Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Coming Home
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Coming Home Dedicated to discussions about our loved ones that are coming home soon. Discussions here should not fit any other category.

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2003, 03:51 PM
Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,638 Times in 348 Posts
Default This Forum - Forum Introduction

This Forum – Forum Introduction

Coming Home From Prison – The Road Home

I am happy to introduce a Forum that is long overdue at PTO.

As we are all aware, the main membership of PTO is made up of caring people that are waiting on a loved one – father, mother, brother, sister, child, spouse, significant other, or friend – to come home from Prison. PTO has been about support for ‘us’ when our loved ones are in prison, but what about those loved ones when they come home?

This Forum is specifically for our loved ones when they return home from prison. We want to encourage all members to visit us after their loved ones are released and if possible have their loved one join and participate in PTO.

This Forum is broken down into 4 parts:

The Main Forum – Coming Home From Prison – The Road Home

Use this forum to ask general questions, post thoughts and situations, share challenges, or just talk to us about coming home. Share your overall experience of coming home. Your excitement - your first day - your first week… Please also share your fears and challenges. This is a general Forum for discussion and just about anything goes here.

Sub Forum - Success Stories - Coming Home

Share your SUCCESS STORIES here – please! We all spend a lot of time at PTO while our loved ones are locked up. PTO is a safe and understanding home for many of us while trying to deal with the incarceration of our loved ones. Please consider coming back to visit us after your loved one comes home. Please encourage him or her to join PTO and share with us his or her success after being released from prison. We NEED to hear these stories.

Sub Forum - Recidivism and Re-entry - Coming Home

What is Recidivism? “Offenders may re-offend after they return to the community. This re-offense behavior is known as recidivism.”

Use this forum to post studies, information, and discussion about the specific challenges faced with coming home. How do we assist our loved ones re-enter the community and reduce recidivism rates? This forum is dedicated to addressing these issues.

Sub Forum - Programs and Support Networks - Coming Home

Use this forum to list and discuss programs and support networks that helped you with your re-entry to the community. What programs are out there and how to find them.

You certainly do not have to have a loved one home yet to participate in these Forums. We would like to build as much information here as possible for everyone’s future use. Please participate actively in these Forums and bring information and resources for all to benefit.

Please also notice that within this section of PTO we have many other Forums intended for the ex-offender and will add more as needed. Specifically they are: Straight Talk / Employment / Parole, Probation and Supervision.

Let’s all build PTO to be - support for us while our loved ones are incarcerated, and support for them when they return home.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ken For This Useful Post:
arugula (12-07-2010), crazycasey183 (07-08-2010), INLOVEWITHHIM27 (10-15-2010), rainweaver2002 (07-28-2012)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2006, 01:38 AM

Thumbs up thank you for this place

thank you for creating a place for people such as myself to find a bit of comfort during a very trying time i hope it stays on the net a long time i know i have been a bit more at ease with my waiting time my old man will get out in 98 days then no more parole no nothing just freedom thank you for you kind heart iffygiraffe and grant from arizona
Closed Thread