Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OREGON > Oregon General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oregon General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Oregon that do not fit into any other Oregon sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 05-23-2006, 10:40 AM

Red face For Ashley Nicole

thanx girl...it's hard but i'm tryin 2 stay strong...i know, not much longer...
where in Oregon do u stay? and how often do u get 2 visit ur man? ya'll still look familiar. but then again, i swear i see everybody at SRCI...
i hope ur havin good days too.
--Joye Deone
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2006, 09:10 PM
Its just me

Welcome Chadsbaby4life........nice to have you on PTO
Old 05-29-2006, 10:14 PM
Walkn Side By Side

My name is Kimberly, I am 27 and my husband Jamar is 22, We have 5 1/2 years left. I recently relocated with our children and my younger sister to Ontario, OR to be closer to him.
I have a cousin in law in TRCI, my brother in law is in SRCI, another brother in law that has been in Multnomah County for 3 years fighting a Murder case and my 13 yr old son father is in OSP.
I have dealt with the ODOC for a good 14 years and it never gets easier just more bearable.

I just want to say thank you to all the men and women on PTO, it's feels great to know I am not alone in this madness (The system we call Justice)LOL.

For anyone who needs info about SRCI or just need to talk. (send member a Private Message! personal email removed for member security.) (there is a sweet lady out here also who has resources for those trying to see there loved ones) I have her Info.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001_1.JPG (34.8 KB, 53 views)

Last edited by JamarWife4Life; 05-29-2006 at 10:15 PM..
Old 05-29-2006, 11:58 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamarWife4Life
I just want to say thank you to all the men and women on PTO, it's feels great to know I am not alone in this madness (The system we call Justice)LOL.
Welcome to PTO!!!

You are definately not alone in the maddness!!!

JJT
Old 05-30-2006, 04:32 PM

Smile hi all

JustChendy-thanx again girl...don't we just love SnakeRiver? LOL i'm just so glad he'll b leavin there soon. you guys look familiar too. i'm sure i've seen u in vsits.
JamarWife-welcome girl...my fiance is at SRCI too. has been for about 2 years now...but we're almost done. keep ur head up girl with each one of ur DOC relations. it's cool u were able to move down there so u could b closer. i stay in Portland and it was hard makin thoses trips too.

take care everyone...stay strong
Old 05-31-2006, 01:16 AM

It has been about 10 months since the last time I have been here. Alot has happened in that time. My boyfriend was Moved from Santiam Correction Institution out to North Bend to Shutter Creek Correctional Institution. He was then moved back to Santiam and is now currently at Mill Creek Correctional Facility. Of course, I was not able to visit him when he was in North Bend. However, now that he is back in Salem, it makes it a little eaiser. At least he is now only 100 miles away. I saw him twice over the last weekend. It was hard for me, after all out meeting was under unusual circumstances. I had a friend who was in prison and when he was released, he paroled to my house. He stayed with me for about 3 months and every once in a while his friend would call. After my friend moved out to his own place, his friend called again. I took the call so that I could tell him that out mutual friend had moved. Anyway we started talking and now it has been over a year. Even though I have only known him while he has been in prison, this is one of the only relationships I have been in that has not been based on sex or money. Let's face it. We are not having sex, and I really don't send him enough money for that to be the basis of our relationship. They good news is that he will be out in 10 months. The bad news is he will have done 7 and 1/2 years. Him as well as myself fear that he will not be able to cope with the outside world ofter being locked up that long. But I believe with the proper support and encouragement, he will be able to make it. The hard part is not wating for him to get out. The hard part is going to be keeping him out. Oregon does not rehabilitate inmates. They are set up for failure. Job security for the ODOC I guess. It will be a long tough road, but with the support of his family and myself know he will make it.
Old 05-31-2006, 12:26 PM
Donation Award 

I am glad you came back to PTO!!

Spend the next 10 months finding out if there are any 'hidden' resouces for your guy when he gets out. Contact Oregon CURE, there is a link on the OR DOC web site.

