Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OREGON > Oregon General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oregon General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Oregon that do not fit into any other Oregon sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 09-27-2006, 04:20 PM

thanks 2lovebirds (I actually have lovebirds LOL)

We (the kids and I) actually just left Oregon. I really didn't want to, even though the move was good. Got us out and away from the people that helped put my husband where he is. Bad part is we're too far for visits. Hoping we might be able to save up and fly back in to see him for a few days in a while.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2006, 11:34 PM

HI my name is Kathi and my man is currently at EOCI and I am outside Salem. I have been able to see him twice and it kills me to leave him behind too. We talk often and write as often as we can. He is there for measure 11 too and has about 5 years left to go. A loooong five years. It's hard. I hate this.
Kathi
Old 10-20-2006, 12:32 AM
loving my caged bird

Hi Dinnwanna ! Welcome! I hate this too! But PTO has made it alot easier for me. Hope it helps you too!

Love is patient, love is kind. Love never fails.
Old 10-21-2006, 10:26 PM

Thanks for the call out there 2Lovebirds !! I am trying to live this out one day at a time. I just got a call from my honey that he finally got a job. Not a glorious thing but at least he stays busy and that helps with making the time go by faster...wish it was for me One day at a time ... One day at a time....
Dinn
Old 11-10-2006, 08:41 PM

Default new member

Hi

I am the mother of a sweet guy now in EOCI trying to cope with all this. His Girlfriend lives with me and we both are lost on how to visit and all the right things we can send to him. I thought this forum could help us.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:24 PM
loving my caged bird

Hi and a great big welcome to PTO Dewkiss and LittleDew, too! You have found the right place to learn about this being locked-up kind of stuff, and there's alot of support here too!! Just start by going to the different forums and ask ask ask!! He will want to request that you girls get on his visiting list, it's a process! Get his SID# and always put that on the envelopes addressed to "him sid#". Visit the DOC site http://www.oregon.gov/DOC/ and you will learn alot! Visits and mail mean EVERYTHING to them, and phone calls are really important, too! It's not easy but I wouldn't know a fraction of what I do now without the support of the wonderful people here at PTO!!!

Old 11-10-2006, 09:57 PM

Default new member

Thanks for the welcome,

we are on his visit list already he saw to that!!hehehe and when we can afford the phone card our phone has been aproved. I just hope they have a good vistors room there. I can't walk to far and was told I need to get a doctors note to use my walker or cane. All these rules have me a bit mixed up. His girlfrind is ltlwlf. Dewkiss
Old 11-10-2006, 11:48 PM

Well I have been lurking long enough. I am in Southern Oregon and have a loved one in Mill Creek Correctional Facility. It has been pretty rough and I have been supported even while lurking. Ya'll are wonderful!! Looking forward to posting with everyone.

p.s. i hope this posts right! LOL
Old 11-11-2006, 12:21 AM
loving my caged bird

Hi and welcome to PTO MissStarbuck! Mmmmmm, why am I suddenly craving a mocha latte'.....when it's time for bed?! Yup, you can only lurk so long and then you just gotta join in! It sure makes it easier "talking" to others! No it's not easy that's for sure!

Old 11-11-2006, 12:36 AM

Welcome DewKiss and Miss Starbuck! This is a great place to get support and help when you think there is none to be had....
Old 11-11-2006, 12:41 AM

Thank you very much for the warm welcome you 2! It looks pretty quiet in the Oregon rooms. Do ya'll find yourself posting in the General areas more?
Old 11-12-2006, 04:21 PM

I look all over the place, read as much as i can and respond where I can...If you want to ask an individual a question outside the forum you can PM them by clicking on their name and it will give you a drop down to select what you want to do.
Old 11-12-2006, 08:08 PM

testing...
Old 12-08-2006, 02:13 AM
brokenheartedma

Hi, I'm a new member on PTO. I have been searching for a support group for Parents of Inmates. My 21 year old son is at TRCI, I have seen him once at TRCI and once in Coos County in the past 2 years. Before that, he was incarcerated from the age of 17 to 19, in Alaska where he lived with his father.

I miss him so much. Having a son (child) in prison is a very different pain, than when it is your spouse. It's an undescribable pain.

When I think of him in there, I feel a scream well up inside me. If I let it out, I'm afraid if I start screaming, I may never stop.

I was at the store picking out a Christmas card for him today. I started crying in the card isle. I cried all the way through the check out and to my car. i don't care who sees me cry, anymore.

I want to go see him. I can't drive that far on my own. Besides are the roads clear? It costs so much to see him too, gas, hotel, food.

