, but she is the one that set us up). Tell her you want a Umatilla phone number and service. They can probably ship the phone to you.
OR you can call your local Sprint store and see if they will give you a Umatilla phone number.
You can get the 200 anytime minutes, free nights and weekends for $29.99 that was the cheapest we found. Our son calls on nights and weekends and saves the 200 minutes for emergencies.
Of course then you have to open a VAC debit account. But the calls are like $2.00 each!
Good luck!
Old 02-26-2007, 06:38 PM
Outlaw's honey girl

Welcome Danielle! I use a Cingular Go Phone. It has a Umatilla number. The phone is only for his calls or if I had an emergency. I put $25 on it every 3 months and 10 cents per minute are deducted plus $1.00 for any day that I use the phone. You can put larger amounts down but we don't talk but once a week unless it is a special occasion. If we talked more I would definitely invest in a plan with free nights and weekends. My guy was recently moved from TRCI to EOCI. The call charge deducted from his VAC account wasn't that much more ($2.90 instead of $1.75) so it wasn't worth changing the phone number and getting hit with the change fee.

Old 04-30-2007, 12:14 AM

Default Hi

Hi I am new to this whole thing, my husband is in TRCI in umatilla, he has been in three months and has 12 months to go, if anyone is interested in talking and eventually carpooling over there, let me know. It's nice to know that so many people are in a similar situation.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:15 AM
brokenheartedma

Welcome Sadie503,
My son was moved from TRCI to Snake River a couple of months ago, otherwise I might be interested in carpooling, sorry. You shouldn't have a problem finding anyone to talk to, there are lots of friendly people here. I'm still willing to talk or listen, even though ours are at different sites. Good luck.
brokenheartedma
Old 08-04-2007, 11:00 AM
Always Rocky's Girl

Hello, My name is Dawn and my fiance' and I are new to this whole DOC experience. He went in on July 20, 2007 (sadest day of my life!) where we dropped him off at Lane County Jail and then he was transferred up to Coffee Creek on the 24th where he is right now. This is a miserable experience and I feel like I hurt all over the place! This is his first...and last I might add...time of ever being in prison.

He tells me every day...please do not leave me...he is truly afraid that is going to happen and yet I don't understand why because he knows how in love with him I am. But I guess while he is in there he talks about me and us all the time but the other inmates tell him it will not be long before I leave because I guess most all of these men have lost their wives and girlfriends. But I explained to him...think about it...most of these men are in there repeatedly and yes I can understand why their spouses have left them...they keep going back in! For us...this is a one time shot! Once it is over with we are done with this life style!

I am thankful to have a place to talk to others that are in the same boat as I am...thank you for being here! I believe that if I stay involved in my CURE group and continue to come here to talk I will never loose focus on my guy. His name is Rocky and I am blessed to have him in my life. I love him so much and I miss him. This is hard. One question: will I ever get to a point that I will not cry when I talk about him. I think I have cried everyday that he has been in.

I can't wait until we find out where he is going to go. The lawyer we have who is terrific I am glad we paid more money and went with a really good lawyer seems to think we will be out in about 19 months. He is eligable for...is it Shutter Creek in North Bend??...but only after he has been in there for one year. Our lawyer is going to help us get in over there as it was written into his file from the judge that he would be allowed to go over there. I know that it depends when he gets in there as to when there is an opening. Our lawyer will call the director of the program in 12 months...I don't know if he knows the director but he says he calls them all the time to work his magic of getting his clients in when they are eligable. I guess the only thing we can do is wait. Time...what a lonely word.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:34 PM

Welcome Dawn,
There are so many people that are here to help you I am sure that there will be a day that you don´t cry, but it is OK to cry. I have never been in your situation, but I am sure that everything will be ok.

Time is a very lonley word, I know that for a fact.

There are lots of things that you can do to help your fiance, like sending him any and everthing tha you can possibly think of from a picture of your garden to a picture of what you shopped for. I am sure that the little things are what counts. there are in the main forum some feebie magazines once he is transferred to the prison where he will be. On the Oregon thread there is a thread called "to keep busy" that has some wordsearch links in it that are also kinda neat. I wish you the best and I welcome yo to PTO. We here will try to answer any questions you have!

