Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > When the Relationship is Over...
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

When the Relationship is Over... This forum is about discussing your thoughts, feelings and issues now that you and your incarcerated (or formerly incarcerated) loved one are no longer together. (This forum is NOT for bashing - please read the rules before posting.)

Old 10-05-2017, 11:38 PM

Default Heís been home for 3 weeks! / Updated :(

first off, i wanna apologize in advance if this is kinda all over the place. i didnít plan out what i wanted to write, kinda just gonna let it flow & see what happens lol
soooo.... first ... for those who may not know our story, weíre MWI- we met when he was in county with my (now ex) brother in law who I was visiting...

17 months later...
I picked him up September 11th, we went to see his sister & nephews then we got a room & spent the night alone, Iíll spare you all the details.. weíre all adults & know how that went ... but after 17 months of behind glass (except 2 contact visits- one in April & one in May), I expected to be kinda nervous but I swear it was the most natural thing in the world. I normally donít like to cuddle while I sleep, but he was wrapped around me all night & I loved every second of it❤️

but yeah, itís awesome having him home. we had a couple little issues to work thru at the beginning, but things are getting better. we both have some trust issues & other things we struggle with as individuals, & we need to learn to be more patient with each other lol but itís good. heís already working which is amazing, Iím so freakiní proud of him for coming home & being so determined to better his life this time around. & Im so glad I get to be by his side thru it. heíll be on probation for 2 years, but his probation officer already told him if he keeps up doing well, after 11-12 months she might drop him to informal probation! He lives at his sisterís because he canít stay where I live... but with the money Iíve been saving while he was in prison, & him working 6 days a week - 11 hours a day... weíre hoping to have our own place by January. The downside to his work schedule is it doesnít leave us much down time to spend time together. but we both keep reminding each other that the struggles will be worth it in the end, & that if we could go thru him being in prison then we can get thru this too.

So heís working, & is talking about going to school. also.. Hopefully I will have a new job here soon, & Iím actually going back to school in January to start all over with a whole new field of study.

itís crazy because even though weíve been together almost a year & a half, with the majority of the relationship not only being in prison but behind glass, so where some stuff feels like weíve been together for years, other stuff feels like weíre a brand new couple lol so itís interesting. but weíre getting used to it.

my family loves him, which I knew they would (especially my mom & sister since they communicated with him while he was in prison). But I was worried that my grandparents (who I currently live with) would be super judgmental & not give him a chance. Thankfully, my fears were put to rest because they like him a lot!

His family & I are getting along better now that weíve spent time together, which is nice. I absolutely adore his nephews & we have so much fun with them.

thereís still some stressful stuff though. like, things would be better if one of us had a car. but i canít drive for medical reasons, so once he gets a car (which should be in the next month or so because heís already saving money), things will be easier because we wonít have to rely on others to take us places or to take me to see him or pick him up so he can come over.

Overall, Iíve honestly never been happier. Thereís still some obstacles to overcome, but I know we can get through it all together. Weíre learning to be more patient & understanding with each other, which we already were but itís a little different now that heís home so we have a little more to learn.

I would never do this again for anyone else on the planet, this was the craziest, scariest, most emotional 17 months of my life but every second was so worth it & Iím reminded of that every time he kisses me. ❤️

Last edited by bbrittanyrenee; 10-05-2017 at 11:43 PM..
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to bbrittanyrenee For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (10-09-2017), bmoreicon (11-01-2017), Britrdazahead13 (11-28-2017), DiamondDreams (12-28-2017), ilovemysqueezy (12-26-2017), jadah (10-07-2017), Kimimi (10-06-2017), lovinglife30 (10-07-2017), patchouli (10-07-2017), Quackenbooboo (10-07-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2017, 04:19 AM

Thanked 1,861 Times in 892 Posts

Congratulations on his homecoming and I wish you a future filled with happiness.
bbrittanyrenee (10-06-2017)
Old 10-06-2017, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBeingMe67 View Post
Congratulations on his homecoming and I wish you a future filled with happiness.

thank you ❤️ iíll post updates as they happen..
The Following User Says Thank You to bbrittanyrenee For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (10-09-2017)
Old 10-06-2017, 10:16 AM

Wishing you continued happiness! Honor God in your relationship and you guys will enjoy an awesome future together.
The Following User Says Thank You to careyon For This Useful Post:
bbrittanyrenee (10-06-2017)
Old 10-06-2017, 10:36 PM
MiSsiNgHIM.

awwe! so happy for you!

can't wait I got 2 more months and it's all over
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilovemysqueezy For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (10-09-2017), bbrittanyrenee (10-06-2017)
Old 10-07-2017, 08:06 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 32,908 Times in 15,101 Posts

I'm so freak'n happy for ya'll See? Good things do come to those wiling to do the work and be patient Congratulations on his Homecoming and may you both be happy & content forever & always Looking forward to your next update!!

