Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Prisons & Jails > Florida - Region 3 Facilities > Region III Work Release Centers
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Region III Work Release Centers Information and Discussion for the following facilities: Atlantic WRC, Bartow WRC, Bradenton Transition Center, Bridges of Orlando WRC,Bridges of Pompano - Turning Point WRC, Cocoa WRC, Ft. Pierce WRC, Hollywood WRC, Kissimmee WRC, Largo Residential Re-Entry Center, Miami North WRC, Opa Locka WRC, Orlando Transition Center, Orlando WRC, Pinellas WRC, Pompano Transit Center, St. Petersburg WRC, Suncoast WRC, Tarpon Springs WRC, The Transition House, West Palm Beach WRC

Old 02-11-2012, 02:54 PM
Im here for you xoxxxox

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbella76 View Post
does anyone know if there is a website for the st petersburg work release center? my fiance is being transferred there and he is actually on his way, coming from defuniak springs. im trying to see pictures of this place and get info on it.. any information will be grateful.. thanks...
The easiest thing i could tell you is to simply go there its easy to find in saint pete and its a nice place ive looked at it for a friend of mine as well
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2012, 10:09 AM
~*~Missing My Love~*~

Thanks but i actually went there yesterday which was sat. feb 25th and got to see my fiance after not seeing him for over a year. its a nice place and i was so happy seeing him and being able to hold his hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lingin26 View Post
The easiest thing i could tell you is to simply go there its easy to find in saint pete and its a nice place ive looked at it for a friend of mine as well

Yay so happy my man is Home...

Old 05-09-2012, 12:15 PM
Waiting for Alan!!

Default does anyone have info on st. Pete wrc

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about this center? Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Sent from my PG86100 using PrisonTalk

Old 05-09-2012, 01:04 PM
Waiting for Alan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbella76
Thanks but i actually went there yesterday which was sat. feb 25th and got to see my fiance after not seeing him for over a year. its a nice place and i was so happy seeing him and being able to hold his hand.
Glad to hear something good about this center, I was getting worried. Thank u

Sent from my PG86100 using PrisonTalk

Old 09-19-2015, 11:21 AM

My husband has been there for 2 months already. As long as they follow the rules they won't have any problems. My husband says he feels like he's "free"; not the same as if he was home but definitely not like being in prison. He works so he spends most of the day out of the center. He should be getting his furlough in the next couple of weeks so we are looking forward to that. But even during visitation we have our own space. The CO's are not constantly harrasing u or looking to see if u accidentally touched he's knee or if u sat too close together LOL And the part that he loves the most is the home cooked meals!!!! Finally eating real food and sometimes even junk food LOL we talk all date/night when he's not busy at home and it feels great to just be able to grab the phone and talk to him when I need to instead of hacina to wait for him to call/have $ on the phone or even squeeze everything into the 15 mins that we used to get. So excited that he's almost home!!!!

Last edited by Jalyz28; 09-19-2015 at 11:24 AM..
Old 01-08-2017, 06:26 PM

Does anyone have any updated information on the st petersburg wrc> I've been trying to find a work release center close to port charlotte and this is the closest I could find. They don't make it easy for families to find information on them. Thank you
Old 06-07-2017, 01:55 PM
Nana