Last edited by lostangel143; 08-04-2007 at 12:37 PM..
Old 08-04-2007, 01:02 PM
I Scam Inmate Families

Dawn Bray, welcome to PTO. Time is a very lonely word, when you are going through a situation such as ours, waiting on a loved one. It does get better, though right now it probably seems like the gloomiest days of your life.
Old 08-04-2007, 06:11 PM
Outlaw's honey girl

Hi Dawn, it's me Audrey. I'm glad you decided to check out this site. I know you will get a lot of support here.

Old 08-05-2007, 10:19 PM
Always Rocky's Girl

Thanks to you all for the nice welcome. Today I only cried once. That is pretty good for me these days! I look forward to the friendships.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:48 PM

Dawn Bray,
I would also love to welcome you to PTO. I cant promise it will be easy but I can promise having PTO to help you through does make it a whole lot easier. Remember, you are NEVER alone anymore. Someone is always here to offer support or just listen thats what its all about. Hang in there. We all know how hard it can be at times. But at least you have people who understand. PM me anytime you want to talk.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:12 AM
My ❤ is in Cali Moderator

Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 

Donation Award 

Hello to everyone,

I am a new member here, only signed up a couple days ago and have been enjoying reading the archives and postings.

My honey has about 5 years left of his sentence, and has been in for close to half of my life. We met the summer I turned 18 (it was an accidental on purpose 'wrong number'), and dated for a while but had lost touch of each other by the time I was 20. Next thing I knew I saw him on the news He contacted me after he had been in about three years, but I couldn't bring myself to keep in contact with him. I had two small children and was trying to get out of a terrible relationship. At the time I didn't have anything left to give, physically or emotionally. I had never lost the feelings I had for him, so I knew I couldn't trust myself to not get involved... And at the time I knew I could NOT be as strong as he needed in a friend.

He tracked me down again this year, and this time the timing was right. We both have been married and divorced. Its nice to see that we have the same feelings we always had, and now we are old enough that we value each other in ways we never did before. I firmly believe there are people we are supposed to have in our lives, and if we don't take the opportunity the first time then they are brought back into our lives until we get the hint. To use his words, we have gone full circle. Whatever you want to call it, here we are 22 years after we first met, falling in love again.

We have committed to ourselves and our relationship that we will not do the 'would of, could of, should of' kind of torture. Instead we will use these remaining 5 years to build the best foundation we possibly can for our future. This time, our relationship will be successful and we will live happily ever after.

Reading the postings here at PTO have enlightened me a great deal. I understand that things are not going to be easy, but we will face the battles together and united we will remain strong to the end.

MarkLovesMe
Old 08-07-2007, 07:34 AM
I Scam Inmate Families

Welcome to PTO. I too believe that there are certain people that we are put into our paths for a reason. Whether it's this life time or the next, you keep encountering them until you make connection. How else do you explain deja vu so much when you meet someone? Anyhow -

You have a great foundation right now and from the sound of it, you've been through the hardest part, the rest is a piece of cake (almost).
Old 08-07-2007, 12:07 PM
loving my caged bird

My husband and I got back together after 15 years apart and knew we were still in love with eachother. I think it goes deeper than that. It's said love is eternal and I truly believe our being back together is no accident. We also needed to mature or grow up and I had a miserable marraige in between, too. We have been married for over 7 years now! He has over 6 more years to go in prison but I know I will stand by him. He has tried to push me away several times. Oh you don't deserve to put your life on hold he'll say. And I say back there isn't anyone else out here that I want to spend my life with. I can't love anyone else, I've tried. We're so close it's not just husband/wife it's best friends and sister/brother(not in a weird way). Or perhaps just simply soul-mates. 2Lovebirds, mated for life.

Love is patient, love is kind. Love never fails.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:31 PM
Outlaw's honey girl

Welcome, marklovesme!!

Old 08-07-2007, 09:05 PM

Quote:
I can't love anyone else, I've tried. We're so close it's not just husband/wife it's best friends and sister/brother(not in a weird way). Or perhaps just simply soul-mates. 2Lovebirds, mated for life.

2Lovebirds, That´s the kind of Love that I think everyone is looking for! Hold on to it!