Most of all, get yourself ready! Here is a great thread regarding Coming Home:

When the doors open and they walk out.

JJT
Old 06-19-2006, 03:53 PM

JAMAR'S WIFE
hey girl, i just got 2 see ur flicka, and i've seen ya'll in visits a couple times at SRCI, that's crazy. i think my man even knew your's or said wuz up or something...
Old 07-29-2006, 02:16 AM

hello. i signed up with pto just today. my situation is unique. PatricknBrandy got me this far. how? well, my newest neighbor, whome i love and cherish, sat and cried on her sons birthday and told me his story. he is just one year behind me in high school. i did not know him then, but feel like i have known him my whole life. patricknbrandy posted a thread that caught my google search of my neighbors son. he is at eoic and isnt ever slated to be out. im not his girlfriend, in fact, im married with children. but now i will write to him, and i will take up his defense and one day i will see him face to face. i believe in him. he doesnt know i exist. thank you for being here. im glad this forum is here.
Old 07-29-2006, 06:52 AM
First Timers Club #95

Hi Brandy and Welcome
Old 07-29-2006, 06:53 AM
First Timers Club #95

Hi Damien baby gi and Welcome
Old 08-13-2006, 02:59 PM
Its just me

Just wanted to say hello and welcome to all the new members in the Oregon forum.......
Old 08-20-2006, 06:48 PM
Luv Him Everyday

I am new here, and still trying to figure out how to post, but I have a guy who is at SRCI. We met when I answered an online ad that he had placed looking for a penpal. We have been dating for over a year now. I live about 45 minutes away, and visit him 2-3 times a week.

I put a pic of us on here, so if anyone recognizes us, please say hi, as I am looking for some support as I don't get any from my family or friends.
Old 08-20-2006, 10:17 PM
Donation Award 

Well you have come to the right place for support and understanding!!

Welcome!!

JJT
Old 08-21-2006, 11:37 PM

Default New and old........

I have been out for about 3 years now. After filtering through the final bits of insanity encouraged by DOC, I am fully ready to contribute and help out the fellow ex-cons as much as possible. I have done some letter writing and what not since being released, and attended a function at maclarin(or however you spell it) in support of a friends son. I must say it was strange, very strange being in on the other side of things, I was sort of shell shocked the duration of the social........
Anyway, the name is Brendan, I did 6 years in several of Oregons lovely institutions. I still have friends in there that likely will never be released, and my heart is with them. I also have friends that are going to get out, want to change, but don't really know what to do, where or how to begin. My heart goes to all the loved ones of convicts in every state. My dad was loony enough to visit me every 2 weeks for my whole set. We are very close now. I didn't really understand why he was doing it at the time, it was hard to grasp really.
I really am trying not to ramble on, but stuff just wants to tumble out to this keyboard........
I am here because I want to support those affected by this system, by bad decisions, by chaos, etc. I am here because I have some ideas bouncing around ready to come out. I really want to set up some stronger support networks for folks coming out. I know I can help and I know I am creative enough to contribute original thought and creativity.
I am looking forward to chatting it up with you folks on here and seeing what I can learn and give as well.

Happy to have found this website!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brendan For This Useful Post:
Mzdreamer7 (12-31-2011), Shygirl4joker13 (10-14-2015)
Old 08-22-2006, 11:09 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan
I really am trying not to ramble on, but stuff just wants to tumble out to this keyboard........
I am here because I want to support those affected by this system, by bad decisions, by chaos, etc. I am here because I have some ideas bouncing around ready to come out.
Ramble and bounce away!! That is how things are changed. One persons rambling ideas, read by another, now are stronger.

JJT
Old 08-22-2006, 05:19 PM
Its just me

Luvmyfirefly.....hello and welcome to PTO.....I too have someone I love at SRCI, he's been there for 6 years with a lot more to go...this is a great place for support so anytime you need to talk that is what we are here for......

