Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ILLINOIS > Illinois Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Illinois Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Illinois Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc

Old 06-22-2019, 08:55 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hisprincess2019 View Post
The same thing is happening at Menard. I get his emails more than he gets mine. I'm getting emails stating that my messages have been approved so not sure why he is not getting them. I sent him a card 2 weeks ago with some pics (nothing racy) and he hasn't received yet. We are able to talk everyday but he is getting depressed because we are unable to see each other (it's been 5 weeks now) because of the damn flooding. We thought we might be able to see each other early next week but with the rain we just had and more coming it is looking more like next weekend or the first week in July. Any ideas on what I can do to keep his spirits up? I hate hearing him sound so sad on our calls.
Going thru it too girlfriend. Mines been miserable and there’s been nail room issues. I make a point to send him mail every day so he gets something every day. Last week there were lots of staff on vacation and no mail was passed out the entire week except legal. Same with this week. He’s so depressed. I just keep sending mail daily even if he gets it in bulk after a period of days then he knows he’s not forgotten.
Maybe try reading him the messages on the phone, a lovey dovey one. Or a poem you find that speaks to your feelings. He reads me poetry he chooses and it’s so wonderful to hear. Maybe try that? He called last night I always say how much time and then I stop him and read this poem to him and said I love you and miss you so much how is your day going. And the first somber hello turned into an exhale and he said better now I love you too.

“I’d like to think that women are Gods, because we resurrect men. We lift them up so high they almost start to believe they can live without us.”

The Following User Says Thank You to jessesgirl1111 For This Useful Post:
hisprincess2019 (06-22-2019)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2019, 03:36 PM

Hey, I know this post hasn’t been active in a couple weeks, just checking in to see how everyone is doing with GTL/Connect Network emails. They have been extremely slow here, but my close friend’s facility is on Lockdown. On Fridays he is able to sync and send messages easily but not sure if that will be affected by Lockdown. Looking forward to when IL facilities have tablets (hopefully soon!)
Old 07-11-2019, 04:23 PM

Emails are only getting pushed through two or three times a week where mines at.
Old 07-11-2019, 05:31 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotusBlossom23 View Post
Hey, I know this post hasn’t been active in a couple weeks, just checking in to see how everyone is doing with GTL/Connect Network emails. They have been extremely slow here, but my close friend’s facility is on Lockdown. On Fridays he is able to sync and send messages easily but not sure if that will be affected by Lockdown. Looking forward to when IL facilities have tablets (hopefully soon!)
My sent ones from yesterday went thru layer then usual today. I heard from another group that the tablet roll out is on hold now becuz of a hacking into one at Shawnee. They were supposed to be rolled out at Dixon and pettyville 3 weeks ago and nothing, and they’re not saying shit so idk.

“I’d like to think that women are Gods, because we resurrect men. We lift them up so high they almost start to believe they can live without us.”

Old 07-12-2019, 12:41 AM

I’m receiving emails again on the regular schedule which is Monday’s, Tuesday’s and Friday's and he has been receiving mine as well.
Old 07-12-2019, 10:01 AM

I read somewhere in here that tablets are on hold because someone hacked into a tablet??? I’m assuming an inmate. He must be tech savvy! Anyhow, just wanted to confirm if this is correct? My husband (in Dixon) said some guys who purchased tablets the week prior to his purchase (a month ago) haven’t received tablets yet BUT they are able to log into the kiosk at the prison and got to online support. However, those who made purchases the following week (such as my husband) can’t even click the online support link on the kiosks. Interesting
Old 07-12-2019, 10:46 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOVANDO View Post
I read somewhere in here that tablets are on hold because someone hacked into a tablet??? I’m assuming an inmate. He must be tech savvy! Anyhow, just wanted to confirm if this is correct? My husband (in Dixon) said some guys who purchased tablets the week prior to his purchase (a month ago) haven’t received tablets yet BUT they are able to log into the kiosk at the prison and got to online support. However, those who made purchases the following week (such as my husband) can’t even click the online support link on the kiosks. Interesting
I posted that. I read on another group that it happened at Shawnee and that halted the rollouts. Can’t say for sure if that’s fact but that’s what they were all saying.

Old 07-12-2019, 02:09 PM

This recent turnaround time at dixon is killing me. Are the GTL ppl on vacation all week???
Old 07-16-2019, 05:56 PM

Update: from what I hear dixon only has one person who does the GTL right now, the natives are restless lol
The Following User Says Thank You to ILLINOIS.PAL For This Useful Post:
jessesgirl1111 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 04:23 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLINOIS.PAL View Post
Update: from what I hear dixon only has one person who does the GTL right now, the natives are restless lol
My sent’s are going thru, but I’m not receiving.,