Old 08-09-2007, 03:06 AM

I know how you feel. After everything Jeffrey and I have been through, never have I felt this way about anyother person. We have known eachother for 14 years I tried very hard first, NOT to feel the way I felt about him as did he with me, it was too complicated. Then when we finally did get together oh boy! And then I tried again to forget about him... Well here we are now we are MARRIED! True soulmates only happens once in a lifetime! Welcom To PTO!!!
Old 08-12-2007, 04:21 AM
signed off for good.

Welcome!
Old 08-14-2007, 11:20 PM
My ❤ is in Cali Moderator

Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 

Donation Award 

Thank you for the welcome, this forum has been very informational and has provided quite a bit of support for me. I knew I could get through this and wait the next 5 1/2 years, but it really is nice having conversation with others that are going through the same thing.

I wish none of us were here, but I really am grateful that since we are there are so many people willing to share and support. I know that Mark is my soulmate, and am willing to go the distance until we are together again. He is already calling me by his last name, and discussing getting married. That's something we will have to wait a while for, I am not ready to quite go there yet. I want to make sure that is the right decision forever, and not because he is worried that I might leave.

I am in this for the long haul.
CDCr kicked him out of the SHU, YAY!!!
Old 08-20-2007, 11:39 AM

Hello. I learned about prisontalk from a lady attending a DOC/CURE meeting. I have limited computer skills.. finding it difficult to navigate, but will keep trying. The love of my life is in the intake process at Coffee Creek. Theft from an employer.. about 4 years ago, prior to our meeting. A criminal act from a noncriminal person. Alcoholic... hoping for a placement in the Burnt River program, seems to be not much hope despite qualifying.... waiting list for program. I've never felt such loss and pain... dispair in not knowing what to do, how to help, who to talk to.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:49 PM
Always Rocky's Girl

Default Welcom

Hello, welcome to PTO... hiclassguy...I have not been a member for very long myself but I love research and so I do anything and everything I can to learn things to teach my love who is also at CCCF right now. Please feel free to ask me any questions. My guy has been at Coffee Creek now since the 24th of July. We believe he is meeting with his counselor this week which means that we are that much closer to him being placed and that much closer to me being able to see him again!

Anywho...I still cry daily and sometimes several times a day. But I have grown a little since the first days he was gone. I talk with Rocky three times a day right now so that makes it easier. We have some of the best conversations that we have ever had and I thought we had great ones while he was on the outside too!

I miss him everyday...all day! I get involved with CURE...that is a great group I am in Eugene and we have super people in our group. I have been to the ODOC meeting just this last thursday night on my Birthday. I talk with Rocky daily. I come to this website daily. I look on the internet everyday for information for him. I send him a letter every day. I write a daily blog everyday about Rocky and I and the System and how it effects our lives. I just learned about some volunteer activities that I can do through ODOC/CURE so I will now take that up. And I hang out and talk with as many people like me...with someone on the inside...because no one else truly understands what it is like for us they try but they can't imagine and I have a couple of people I really love out of my CURE group that I talk with on a daily basis...weather they like it or not! ha

I figure the more that I do all of these things it will help me stay on a path that keeps me close to Rocky as well. I have no intention of ever leaving him and I tell him that daily but there are days he wonders...naturally I suppose because he is around a lot of people that have lost their wives/girlfriends and children or have found that they cheat on them while they are in there. So in some ways we have stepped backwards...on the outside he would always know I would never do anything to jepordize our relationship...he knows it in there too but being around others that just keep saying...wait you will see, it will happen to you too!...it makes him nervous even if he has nothing to be nervous about. But when he hears all the things I do like the above then he knows I am filling my days with HIM!

My email address removed per pto policy if you would like to talk further.

Take care.
Dawn

Last edited by JustChendy; 08-21-2007 at 06:36 PM..
Old 08-20-2007, 03:50 PM
I Scam Inmate Families

Welcome hiclassguy, we've all been through that despair stage, eventually it does get easier. Even if they published a manual on what to do once a loved one is incarcerated, it wouldn't cover everything. This site does help tremendously. My girlfriend is currently at Coffee Creek, has been there for awhile, I'll be glad to answers any questions you have.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:31 PM
Outlaw's honey girl

Hello hiclassguy. You've come to the right place to find people to talk to. The intake process is the worst, it does get better while never being the preferred way to live so hang in there.