Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Prisons & Jails > Florida - Region 1 Facilities
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida - Region 1 Facilities Discussion and information for the following facilities: Apalachee-E CI, Apalachee-W CI, Bay CF, Blackwater River CF, Calhoun CI, Century CI, Franklin CI, Gadsden CF, Gadsden Re-Entry Center, Graceville CF, Gulf CI, Gulf CI-Annex, Holmes CI Jackson CI Jefferson CI Liberty CI NWFRC NWFRC Annex Okaloosa CI Quincy Annex Santa Rosa CI Santa Rosa Annex Wakulla CI Wakulla CI Annex Walton CI

Old 02-10-2010, 12:16 AM
Lovin my man..

hopefully i can visit this weekend, i heard its very racist, lets hope not. im going to gulf ci though, not the annex. i hope everything goes well.
1 John 3:18 Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue, but with actions and in truth.

Even if a million miles seperated us, it wouldnt stop me from loving you ♥
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2010, 11:29 AM
Lauren and Starboy

I have been up there twice since jan 2010 with my daughter. I am caucasian (jewish)and her dad is thai and black, there were ALOT of inter-racial families not only at vizo but in the town. I am from broward county so my 1st concern was the racial issue. We did not have one problem. Last time I went was March 6 & 7 2010 it was my mans bday 3/7 we made a cake out of honey buns, ice cream sandwhichs, skittles, m&ms and straws for candles. the co's aloud us to take a picture with the cake we made for his bday. it was very special for us. the only problem we had was sitting in the grass outside watching the kids play. (it was too cold to sit under the pavillion) my man's brother was is hamilton-annex and had to pull crazy stunt to get transfrd. he is now in mayo and has no complaints. as far as my man he said on the inside the black co's are more racist then anyone there. and he only wants to transfer to be closer to us in south florida....he said for what it is and the situation he is in GULF ANNEX is pretty laid back....
Old 07-15-2012, 10:31 AM
keish2012

Thumbs down

My boyfriend in there he's been in since 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by cahensley38 View Post
I would like to get in touch with people who have family or friends at Gulf Correctional in Wewahitchka, Fl. You can write me on here or at ***Removed per PTO Policy***Thanks!!
Old 07-15-2012, 05:52 PM
GOTTISGURL

Quote:
Originally Posted by keish2012
My boyfriend in there he's been in since 2009
My husband is at gulf forestry camp is this the same place?
Old 07-20-2012, 05:57 PM

my husband has been in Gulf CI 4 over a yr, hes been at both the annex n at the forestry camp. but hes always n seg since Jan he jst got out n now his custody level has changed to close. he said the guards are very hard on him n since he got n trouble the first time they r after him. good luck
Old 07-20-2012, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmccomas View Post
my husband has been in Gulf CI 4 over a yr, hes been at both the annex n at the forestry camp. but hes always n seg since Jan he jst got out n now his custody level has changed to close. he said the guards are very hard on him n since he got n trouble the first time they r after him. good luck
I agree with you...my boyfriend was at the Annex first and they transferred him to the Main unit He's been at the gulf for the past 4 yrs now and it was ok for the most part because prison is prison after all...recently however [last month] he's wrote me about the guards mistreating the inmates and throwing the inmates behind the wall for small things...i get worried when he doesn't call or when it takes longer then usual to recieve a letter because if something happens to the inmates its not like the guards will notify anyone...good luck to you and your loved one...im praying for them all
Old 07-22-2012, 10:09 PM

"My husband is at gulf forestry camp is this the same place?"