I have pretty much bared my soul here. I am hoping to find new friends and support, I hope I haven't scared anyone away.

brokenheartedma
Old 12-08-2006, 02:27 AM
loving my caged bird

Brokenheartedma~~~~~A big welcome to you!! You just try, you're not gonna scare us away!!! You have landed in the best spot I have found for support. Go to the Parents with children in prison forum in the clump of forums "for family and friends". You should find others who are in a similar situation as you. I am happy to hear you got to visit your son. It is even far for me, I'm just outside of Portland. I might go and visit on Christmas depending on the road conditions. I don't night drive very well so I always stay overnight myself.

Old 12-08-2006, 11:28 AM
Its just me

Welcome to all the new members......We are happy that you have come and hope that you find what you are looking for!
Old 12-08-2006, 01:58 PM
brokenheartedma

2lovebirds and justchendy - Thanks for not running! And thanks for pointing me to the correct forum.
brokenheartedma
Old 12-08-2006, 01:59 PM
Outlaw's honey girl

Welcome! My guy is also at TRCI and I don't do the drive in the winter because of the rain and possible ice. Looks like we need a fearless driver with a 4 wheel drive.

Old 12-09-2006, 04:42 PM

Hello, my name is Nina Gramps and I am in the process of developing a non profit organization called Two Wrongs Don't Make A Right. The purpose of the organization is to promote positive lifestyle choices and provide the opportunity to improve one's lifestyle. We will educate employers about the direct solution they can become in today's recidivism rates and provide career search assistance. This program is currently in the last stages of development and will serve in the multinimah county and clark county metropolitan area. The improvements we make everyday should determine the outcomes of our futures, for many with past criminal background challenges, this is not the case. We hope to serve the community in the near future! all of your demonstrated efforts, and desires will not go un-noticed!
Old 12-10-2006, 12:16 PM

Hi everyone..I am insomniac7905. I live in Boise but through a penpal site I have developed a "good friendship" with an inmate in SRCI. I also have two childhood friends currently in ISCI and one recently got moved to BCDC. Like alot of people I am new to the whole "system" thing, trying to "learn the ropes" and all, and hoping along the way that I will eventually ease my frustrations and questions and hope to be able to give advice rather than just request it.
Old 12-10-2006, 08:56 PM
loving my caged bird

Hi and welcome to PTO Insomniac!! You have landed in a great spot and will learn alot about the prison system! Thanks to PTO I knew ahead of time to leave my underwire bras at home and buy one "special" with no support so I could visit him. Have you 'had the pleasure ' of visiting yet?

Nina I want to welcome you to PTO esp. if you are trying to make a positive change in the system. Here at PTO we have or had a loved one who is/was in the system and we help eachother out. Maybe a moderator can post your information in the Oregon news and events topic? I'm in a different county but good luck!

Old 12-10-2006, 11:27 PM

Hello,
My name is Shawn's Girl, I have been married for one year and we have been together for three. My husband has been in for about 5 months now and is down to 17 months, he is currently in Mill Creek. I am new to this site found it when doing a search on the web site and would be great to talk with others here in Oregon going through the same situation. I have never been through this and it has been very hard for me. I look foward to talking with everyone more.
Old 12-10-2006, 11:29 PM

Smile New Oregon Member

Sorry did not mean to post twice and since I have not figured out how to delete yet I had to edit and post a new post here. So if someone would let me know how to delete that would be great.

Thanks

Last edited by Shawn's Girl; 12-10-2006 at 11:50 PM..
Old 12-11-2006, 09:01 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Lovebirds
Hi and welcome to PTO Insomniac!! You have landed in a great spot and will learn alot about the prison system! Thanks to PTO I knew ahead of time to leave my underwire bras at home and buy one "special" with no support so I could visit him. Have you 'had the pleasure ' of visiting yet?

Nina I want to welcome you to PTO esp. if you are trying to make a positive change in the system. Here at PTO we have or had a loved one who is/was in the system and we help eachother out. Maybe a moderator can post your information in the Oregon news and events topic? I'm in a different county but good luck!
Thanks to PTO I found that out as well before hand (Thank God)
As for visiting I haven't yet but will be doing so in a few days to go see a friend. Thanks for asking.
Old 12-11-2006, 02:36 PM
loving my caged bird

Hi and welcome to PTO Shawn'sGirl!!! This site is sooooo very helpful and informative! I'll have to catch up with ya later.....don't know where in Oregon you are but I sleep late and gotta go out in this torrential rain and pay my phone bill. Looks like a boat would be a better choice!