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
bbrittanyrenee (10-07-2017)
Old 10-07-2017, 09:51 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 20,318 Times in 11,839 Posts

Great news, Congratulations !
Old 10-08-2017, 03:33 PM

for the last 531 days, he has been a constant in my life. the first 503 days, i held him down while he was in prison. from the day i f*cking met him, i was by his side. i let my walls down when i had promised myself i wouldnít. i gave him a chance even after i told him no when we first met. i was the only one who gave a f*ck about him while he was gone. iím the one who hardly slept or ate after he tried to kill him self, because iím the only one who was worried about him. iím the one who called the prison 5 times a day, every day for over a month until they finally took a release form to him to sign so iíd stop calling. i told him things no one else knows. i let him get close to my family. i believed every word he said, there was never any red flags. & as quickly as it started, it ended... no explanation, no fight, nothing... we went from trying to make plans, to him ignoring me, then deleting all traces of me from his fb. & then blocking me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bbrittanyrenee For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (10-09-2017), Britrdazahead13 (11-28-2017)
Old 10-08-2017, 03:58 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 32,908 Times in 15,101 Posts

OMG! I am soooooo sorry....no, actually I'm mad enough for both of us He could at least have the decency to say "kiss my grits" or something, anything is better than a disappearing act.

Spend some time alone to grieve, then spend some time with your family / friends and get out among the living...take care of yourself, be happy. Its the best revenge

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (10-30-2017)
Old 10-08-2017, 04:44 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 20,318 Times in 11,839 Posts

I'm sorry too, take care of yourself. It sounds like the problems are in his mind, and unstable people do some really strange things.
Old 10-08-2017, 04:50 PM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 9,473 Times in 3,995 Posts

I am so sorry to read this update. Man I want to stamp on his heart what a coward and an ass.
Take time to look after you and walk away and never look back he doesn't deserve you but someone else will.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
Old 10-08-2017, 04:58 PM

I'm so sorry you're dealing with this. He truly doesn't deserve such an amazing woman like you and he's a coward for ending it how he did
Old 10-08-2017, 05:12 PM

Thanked 2,654 Times in 1,251 Posts

Was he using prior to going in? If so, I bet that ugly monster reared its head. I'm so sorry

He may also have many mental health issues. You would probably see them. When we are at our worst, we push those who care away. Doesn't excuse the behavior, but I bet there is much more going on.
The Following User Says Thank You to onedayatatime13 For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (10-09-2017)
Old 10-08-2017, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedayatatime13 View Post
Was he using prior to going in? If so, I bet that ugly monster reared its head. I'm so sorry

He may also have many mental health issues. You would probably see them. When we are at our worst, we push those who care away. Doesn't excuse the behavior, but I bet there is much more going on.

no he didnít use. and iím aware of the mental health issues heís struggled with. but i feel like this was something different entirely. i feel like this was probably all fake to him.
The Following User Says Thank You to bbrittanyrenee For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (10-09-2017)
Old 10-08-2017, 05:44 PM
She's Home! Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 4,945 Times in 1,936 Posts

So sorry to hear that this has happened Having dealt with both mental health and addiction issues with Dee (and Iím aware weíre only talking mental illness here but just for reference,) I know how hard the transition was for her psychologically at times. We had successes.....and we also went through days where she wouldnít talk to me basically ďbecause I donít feel like it.Ē Usually within a couple days we were okay, but obviously, when things like this happen itís a strain.

If he is dealing with the adjustment and mental health problems, it might be that he is just feeling overwhelmed by everything right now. This doesnít excuse his behavior, but it may be that it factored in to things.

For now, Iíd give him some space. I donít know that heíll come back at some point, or that you even want him to. But he might come around all apologetic-like sooner or later.

Take care of yourself. And if he does come back around, know what your limits are and what (if anything) you will put up with and what you wonít.

I wish you luck going forward. Remember, we are all still here for you through this.

-E
The Colorblind Moderator (I'm not even going to try to use green down here, I'll embarass myself! LOL!) Currently assisting in all forums and actively monitoring Wives and Girlfriends in Prison and the California forums.