No, though I understand it's administered by Gulf CI. Forestry camp is about 25 miles south of Gulf CI.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:19 PM

My hubby is at the Annex. He hasn't called in the past 2 days and he calls EVERY night. I am concerned, but they say he's in open population. I'll call C.O tomorrow. He just got his work assignment so I'm wondering if that has something to do with it. Anyone at Annex? Heared from you man Wednesday or Thursday of this week? Just checking... maybe the phones are out?
Old 08-24-2012, 04:35 PM

my husband is there and I live in Melbourne so i havent been able to see him since hes been in. hes been there since Feb 2011.
Old 09-15-2016, 11:11 AM
Account Closed

My fiancée is there and I am going to see him from SF in two weeks! Have not seen him since May of this year when I had video visitation here in PBC
Old 09-23-2016, 04:09 PM
Account Closed

I hadn't heard from him and suppose to go visit from WPB FL I got worried and I called and spoke to his co and he tells me I can't go see him, he is being investigated in confinement. I think something fishy is going on but they won't tell me anything, I guess they aren't suppose to. It's odd they knew I was planning on going up there since I had called and told them previously and now, this. He is in his 50s he has health issues which they won't take care of. I just can't see him doing something when he knew I was going all the way from SF
I don't like that place at all. The people though are very polite when I call but that does not mean anything. I have a bad feeling.

Last edited by HisTinkerBelle; 09-23-2016 at 04:13 PM..
Old 10-13-2016, 06:23 PM

Ive been several times also from wpb. Its not bad at visits. Its not a good place though. Nothing there is good. You can stay at snowbird motel or airport motel both people who run them r nice and considerate to us who r visiting gulf. Airport motel is in same time zone. Snowbird is 5 miles away from airport but in eastern timezone. Both r in blountstown. Easy to get in just bring id and up to 50$ limit the metal in clothes but i never had a problem. Ms G is the bomb!!! The rest r whatever lol
Old 10-22-2016, 07:11 AM

Anyone come through or from Polk County/Lakeland/Auburndale going to Gulf CI? I am interested in riding along, I do not have a car and live in Auburndale and he was recently sentenced to 5 yrs. When I saw he had been placed so far away, I just cried and cried. I started wondering if anyone is afraid to go alone or just doesn't care to ride by themselves for whatever reason or needs to split cost of ride, etc. I need to see my honey!
Old 05-04-2017, 08:45 PM

Default Hi my best friend just got to Gulf a few days ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisTinkerBelle View Post
I hadn't heard from him and suppose to go visit from WPB FL I got worried and I called and spoke to his co and he tells me I can't go see him, he is being investigated in confinement. I think something fishy is going on but they won't tell me anything, I guess they aren't suppose to. It's odd they knew I was planning on going up there since I had called and told them previously and now, this. He is in his 50s he has health issues which they won't take care of. I just can't see him doing something when he knew I was going all the way from SF
I don't like that place at all. The people though are very polite when I call but that does not mean anything. I have a bad feeling.

I would love to talk to anyone who has a loved one in gulf right now as of May 4th 2017, my best friend just got there he hasn't ever been to prison before and would love yo speak with anyone who has a loved one at gulf hes in the annex right now. I haven't got a phone call from him and I'm worried about him, please if anyone can get back to me or email me (Removed per policy) thank you to anyone who can help, I'm in Jacksonville area, st. Augustine to be specific.

Last edited by patchouli; 05-04-2017 at 08:49 PM.. Reason: removed email address
Old 05-04-2017, 08:51 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 29,500 Times in 13,744 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rue_glock View Post
I would love to talk to anyone who has a loved one in gulf right now as of May 4th 2017, my best friend just got there he hasn't ever been to prison before and would love yo speak with anyone who has a loved one at gulf hes in the annex right now. I haven't got a phone call from him and I'm worried about him, please if anyone can get back to me or email me (Removed per policy) thank you to anyone who can help, I'm in Jacksonville area, st. Augustine to be specific.
If he just got there today, its gonna be a while before you hear from him. As I understand it, Florida inmates have to have an approved call list. You'll have to set your phone up....See the Florida sub-forum for Phones, Visits & Mail HERE.

