Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW JERSEY > New Jersey Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New Jersey Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of New Jersey, including lockdowns.

Old 11-24-2011, 09:48 AM

Default Classification @ CRAf

-My son was just sent to CRAf on Tues am (11/22) and i'm wondering how they will determine what home prison he will be sent to. How does the classification point system work? This is his first time and i'm scared for his safety--also-doesn anyone know how long he could be at CRAf. today is Thanksgiving and I'm sad cause my son is not with us and I cannot contact him or even know he is ok. thanks all--
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2011, 06:04 PM

They determine where he will be placed based on several factors, including age, severity of crime, any gang affiliations, length of sentence, marital status, etc. (Everything either gives or takes away points. The number of points he ends up with determines whether he is min - med - max. I honestly don't know how they pick from that point.)

My husband was in CRAF a couple weeks ago and was only there for 3 or 4 days. (So there is a chance he'll only be there for a week. Of course, he could be there for 3 or 4 weeks, you never can tell with NJDOC.)

Watch the NJDOC website - that's how I knew when my husband was moved.

I'm sorry your son wasn't home with you, but you are posting where we all understand! Good luck!
Old 11-25-2011, 04:29 PM

thanks for answering my questions and understanding what i'm going thru...
i heard at craf they are on lockdown 23hr and out for 1..is this true?
how is the food there?
Old 11-25-2011, 08:33 PM

I honestly don't know. My husband didn't complain about the food, but that doesn't mean a lot at this point! :-) Since he was there so briefly, he was busy going through all the stuff - seeing the nurse, answering all the questions, etc and didn't spend tons of time locked down. (He was locked-down 21+ hours/day at county, so any time out is a good thing!)
Sorry I couldn't help you on these questions - hopefully someone else will be able to!
Don't know if you'll find it helpful or not, but one thing that really helped me stay connected to my husband is writing letters. I don't know that I'd send it while he was in CRAF, but maybe writing a little to your son each day and mailing it once a week will help. That way you feel like he is being included in things and it gives him at least one letter a week to look forward to!