Smile was at St Pete WRC this past weekend

A family member was transferred here last week. We had waited 8 months, and they came & woke him up at 3 am to pack up for transport. They wouldn't even tell him where he was going! Happily, he ended up at St.Pete WRC. A few hours after he arrived, after orientation, he called me from a roommates cell phone. (2 other roommates with him) He had a big list of what I needed to bring to him, including his own cell phone (NO SMART PHONES ALLOWED). He is still in shock, as it is a completely different lifestyle than he was accustomed. Settling in does take time, but happily, he has his own cell phone, so he can call whenever he wants. The things that need to be provided are basic. Clothes, underwear, t-shirts, dress shirts, pants (both work & interview) socks, shoes, bed linens, towels, personal items like soap, shampoo, razors, toothbrush & toothpaste. If you are waiting for a transfer like this, then start saving your money. It is a one time luxury! However, it is expensive! The cell phone should be set up already, monthly payments require a credit card.
He is working in the center until his 90 days are up, then he is allowed to find outside employment. I don't know all the details, he just arrived. The nice thing was that we got visitation on the weekend. The process is just like State facilities, but you can bring food! So happy! He finally got a good meal, and we got to enjoy with him! There is a limit what you can bring for example, you can go to McDonald's and buy a combo meal, or any type of meal from a restaurant. You can also bring food in Tupperware containers. They are vigilant about checking the food out for obvious reasons. The place seems really nice, the people are decent human beings, and they did everything they could to assist us. I have no complaints. I am just so happy to have him close to home, and now he can start the process of joining the real world again. This place has 1 simple rule, FOLLOW THE RULES OR LEAVE! I like that!
Old 06-07-2017, 03:42 PM

The cell phones that they can have at work release, can they be a pre-paid phone like straight talk or does it have to be a contract phone?
Old 06-08-2017, 11:50 AM
Sun Dried Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 2,755 Times in 1,332 Posts

Wow! That's awesome. Please keep us updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pd98092 View Post
A family member was transferred here last week. We had waited 8 months, and they came & woke him up at 3 am to pack up for transport. They wouldn't even tell him where he was going! Happily, he ended up at St.Pete WRC. A few hours after he arrived, after orientation, he called me from a roommates cell phone. (2 other roommates with him) He had a big list of what I needed to bring to him, including his own cell phone (NO SMART PHONES ALLOWED). He is still in shock, as it is a completely different lifestyle than he was accustomed. Settling in does take time, but happily, he has his own cell phone, so he can call whenever he wants. The things that need to be provided are basic. Clothes, underwear, t-shirts, dress shirts, pants (both work & interview) socks, shoes, bed linens, towels, personal items like soap, shampoo, razors, toothbrush & toothpaste. If you are waiting for a transfer like this, then start saving your money. It is a one time luxury! However, it is expensive! The cell phone should be set up already, monthly payments require a credit card.
He is working in the center until his 90 days are up, then he is allowed to find outside employment. I don't know all the details, he just arrived. The nice thing was that we got visitation on the weekend. The process is just like State facilities, but you can bring food! So happy! He finally got a good meal, and we got to enjoy with him! There is a limit what you can bring for example, you can go to McDonald's and buy a combo meal, or any type of meal from a restaurant. You can also bring food in Tupperware containers. They are vigilant about checking the food out for obvious reasons. The place seems really nice, the people are decent human beings, and they did everything they could to assist us. I have no complaints. I am just so happy to have him close to home, and now he can start the process of joining the real world again. This place has 1 simple rule, FOLLOW THE RULES OR LEAVE! I like that!

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - J Krishnamurti

'Why' must almost always override 'how'. - Anjewel
Old 06-08-2017, 07:00 PM

Default Cell Phones for work release

When my loved one has put in his application to get moved to St Pet work release. I was going to start getting stuff together now.The cell phones that they can have at work release, can they be a pre-paid phone like straight talk or does it have to be a contract phone?
Old 06-12-2017, 09:42 PM
Sun Dried Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindamg View Post
When my loved one has put in his application to get moved to St Pet work release. I was going to start getting stuff together now.The cell phones that they can have at work release, can they be a pre-paid phone like straight talk or does it have to be a contract phone?
You might want to call about that one. I'm not sure.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - J Krishnamurti

Old 07-22-2017, 06:42 PM

Does anyone have a loved one at St. Pete work release center now? I'm hearing some different stories about what they can/can't have with them. I just want to get the right things before he gets there.
Old 07-25-2017, 07:24 PM
Sun Dried Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindamg View Post
Does anyone have a loved one at St. Pete work release center now? I'm hearing some different stories about what they can/can't have with them. I just want to get the right things before he gets there.
I'd call the Work release center. The only constant is change and it changes daily.

The Following User Says Thank You to Anjewel For This Useful Post:
lindamg (07-25-2017)