Brendan......welcome to PTO, we look forward to hearing your ideas.....
Old 08-23-2006, 12:09 AM

Hello my name is Jack I was at snake river for five years and was released in December of last year on a interstate compact returning to my home state of Louisiana its hard to believe I have been out almost nine months now I have several friends that I stay in contact with, and a lady friend at coffee creek plus a pen pal in maryland so this site is great I wish my family had known about it when I was in it would have been a fantastic support group for them. i am glad to "meet" you all
The Following User Says Thank You to jackangusrd For This Useful Post:
Mzdreamer7 (12-31-2011)
Old 08-23-2006, 09:05 AM
Donation Award 

We are glad to "meet" you too!!

JJT
Old 08-31-2006, 01:12 AM

Hi, I've have been reading the forums for months now and its been very helpful, so i figured i should introduce myself and become a member. I'm from Portland and my guy is in EOCI, we known each other for yrs now and before he fell we both were in relationship with different people. but we have always admire each other, unfortuantely our prior relationships fail and this year faith has brought US together and since Ive been his support. His doing measure 11 so its about 7+yrs down 5 already, its been hard on me being with someone so close but so far away, i have gone to see him twice and its been really hard on me knowing that i am leaving him behind. we have gone thru the same things we all go thru: letters,visits,pics,expensive calls, and lonely nights. All i want is to be his support and try to make things more easier for him in there. i know that's there is so much i can do but life out here is stressful enough and i don't want to worried him. so i would luv some feed back on others experiences on how i can become a great support for this 25yr old male in EOCI. thx
Old 08-31-2006, 06:50 PM
Donation Award 

Welcome to PTO!!

What I have done over the last several trips through the system is to be a sort of filter for Fellah. Sharing part of my daily stresses and thoughts with him, but keeping things that he can't do anything about or will make him feel worse on the outside. It is a real delicate balance, as I am sure you can understand.

Above all, just be honest. Keeping some information to yourself is not dishonest. Just make sure what you do share is honest.

I am glad you found us!!

JJT
Old 09-22-2006, 09:22 PM

Default husband moved to SCI

Finally out of the intake process... thought we were both going to go nuts! My husband is at SCI now...anyone with info on that?

-r

Old 09-25-2006, 11:54 AM
loving my caged bird

R in exile~~~~welcome to Oregon! Hope you like the rain! lol I'm not sure which facility SCI is but just check the Oregon prison profiles thread. You'll start getting info about where he's at in no time!

Love is patient, love is kind. Love never fails.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:22 AM
*Meet me in your dreams*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUSH
Hi, I've have been reading the forums for months now and its been very helpful, so i figured i should introduce myself and become a member. I'm from Portland and my guy is in EOCI, we known each other for yrs now and before he fell we both were in relationship with different people. but we have always admire each other, unfortuantely our prior relationships fail and this year faith has brought US together and since Ive been his support. His doing measure 11 so its about 7+yrs down 5 already, its been hard on me being with someone so close but so far away, i have gone to see him twice and its been really hard on me knowing that i am leaving him behind. we have gone thru the same things we all go thru: letters,visits,pics,expensive calls, and lonely nights. All i want is to be his support and try to make things more easier for him in there. i know that's there is so much i can do but life out here is stressful enough and i don't want to worried him. so i would luv some feed back on others experiences on how i can become a great support for this 25yr old male in EOCI. thx
Hey girl! My man is also at EOCI, he got transfered there at the end of February. I know exactly what you mean about leaving him behind. I live 7 hours away and when I leave, the tears dont stop...but love makes you do crazy things and it also breaks down walls and builds bridges we didnt even know were possible. You have come so far girl...keep your head up and stay strong, he loves you and needs you. ***HUGS***
Faithfully Waiting Club Member #153
Anywhere But Here Club Member #11
Missing My Soulmate Club Member #69
Old 09-26-2006, 07:34 PM
Its just me

HUSH......

Hello and welcome to PTO, we are so happy you decided to join us. This is a great place for understanding and support.