Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OKLAHOMA > Oklahoma Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oklahoma Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Oklahoma prison & jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.

Old 06-05-2017, 12:27 AM

Default Help me write a letter to the Warden about visitation denial!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E's T View Post
I would b more than happy to assist you. I was also denied and wrote a letter to the warden. He overturned the denial and i was approved immediately. Keep it very simple, yet professional. Start with "i am writing in regards to a denial letter of which i've recieved and i assure you that my record has been taken care" be sure to thank him for his time in reading your letter and also say something like"i am respectfully requesting that you reconsider"... if i can help you in anyway please feel free to ask. Good luck

I am also needinghelp with writing a letter to the warden. I was at work when my husband was picked up. I was also charged with the same charges. I have never done any drugs in my life and I have the ongoing test results to prove it! I also work in a line of work that is for the state and they have to approve me to be able.to work as well so I don't understand why they won't let me see him because my charges are still pending I have not.been connected. So I am wondering what is the best way to go about writing a letter and should it be hand written or typed out? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2017, 12:44 AM
Site Moderator

Thanked 6,358 Times in 2,365 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrickluv View Post
I am also needinghelp with writing a letter to the warden. I was at work when my husband was picked up. I was also charged with the same charges. I have never done any drugs in my life and I have the ongoing test results to prove it! I also work in a line of work that is for the state and they have to approve me to be able.to work as well so I don't understand why they won't let me see him because my charges are still pending I have not.been connected. So I am wondering what is the best way to go about writing a letter and should it be hand written or typed out? Thanks
Hi Patrickluv,

Sorry to hear you are having this issue.

I am not familiar with Oklahoma state law, but many states and the Feds typically do not allow co-defedants to visit with each other, particularly if the case is not resolved. You note your charges are pending and you have "not been connected," but that might not be how the facility he is at views it.

Rather than writing a letter to the Warden, you might want to consult with the visiting department at wherever your husband is housed to confirm the actual reason why your visitation has been denied (assuming that they have not given you this reason already.) If the reason is that you are considered a co-defendant and your court case has not been resolved, getting the Warden to over-rule visitation might be a moot point.

Also, note that this thread was started in 2010 and had not been active since 2012. I am not sure if OP or any of the earlier posters will be of much help at this point.

-E

"I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
-Thomas Jefferson
Old 06-05-2017, 05:13 AM
Always Remembered
Donation Award 

Thanked 30,840 Times in 11,079 Posts

Patrickluv, I've moved your question to Oklahoma in hope that people who are most familiar with that state's laws may have more specific advice for you.

Good luck!
missingdee (06-05-2017)
Old 06-16-2017, 12:41 AM

Yes, I would find out exactly why it was denied then you can address the issue. My boyfriends sister was denied visitation with him because she left off an arrest on the visitation paperwork she turned in. You have to be totally honest on your paperwork.