#ByeCDCR #TimesUp #HomeForChristmas
Old 10-08-2017, 06:09 PM

Thanked 2,754 Times in 957 Posts

I’m sorry this happened. I hate reading these stories over and over and over. You probably won’t want to hear this but he probably never intended to be with you long term. I’ve come to believe that MWI relationships are like playing the lottery. Of the hundreds of stories I’ve read only a handful have actually worked out. I’m keeping that in mind in my own relationship.

Be thankful you didn’t spend all your saved money to move in with him. It was pretty sh*tty for him to sleep with you and then dump you in the way he did. Please remember that if he tries to backtrack and contact you again. Know that better things are in store for you and I think you won’t have to wait very long because you seem like a loving person.

ďAbsorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your ownĒ
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AndyS For This Useful Post:
BearsLadyBear (10-30-2017), D.Sullivan (10-09-2017), Hurley123 (10-10-2017), joybubby (10-10-2017), MizzyMuffling (10-09-2017), nancyginnm (10-08-2017), Texasflower08 (10-11-2017)
Old 10-09-2017, 04:25 AM

Thanked 1,818 Times in 914 Posts

Hugs. Sometimes the things people do will never make sense. Sometimes it's hard to wrap our heads around the decisions that other's make. We want answers and don't get them. How could you do this? Why could you do this? And the sad fact is that most never get those questions answered. The acceptance of moving forward knowing that this was a relationship you gave your all too but the other party simply didn't do the same can be difficult but you got this. I am way to compassionate, and empathetic to a fault sometimes. When you have those intense emotions it can be difficult to move forward but acceptance of the situation exactly as is, is key. I have found this out the hard way. Through many relationships that I have given my passion too but partners never meeting me anywhere halfway. I have looked back and have recognized that those meant to be in your life will be there, and those who love and care about you will show it through their actions. Don't let this ruin your beautiful spirit. Don't let it ruin the wonderful ideals that love can be a magical thing. Sending hugs your way.
a.rare.love (10-09-2017), Crazychick12 (10-10-2017), maytayah (10-09-2017), miamac (10-09-2017), patchouli (10-10-2017)
Old 10-09-2017, 08:58 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,762 Times in 1,619 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
Iím sorry this happened. I hate reading these stories over and over and over. You probably wonít want to hear this but he probably never intended to be with you long term. Iíve come to believe that MWI relationships are like playing the lottery. Of the hundreds of stories Iíve read only a handful have actually worked out. Iím keeping that in mind in my own relationship.

Be thankful you didnít spend all your saved money to move in with him. It was pretty sh*tty for him to sleep with you and then dump you in the way he did. Please remember that if he tries to backtrack and contact you again. Know that better things are in store for you and I think you wonít have to wait very long because you seem like a loving person.
You are speaking my mind.
I wonder if there's a difference when they are in really long or only shorter (up to a few years) when they come home. Drugs are always a problem I read but still... makes you wonder how "solid" your own relationship is or will be...
a.rare.love (10-09-2017), AndyS (10-09-2017), D.Sullivan (10-09-2017), Fridyrr.Likn (10-30-2017), Hurley123 (10-10-2017)
Old 10-09-2017, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrittanyrenee View Post
for the last 531 days, he has been a constant in my life. the first 503 days, i held him down while he was in prison. from the day i f*cking met him, i was by his side. i let my walls down when i had promised myself i wouldn’t. i gave him a chance even after i told him no when we first met. i was the only one who gave a f*ck about him while he was gone. i’m the one who hardly slept or ate after he tried to kill him self, because i’m the only one who was worried about him. i’m the one who called the prison 5 times a day, every day for over a month until they finally took a release form to him to sign so i’d stop calling. i told him things no one else knows. i let him get close to my family. i believed every word he said, there was never any red flags. & as quickly as it started, it ended... no explanation, no fight, nothing... we went from trying to make plans, to him ignoring me, then deleting all traces of me from his fb. & then blocking me.

I'm not one to always PM (i always answer those who reach me though)and i am going 2 reach out to u, chica. (sigh)i have no words. #smdh @ ignorance of a man. the IGNORANCE of a man.
Or in his case? An immature MAN-BOY. How dare he. I read your post. Awww. You're so happy. You truly was so happy as i felt your happiness in your first update post, chica, I am so sorry about all this.
Is he:
-Narcissist?
-BI-POLAR?

