Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > IOWA Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

IOWA Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions Topics and conversations dealing with the State of Iowa - Department of Corrections, Criminal Justice System, Prisoner & Family Support, News & Information, visitation, mail, etc.

Old 03-01-2004, 08:35 PM

Lightbulb

HEY YA'LL----MY MAN WAS IN ROCKWELL CITY. NOTICE I SAID WAS! NOW HE IS RESIDING IN MISSISSIPPI. WHEN I FIRST MET HIM 10 YRS AGO, HE WAS IN ANAMOSA, THEN WENT TO MT PLEASANT, THEN LAST STOP TO ROCKWELL. HE HAS BEEN OUT SINCE JULY 2003-----DOING VERY WELL.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2004, 02:10 PM
Closed

My boyfriend just got to Oakdale he will be moved in a couple months. How come they cant have visitors there? Do they send them to the nearest place that has room, how does that work. And where in Iowa are all the prisons. I know of Ft Maddison. Could someone send me a private message with a list ?
Old 03-13-2004, 12:04 AM

hey guys, my guy is home......but, you need to watch out for the sad times cause they will hit all of a sudden...even tho my man was only gone for just a little over one year, things do change...big tme...my guy has achute pancreatitis and they did not treat him while he was incarcerated...therefore, i guess i have to put up with all their mistakes...so, even tho i am so glad he is home with me, i am usually lonely and upset every day...he is on pain killers, which makes him not the man i knew so long ago, thanks to incarceration...it sure gets lonely out here anyway, i am back on line and hope some one remembers me.....oopps,guys, he is up now...i am going to show him the PTO forum...talk to ya all later...chow
Old 03-13-2004, 12:20 AM

Alexis

you sound about as scared as as i was about a little over a year ago...what was your boyfriend put in for?...if you can tell me that, i may be able to tell you some infor...
Old 03-14-2004, 01:10 PM
Closed

Question Anyone on line from Iowa?

Is there anyone on line right now from Iowa? My b/f is in Oakdale, and how do they decide where to take them after oakdale? And what do they do all day there? he has only been there for a little over a week, and I have only received on letter, since they only get 2 a week. And do you know if they hold there mail? And when do the inmates know or how do they know when someone sends them money, do they tell them right away? sorry for all the questions, i have never been through this before. He sent me a sheet with the info on it. do they get mad if you call and ask questions like this. I mean the Administrators?
Old 03-14-2004, 05:05 PM
Missing My "Dudie"

Hi Alexis~ This is Heather from Iowa. It wasnt all that long ago I went thru the oakdale bit myself. Did you get your questions answered? I pmed you already but you didnt respond. I am on pto quite a bit, so if ya need more help, pm me anytime. Also have you checked Oakdale's rules out? There is a number there u can call with questions, and no generally they dont get mad, I just wouldnt want to keep them on the phone real long ya know.
Let me know if ya need me. Nice to meet you BTW~Good luck,
Heather
Old 03-14-2004, 06:39 PM

My dad is in Yankton Federal Prison Camp in South Dakota, thats the closest they could get him to us here in denison ia.
Old 03-15-2004, 07:46 PM
Justins Baby Girl

My man is in Fort Dodge!
My brother was in Fort Dodge, Anamosa, Oakdale (of course), Mt. Pleasant. and I don't remember where else. So i know abit about most prisons and from my accounts I believe Fort Dodge is the best one if there is one
Old 03-17-2004, 10:46 AM
Closed

Thanks everyone, for your responce, Billy will be in IMCC for another month or 2. Still not sure where they are sending him. Last week was so hard no letters. But they sent me all his stuff yesterday, my cats even miss him, they have been sleeping on his coat since I took out of the box, and me of course with his shirt. He sent me 2 letters in one day, which boosted me up enormously he wrote bdoth front and back on both letters!! (Not like him lol) And said something so special, that he's glad Im sticking with him, and that he loves me from the bottom of his heart, I have never heard him talk like that before! He has a decente cell mate which Im glad! And my baby is bald lol. I wish I could see him bald!! What have you done for your man in prison, his birthday is the 29th of this month, Im going to send money of course but did you do anything else, since I cant go see him. I think he's in general not sure about visitations. And can the have pics sent to them in IMCC? Again thanks for your help and your responses greatly appreciated, and feel free to add me to your buddy list.
Old 03-24-2004, 08:17 PM

Hi everyone... My boyfriend was just sentenced to Fort Madison. I don't know much about the place being I am not from Iowa. This really sucks being so far away from him.. Him being in Iowa and me in Florida. I haven't heard from him yet but it has only been a couple days.
Old 03-31-2004, 01:20 AM

Default Iowa

Is there someone actually in charge of the Iowa forum? If so, who is it?