However, I'm sure he'd love to get a letter!! Its never too early to write

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
Anjewel (05-11-2017)
Old 05-24-2017, 02:30 AM

Default Hi my best friend just got to Gulf a few days ago

I still haven't heard from my friend it's been like over 3 weeks and I haven't heard a word, I know gulf can be rough and they don't give you anything. It seems like a lot of fish things are going on, is he in the Annex? Or main unit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisTinkerBelle View Post
I hadn't heard from him

and suppose to go visit from WPB FL I got worried and I called and spoke to his co and he tells me I can't go see him, he is being investigated in confinement. I think something fishy is going on but they won't tell me anything, I guess they aren't suppose to. It's odd they knew I was planning on going up there since I had called and told them previously and now, this. He is in his 50s he has health issues which they won't take care of. I just can't see him doing something when he knew I was going all the way from SF

I would love to talk to anyone who has a loved one in gulf right now as of May 4th 2017, my best friend just got there he hasn't ever been to prison before and would love yo speak with anyone who has a loved one at gulf hes in the annex right now. I haven't got a phone call from him and I'm worried about him, please if anyone can get back to me or email me ***Removed due to PTO policy*** thank you to anyone who can help, I'm in Jacksonville area, st. Augustine to be specific.

Last edited by Anjewel; 06-05-2017 at 10:30 PM.. Reason: Removed email address
Old 05-24-2017, 02:40 AM

I agree with you, it's not ever too early for a letter lol, but I already have done that, hes been about a month, I got in contact with his officer and have got my number approved, he called me every single day before he got to Gulf, my brother was in prison in Florida from 2010-2013, and a lot has changed but I haven't ever not heard from him like this, can't get any info, absolutely nothing. It's worrisome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
If he just got there today, its gonna be a while before you hear from him. As I understand it, Florida inmates have to have an approved call list. You'll have to set your phone up....See the Florida sub-forum for Phones, Visits & prisontal/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=747"

However, I'm sure he'd love to get a letter!! Its never too early to write

Last edited by Rue_glock; 05-24-2017 at 02:44 AM.. Reason: Grammar correction
Old 06-05-2017, 10:34 PM
Sun Dried Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 2,755 Times in 1,332 Posts

Have you heard yet?

If you haven't call them and ask if he's in confinement.

Also, send him some paper, envelopes and stamps. You never know, he could have 'lost' his, especially if he is new.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - J Krishnamurti

'Why' must almost always override 'how'. - Anjewel
Old 06-30-2017, 06:14 PM

My son is at Gulf CI Annex
Old 09-02-2017, 02:59 AM

Default gulf ci - annex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rue_glock View Post
I agree with you, it's not ever too early for a letter lol, but I already have done that, hes been about a month, I got in contact with his officer and have got my number approved, he called me every single day before he got to Gulf, my brother was in prison in Florida from 2010-2013, and a lot has changed but I haven't ever not heard from him like this, can't get any info, absolutely nothing. It's worrisome.
I live in Lakeland, my man is at Gulf Annex for one year now. He has been in prison several times, never that far north. I am interested in riding with someone maybe once a month. Anyone willing to pick me up in lakeland? I am willing to share the cost.
Old 09-30-2017, 08:47 PM

Hi. My boyfriend is at Gulf CI in the main unit. I live about 4 hours away.
Old 09-30-2017, 08:52 PM

I'm hoping to be able to visit him every weekend. I live 4 hours away in the Ocala area. I would love to carpool with someone. I can get lost in a paper bag, but I'm certainly willing to drive there.
I'm really worried about my boyfriend. He's in confinement now and it seems like he has been treated roughly. I'm not sure if what to do or even if I can do anything. I don't want to make things worse for him.
I just want to be able to bring him at least some happiness in there. I write him almost daily. I just feel so helpless right now.
Old 10-14-2017, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnup28 View Post
I live in Lakeland, my man is at Gulf Annex for one year now. He has been in prison several times, never that far north. I am interested in riding with someone maybe once a month. Anyone willing to pick me up in lakeland? I am willing to share the cost.
I may be able to bring you. I'm going there from Williston. It's a 4 hour drive, but so worth it.