Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Coming Home
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Coming Home Dedicated to discussions about our loved ones that are coming home soon. Discussions here should not fit any other category.

Old 12-20-2017, 07:24 PM

Default He’s been home 6 days!!

After 6 months away, my hubby has been home 6 days! I really was expecting life to gradually go back to normal as we have been together over 26 yrs and he was only gone 6 months.....but there is definitely an adjustment.

Everything is good and I am so happy he is here but.... I was not expecting to have gotten so used to being alone. He is on home confinement which basically equates to having access to the house and can go to the mailbox. Our home is big enough that we can each be in our own space when needed...Thank You, Lord!

He has never been one to just hang around the house—he was always busy in the yard or out on his tractor. Now, he is under my feet! I turn around and bump into him! I am not saying it is a bad thing at all....just sort of unexpected. I am feeling sort of anxious. I know things will adjust and I am very happy to have him home in time for Christmas!

We were so ready and prepared for the departure....never realizing he would return amidst the craziness of the holidays and getting ready for the kids to come home nor that he would actually be confined to the house rather than the perimeter of the property. My son’s birthday(23rd), Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day all has to be done here at the house if we want to be with extended family. My anxiety level is through the roof!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsDeeKay For This Useful Post:
bmoreicon (01-04-2018), missingdee (12-20-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2017, 07:39 PM

Thanked 5,698 Times in 2,986 Posts

I know the feeling it can be very hard on a couple when one is on house arrest. My X did that and believe me I couldn't stand having him home 24-7 we were kind of lucky as he could actually go to the store around the corner the signal range was a good distance. Otherwise I believe we would have killed each other!!!LOL But he was able to go to the gym, church, doctors, shopping, and various other stuff as long as he put this on his schedule.
The Following User Says Thank You to xolady For This Useful Post:
MrsDeeKay (12-20-2017)
Old 12-20-2017, 07:47 PM
She's Home! Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 4,709 Times in 1,877 Posts

Congratulations on his homecoming! Just in time for the holdiays.....hopefully the chaos that brings won’t be overwhelming. When Dee got out a week before Christmas last year it definitely evoked emotions both good and bad.

Since it has been about a year for us.....even though it was a shorter time, definitely expect the adaptation to go through a few different phases. Hopefully it will all be smooth overall.

Keep us posted!

-E
The Colorblind Moderator (I'm not even going to try to use green down here, I'll embarass myself! LOL!) Currently assisting in all forums and actively monitoring Wives and Girlfriends in Prison and the California forums.

#ByeCDCR #TimesUp #HomeForChristmas
The Following User Says Thank You to missingdee For This Useful Post:
MrsDeeKay (12-20-2017)
Old 12-20-2017, 08:56 PM

Thank you. I am hoping that as time goes on we will get into the swing of things. He just met with probation officer on Monday morning then Monday afternoon he came out and set up the ankle bracelet. We are in a rural area on 8 acres and he cannot go to our barn.

I never in my life thought he would have to do jail time....but this home confinement is really hard for me to wrap my head around. What the judge said and what probation(who is in control) says are very different. He can go to church. He has to get a job—even though we are retired, all restitution was paid before he went in, there are no fees due, and we do not need the money.

I thought we made it through but now feels like we are starting over.....at least he is home!! We have a strong marriage and a strong faith so we will make it through!! I am just being a brat!
Old 12-20-2017, 09:11 PM

Thanked 2,350 Times in 1,100 Posts

I'm so glad he is home driving you crazy! Happy holidays

The Following User Says Thank You to onedayatatime13 For This Useful Post:
MrsDeeKay (12-20-2017)
Old 12-20-2017, 09:31 PM
Owned

Thanked 3,957 Times in 1,813 Posts

I have tried to explain to scores of people how frustrating it can be not being able to live your life in your own home, but usually people don't get it.

For some reason following rules in prison, especially a camp is one thing, but following somebody else's rules in your own home is another.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to safran For This Useful Post:
MrsDeeKay (12-20-2017), mysoulmate2017 (12-21-2017)