Buddy
Old 04-28-2004, 10:18 PM

My husband is in Clarinda - I moved to California before he got arrested - I knew with his drug problem he was either going to jail or die from his drug use. Glad for jail - it has saved his life and is slowly bringing him back. I only can get back to see him ever 2 months and he has 3 years left. Is Clarinda a Federal prison and does anyone know if there is such a thing as conjugal visits. I'm new to all of this - my husbands mood changes all the time - he can be so thoughtful sometimes on the phone or in his letters and then it is like - he is back on drugs and an ass. He has been of the drugs (meth) now for 8 months (as long as he has been in jail). Thanks
Old 04-29-2004, 02:16 AM
Missing My "Dudie"

Hi chucks wife~ Glad you told us a bit more about yourself. Just thought Id answer a few questions for you. No Clarinida is not a federal prison. Its a state prison, I dont believe Iowa even has Federal prisons. And no, we all wish we could have conjugal visits (hell I just want a visit LOL), but nope Iowa dont have conjugal visits either. I know bummer huh?
Hope this helps, come and post lots, we are all here for you.
Hugs~Heather
Old 04-29-2004, 10:46 AM

Hi, in reply to chucks wife, my dad was in Clarinda and he said it was the worst state prison that he had been to, and hes been to quite a few! I thought that Fort Dodge was a federal prison but i could be wrong. If there is Anything else you want to know just ask, and they dont have conjugal visits.
Old 05-01-2004, 04:13 PM

My dad is in Fort Madison & I have a uncle in Anaomsa.
Old 05-06-2004, 12:17 AM

My husband john is in imcc right now but i know he is to go to ft. dodge for the rivers program soon, have not heard from him yet ..if anyone knows about that program please let me know..thanks
Old 05-06-2004, 07:17 AM
A Child Blessed

Hi blueyez!

Welcome to PTO. I don't know about the program you have questions about, but I'm sure if you post a new thread in the Iowa forum Heather (Binky's Gal) can help you, as well as some other nice people.

Surf around and enjoy yourself...let us know what we can do!

<script language="JavaScript" src="http://webapps.nerdsonsite.com/utility/countdown.cgi?year=2004&month=1&day=13&offset=-1"></script> days before Aaron comes home! Eek! To God be the glory forever!
Old 05-09-2004, 01:18 AM
Account Closed

Hi I just joined up, I'm actually living in Washington but my boyfriend is in Fort Madison
Old 05-15-2004, 04:29 PM

My husband is in Anamosa but we are hoping he can be sent to Ft Dodge soon, since, naturally, they sent him to the place the farthest away from me. I only get to visit once a month, it takes an overnight trip, motel bill, money to kennel the dogs, three hours in the car after working 8 hours (graveyard shift) and then his counselor wants to know "why did they send you here?" Yet they "encourage visits". Then put his CLOSER. Anybody know what I mean? By the way, I'm Jan and I live in NW Iowa
Old 05-15-2004, 11:35 PM
Missing My "Dudie"

Hi Jan Welcome to Pto and the Iowa forum. My BF is also in Anamosa. Glad you joined us. Anamosa is the closest to me, and it was requsted to be there for that reason. I hope you can get your hubby closer. Good luck!!
How long does he have yet?
Hugs~Heather
Old 05-17-2004, 07:30 AM
A Child Blessed

Hi Jan!
Welcome to PTO! I do know what you mean about the driving and the money! I hope you find lots of sympathetic ears, hilarious laugh-starters and companionship here! Surf around--and don't forget to check out the Iowa PTO get-together thread...you're invited!

Lam422

<script language="JavaScript" src="http://webapps.nerdsonsite.com/utility/countdown.cgi?year=2004&month=1&day=13&offset=-1"></script> days before Aaron comes home! Eek! To God be the glory forever!
Old 06-04-2004, 09:47 AM

My Guy is at Mt. Pleasant.
Old 06-04-2004, 09:57 AM
A Child Blessed

Hi Fred's Gal! Welcome to PTO and the Iowa forum. Make sure to check out the info. on the Iowa PTO get-together...YOU are invited! Make yourself at home here and drop a line whenever you need anything.

Lam422

Old 06-04-2004, 03:46 PM

Thanks!! I'm sure I will need something before this is all over!!! His dad was here today!!! He came to pick up one of his cars that has been sitting in our yard for 2 years!! At least this time he was not yelling at me for money that my guy owes him!!! Later!!
Old 06-07-2004, 04:29 PM

Default He's in Anamosa

My husband is in Anamosa, doing a two and half year mandatory on a ten year sentence. Anamosa is a five hour drive one way for me, why they put him so far away, no one can explain. It's like it's a(nother) test. They say they "encourage visits from family and friends" then they make it as difficult at possible to make the visits work. Anyway, hopefully they can transfer him in September to Fort Dodge which is only an hour an a half away. He was arrested on December 24, 2003 so we still have two to five to go. This is his second number, I met, fell in love with and married him when he was in the first time. Ladies ~ STAND BY YOUR MAN!