-Easily able to "hide his depression to make YOU think all this time for "531"that all would be OK when you're home with him/or when he is home with you?Does he have drug issues, heroine weed, coke, pills et.al., as this would expound much, what i have underscore in red/blue.
I'm not one to play that.
I would:
1.)Keep it movin. Immediately. No chasin. #NoLookin'Back #MoveAlong2HappierPlaces en vida. But, that's me. and it took me multiple bad relationships with man-boy to abuser's to get to such a great happy blessed place,to be able to move on and no looking back IF this ever again happen to me. i am so ready chica, to move on and have mi GOOD life set up to where i will be OK and i have NEVER "given mi bff/fiancee ALL i have/all of me. When you're burned once(meaning hurt/heart trample on, dis-honor, you keep the gate/wall up as high as feasible,to protect yourself.)

2.)Under NO CIRCUMSTANCE i will chase this guy. He has broken for now, tu corazon.(your heart)chica, so no chasin/runnin'after him.Something has to be "wrong deep-mentally within him to do this to you, that only HE can fix, not you."God bless those who treat us in life right. You're a wonderful young woman. DON'T go after him.Let him come to you, and realize his errors/how wrong he is before he, just like 100's of other idiots released, before he end up without you forever,and hence, back in prison."IF MEANT TO BE, it will be.Meanwhile keep on living "after a good cry/and or after the hurt dissipate,and it will chica."
-

I will PM you.
-Keep ya head
up por favor chica, please, do that. DO NOT WEAKEN.Stay focus, strong, and remember you're "Better than what he is doing to you and therefore you're going to be bless."I can't understand this though when you're clearly there for him, even when he try to kill himself, YOU'RE the only 1 there,who gave a fluck and he did this to you...I have no more words.
-
Just trust in the lord above. DO NOT, i repeat DO NOT go chase after him at all.Let him and he WILL realize what he is doing is so wrong. and he will i bet try to call you sooner than you're thinking. DON'T REACH HIM.Let him reach you. I am pm'ing you. and again i am more sorry for him, than you, it's his lost (for now)it's his loss...Not yours... I am here for you,was just thinking of you,and was so happy to read your 1st update, did not expect to read this. God bless u.hugs and blessings. HANG IN THERE. You're going to be fine.

Last edited by a.rare.love; 10-09-2017 at 09:02 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to a.rare.love For This Useful Post:
ilovemysqueezy (11-01-2017)
Old 10-10-2017, 08:28 PM
Banned

I think the only reason he left is because he had never meant to stay any longer than it would take to get his bearings. To put together a plan of action once out. Three weeks or so seems to be the general amount of time they stay. Of course not all, but a lot of the mwi relationships that I've read of.
These relationships are a huge gamble with people hearts and years out of their lives.

Last edited by D.Sullivan; 10-10-2017 at 08:32 PM..
Old 10-30-2017, 04:25 AM

itís been almost a month.. thereís been a couple things happen since he left, one being talking to his sister (iíll explain later in this post).. & the other, about two weeks ago ... i donít wanna talk about it too much because it still makes me so angry , but basically someone used a fake texting app to text me pretending to be him. at the time, i really thought it was him & i was finally getting answers about everything.. the conversation ended & i felt a lot better about the situation ... then a few days later some things didnít add up & eventually i found out, with 100% certainty, that is definitely wasnít him... but it was someone who knew certain things about us... thereís a kinda a big handful of people i think it could be but iíll never find out for sure.
but yeah ... as far as my healing process..
thereís horrible days & just kinda bad days.. nighttime is the hardest. iím slowly making process. i finally took down all the pictures & all the artwork he made me while he was in prison.. now thereís a box in my closet with 300+ letters, 40 pieces of artwork, more pictures than i want to count- ones of just him before prison, a couple he sent from prison, collages of us because we didnít have pictures together until he came home, & then pictures we took when he came home.. also a shirt of his, the necklace with his name that he got me, & the engagement ring... i tried going back & reading some of the letters, looking for signs i must have missed... & still nothing. he played the part too damn well. i mean, so well that 3 days after he disappeared on me.. his sister, that he lived with at the time, called me & asked me what was going on cuz he was at work when she got up & saw his facebook completely changed. we talked for about an hour, she kept saying how it made no sense because she said she had never seen him as happy as he was when i was around. she must have said something to him about talking to me, because the next day she had me blocked on everything too.
iíll probably never get answers and iím starting to accept that.
i started going to the gym, itís the one time iím distracted from everything else.. so i guess iím just taking it a day at a time.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bbrittanyrenee For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (12-24-2017), Fridyrr.Likn (10-30-2017), xolady (10-31-2017)
Old 10-30-2017, 06:59 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 28,498 Times in 14,367 Posts

Very odd.
Im sorry that happened. Im sure its still shocking the way he just dropped out of sight.

