Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OREGON > Oregon General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oregon General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Oregon that do not fit into any other Oregon sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 07:14 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,719 Times in 3,037 Posts
Default Chit chat thread - 2015

This thread is for chit chat and general discussions that do not involve the topic of prisons. It's a place for us to discuss the other parts of our lives aside from prison.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2016, 07:23 AM
Super Moderator

Donation Award 

I'll go first: My mom is not doing as well as I had thought. She had cataract surgery recently, and as a result of extreme concern by the anesthesiologist, I've now found out that:

- she has uncontrolled high blood pressure, despite being on 5 different blood pressure meds;
- she is diabetic; and
- she has heart problems.

She may also have sleep apnea, but I won't find that out until April when I take her to the sleep disorder clinic.

As a result of this, I also found out that her cognitive functioning has declined further. She couldn't remember to change her dosing on her meds, she couldn't figure out her blood sugar meter (and honestly, I got her the simplest one they had on the market - it doesn't even have an on/off switch, it turns on when you put the strip in it and turns off when you take the strip out). She couldn't remember where we were going (good thing I was driving!). This is the first time I've witnessed this level of confusion in her.

I *think* she's still okay living independently for now. I check her meds and pay her bills and go over every Saturday morning to make sure she's doing okay. I'm dreading the day that I have to put her in assisted care, but I'm thinking that day is coming sooner that I'd originally thought.
Old 02-11-2016, 06:39 PM
Super Moderator

Donation Award 

The last of the occupiers of the Malheur wildlife refuge surrendered today around 11am. He required, as part of the conditions of his surrender, that everyone shout "Hallelujah!" when he turned himself over.

I know I was very glad to see the end of this, and see it be a non-violent end. Hallelujah!
Old 04-07-2016, 07:05 PM
My ❤ is in Cali Moderator

Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 

Donation Award 

Hi everyone!!

Just wondering if anyone has had an experience (good or bad) with an Oregon attorney regarding auto accident injuries? If so, please feel free to PM me!

Thanks!
CDCr kicked him out of the SHU, YAY!!!
Old 04-08-2016, 05:30 AM
Super Moderator

Donation Award 

I don't have any experience, SammysGirl, but I'm sorry to hear you're in the market for one. That doesn't sound good at all
The Following User Says Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
Sammy's Girl (04-11-2016)
Old 04-10-2016, 03:22 AM

We would need a good lawyer in that field too or even better one who has experience in appeals too.
Old 04-11-2016, 09:14 PM
My ❤ is in Cali Moderator

Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 

Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerM View Post
I don't have any experience, SammysGirl, but I'm sorry to hear you're in the market for one. That doesn't sound good at all
Yes, 26 broken bones later (this happened on my way to the airport to fly to TX after my visit with my guy last fall.) Going to OHSU in the next couple weeks to have a consult about repairing some of the 8 facial fractures that healed wrong. Hazard of airbags...

Was in a tiny 2-seat Mazda Miata, and long story but put the engine through the dash. I am thankful for every morning I am gifted to wake. Although I was informed yesterday by one of the attorney's I have been interviewing that the lawsuit has to be filed in either the county where the accident happened (I don't really want to go there) or where the other driver lives which is even a further drive.

Really hoping that whatever attorney I choose... they will be willing to settle out of court on this so at least I can cover my uninsured medical bills for the first 2 1/2 weeks (out of 5) that I was in the hospital.
CDCr kicked him out of the SHU, YAY!!!
Old 04-12-2016, 05:38 AM
Super Moderator

Donation Award 

Oh ouch! (both physically and financially) Yeah, you are very very lucky to wake up each morning!

I'm sorry to hear this. Life seems to have a way of throwing one thing after another at us, doesn't it?
Old 10-22-2016, 10:53 PM
IdleNoMore

My pet chinchilla, Habeby finally has been tamed enough to jump in my laps!

Old 10-23-2016, 07:22 AM
Super Moderator

Donation Award 

Oooh, that's cool! One of my parrots likes to play with me. The other one thinks I'm the spawn of satan and should be eliminated as soon as she can get to me!
Old 11-06-2016, 03:42 AM
IdleNoMore

I got 2 new pets. Tiny baby tarantulas! I shared pics in my Facebook. Hahah, PTO has changed so much since then that I need to navigate again to see how to add photos in threads, replies, etc.

Old 11-06-2016, 05:44 AM
Super Moderator

Donation Award 

TWO baby tarantulas? I've always been amazed by people who could keep their tarantulas in good condition - they're not easy to keep as pets (well, not in good health and giving them decently long lifespans).

Have you named them yet?
Closed Thread