Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Domestic Violence
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Domestic Violence News and information relating to domestic violence in general. Please post here if you don't see a sub-forums that fits better.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-20-2015, 05:04 AM

Question The abuser's family, your family

How did your abuser's family respond or not respond during or after your individual and overall abusive situation(s)? How about your own family? How do you feel in regard to any of those people now from your current state of perception on things? Are there feelings of betrayal or maybe do you feel understanding of their not wanting to get involved (if they didn't)? Are you grateful to any of them for anything they did or didn't do in relation to the abuse? Do you think any of them deserve to be assessed any degree of blame? If your abuser was a person in your family such as a parent or sibling, does that change anything in regard to the question?

I have a lot of thoughts and feelings about the subject for myself, some of them conflicting. I bet a lot of the family members and unrelated onlookers have conflicting emotions, too. I'll be really interested to read what any of you have to say about it, coming from your own perspective. TIA for sharing, if you can spare the time!
The Following User Says Thank You to Aphra For This Useful Post:
frostwoman1954 (11-20-2015)
Sponsored Links