Hoping things feel better for you soon.
Keep busy and be happy. Best revenge ever. Being happy.

That's my dog's nose art

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (12-24-2017), Crazychick12 (10-30-2017), Fridyrr.Likn (10-30-2017)
Old 10-30-2017, 01:07 PM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 9,473 Times in 3,995 Posts

I am sorry this happened to you, its sounds like there was something else or someone else waiting for him when he came out. Either way he is a coward.
I know its part of the grieving process to try and get answers but you may never get those answers. He has gone and believe me one day you will be glad he went to quickly and without you investing more time in him.
Do all you need to do to move on, he doesnt deserve you and if he ever comes back dont be tempted to more of the same.
I most imagine you are most likely to hear if he goes back to jail, that is not unlikely and I hope you are strong enough by then to slam the door.
There is someone for you now you are rid of him and his lies and games you have the space to welcome in someone new.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (12-24-2017), Crazychick12 (10-30-2017), Fridyrr.Likn (10-30-2017)
Old 10-30-2017, 03:34 PM

I don’t get why he blocked you and gets others to block you it’s all very strange. Maybe he's had someone else all along too and wants to keep it secret so makes it that you can’t get ahold of him or know what he’s up to hence getting his sister to block you. And the whole thing about fading out with no explanation after you stood by his side just very lowdown of him. Anyway you’re right just take it a day at a time
The Following User Says Thank You to Crazychick12 For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (12-24-2017)
Old 10-30-2017, 11:01 PM

he drunk called at 4AM. if i would’ve known it was him, i wouldn’t have answered. however, the moment i heard his voice. i hung up the phone. he kept trying to call, he text me asking me to answer.
he text me & said, “I do miss u and I am sorry I hurt u.
I was a d*ck for breaking up with u that way.
I was calling bc when we were together we always talked thru whatever shit we had going on and I didn’t give u a chance to talk before I did that.
I’m not trying to get back with u or hurt u or anything. I’m just trying to have the talk u deserved before I left.
I did love u even if u don’t believe me.
TBH I will always have love for u bc u really was down AF for me. “

I wasn’t going to respond, I was just goin to block the number. but i kept thinking about how i had things i wished i would’ve been able to say before he blocked me, and i didn’t wanna chance regretting not saying anything.. so i did.

i said, “when did you decide you didn’t want to be with me anymore? like how long before you actually left?
oh & btw. just be honest with me. you already broke all your promises & lost me.... so there’s no reason to lie now, i want real answers!”

then there was some fake excuses he pulled out of thin air & really thought i would believe him. he told me he still wants to be with me.
then i sent him the letter i wrote the other day, i didn’t think he’d ever see it but i took this opportunity to make him see it.
& then, because we have several mutual friends... a screenshot was sent to me by a few
people.. it was a post he shared on facebook that said, “Nah like straight up, I’m only single cuz I’m looking for something serious & mature. Not something short term & childish.”
& that’s where my whole attitude & mindset instantly flipped.
first let me say that before the screenshot, no part of me was trying to give him any attention.
but seeing that, while he was texting me trying to act like he was sorry, i hit the angry stage.

i said, “you had serious & mature & even unconditional. but you gave it up cuz you’re a childish ass thot. meanwhile over here tryna tell me some other shit like you give a f*ck about me or how i’m feeling. you shoulda just stayed gone dude like forreal. it was so easy for you to walk away, so stay away. man i hope for the sake of the next girl, your ass grows the hell up before you meet her.”
i told him i was blocking him & he said, “I’ll always have love for you babygirl remember that.”
& my final messages before blocking his number were,
“NAH F*CK YOU.
don’t say that shit to me.
you’re a liar & you know it.
i’m sending this & blocking your number. i hope you continue to better your life & stay out of trouble, & i hope one day you grow up & become the man you have potential to be so you can have a truly happy life. now it’s my turn to walk away. bye Israel.”

Let me tell you guys, I seriously feel like a huge weight was lifted of my chest, i feel like i can breath again. i’m sure there’s going to be random times where i get sad & miss him, but for the most part, i feel better & i think it’s cuz i got my closure .i feel like maybe i’ve made it thru the worst part & now i can start moving on. i’m glad i decided to have that conversation. i needed it.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to bbrittanyrenee For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (12-24-2017), BearsLadyBear (11-01-2017), Bee143 (12-24-2017), Britrdazahead13 (11-28-2017), Crazychick12 (11-01-2017), Critter07 (12-23-2017), ilovemysqueezy (11-01-2017), jadah (12-23-2017), WayFarer (11-08-2017), xolady (10-31-2017)