Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Probation, Parole & Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Probation, Parole & Supervision Having problems (or need info) with Probation, Parole or Community Corrections & Supervision?? Lets talk about it here.

Old 07-22-2013, 04:48 PM
Darrick's wife

Hello everyone I have a question and need some answers my husband is incarcerated in NY Greenhaven and I am in NC and he has 2 years to go when should we start hi interstate parole papers and he wants to go into a halfway house here in NC is that possible and does anyone know of any who takes interstate paroles from NY and even though he pulled 22 years for 2nd degree murder do u think they will approve it
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2013, 05:20 PM

Interstate compact paperwork can only begin within 120 days of release. He's got a while to wt. but e most likely wont get an out of state halfway house. Interstate compact applies to those on supervision, not those living in a halfway house, which is still considered a form of custody.
The Following User Says Thank You to VA PO For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (07-23-2013)
Old 08-03-2013, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by survivor2 View Post
So my loved one's counselor put in for a transfer of parole (directly upon release from a Shock Program in NY) at the 120 day mark. I believe GA has 45 days to deny or approve. I have called the GA Interstate Compact person and did not get a call back. No one has come to my house to check it out yet and I believe the 45 days is up the end of next week. Is this unusual?
Please be advised that the 45 day mark does not start until GA receives the compact. It must pass through all of the checks in NY first.
The Following User Says Thank You to Compactable For This Useful Post:
survivor2 (08-03-2013)
Old 10-02-2013, 10:10 AM

Hello everyone, I have a Interstate Compact question. My husband is in a Michigan prison, and I am going to be moving to McAllen Texas and live with his brother and have my husband request a Interstate there. His whole family is in McAllen. When does he start asking for the compact? Who does he ask? He is due to see the parole board in either December 2013 or Jan. 2014. Does he have to have a positive release date in order to ask for the compact? I have tried trying to get answers from Lansing and get nowhere. Any help would be great. This has been a long journey to say the least. Thanks Merrandr

[/url]
Old 10-08-2013, 12:09 PM

Does anyone have info on IC process for GA to TN. Will GA verify address then TN? A has received the papers and I know they got 45 days to respond. Di they notify the inmate or is this the max time to notify the receiving state? Ugh any info appreciated

<3 ALMOST HOME

Old 10-15-2013, 11:56 AM

I have a question concerning the compact - I might be moving from VA to TX in 2015 and my fiancee is willing to move to TX once he is released - here are my questions:
- will it be easier if we are married to be transferred
- does he need a job already lined up or is there a period of time he has to get a job
- if he chooses can he put in for a transfer after he is released
- he is a so are there different rules that he has to follow

Old 01-03-2014, 10:37 AM

Default interstate compact question

i hope i got this in the right form, my husband is due to get out feb 11 earlier than expected because of good credits or something, anyhow hes in california i live and work and nevada. we've been married since 2010, anyhow he told me in december his prison counslor did the paperwork for the interstate compact transfer. time is so close and i have yet to be contacted by nevada for their investigation or whatever it consist of, and hes out in less than 6 weeks, I believe his original release date was in march but whats going on what should i expect and is there anyway i can call and talk to someone to get the ball rolling. i'm so sceard feb 11th will come and he cant come home
Old 01-05-2014, 09:28 AM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,164 Times in 13,319 Posts

Have him ask his counselor to follow up on his Interstate compact application. My guess is that they will have a better time finding out than family members will. Hopefully it will be decided favorably before he is released in 6 weeks. Best of luck.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Searcher View Post
Spent 4 hours on the agreement today, last weeks date was wrong. I cant possible explain the changes. All states besides MASS are part of the now Federal Laws that govern the Insterstate Compact. I'll help anyone understand the inside scoop if they ask specific questions. This is a proffesional hobby of mine so, I think I'll have the best up to date info on ANY states guidlines. It is now standard and legal in all states but MASS.

Hello Searcher, I have a question. My husband is coming home after 12 year, but now I live in New Jersey, my husband filled out the interstate transfer request, and I contact the interstate compact office, but they said that they have the request form from him, but not the paper work, so without that they can't do anything. My question is: what paper work you think, they are talking about? he's to come home on Feb. 28th so I am afraid that there is not enough time. Please advise.

regards,
G.B.
Old 01-10-2014, 04:07 PM

Thanked 4,951 Times in 3,184 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveforlive43 View Post
Hello Searcher, I have a question. My husband is coming home after 12 year, but now I live in New Jersey, my husband filled out the interstate transfer request, and I contact the interstate compact office, but they said that they have the request form from him, but not the paper work, so without that they can't do anything. My question is: what paper work you think, they are talking about? he's to come home on Feb. 28th so I am afraid that there is not enough time. Please advise.

regards,
G.B.

Hi loveforlive43
Searcher has not been active in January 2011, so that member may not answer you. I'm not sure I have the answers, either. I don't know if this will help, but the Interstate Compact Website has a lot of information. I wish you both the best of luck!

[/color][/size][/center]

Old 01-10-2014, 08:16 PM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Ask the IC office you spoke to what paperwork they require in order to process his application. His prison counselor may know too. Best of luck.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:40 PM

His counselor in the prison he is in needs to fill out an application for the Interstate Compact. It then goes to the IC office in your state and then is sent off to the receiving state. They usually begin the process 120 days before release.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:49 PM

Default VA to SC interstate compact - Help Please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Searcher View Post
Spent 4 hours on the agreement today, last weeks date was wrong. I cant possible explain the changes. All states besides MASS are part of the now Federal Laws that govern the Interstate Compact. I'll help anyone understand the inside scoop if they ask specific questions. This is a professional hobby of mine so, I think I'll have the best up to date info on ANY states guidlines. It is now standard and legal in all states but MASS.
Good Afternoon,

My Husband is in VA DOC in Baskerville. He is scheduled to be released in 6 days, Jan 21st. As of today, the transfer has not been approved. His counselor, whom I communicate with regularly, seems to think that the recent Holidays put a kink in the transfer process. She also informed me that if they (and I'm not sure who 'they' are) are not happy with his relocation from the prison that the can keep him incarcerated until his accommodations are approved. We have a backup plan in VA with my best friend and her family. But clearly he belongs with me in Charleston. He has a wife, home , and job. I'm aware that each state has different laws regarding release and probation, so maybe you can answer some questions for me.

-Can Baskerville keep him after his release date? He's been in for 16 months
-If the compact hasn't gone through and he's released to VA, can we keep the transfer process going?
-Is there anyone I should be calling for information and status updates?
-Should my friend in VA be ready for a home-screening? right away?

Any help or info would be greatly appreciated
Thanks Brandy
Old 01-15-2014, 03:42 PM

1. Yes, they can pull his good time until a home plan is approved
2. Yes
3. His caseworker at the prison
4. If he is trying to an interstate transfer, there will be no Virginia PO to do a home investigation in the meantime. The friend can standby, but he may be waiting.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:47 PM

If a PO in the receiving state came and did a home inspection, and then said that it would take about 2 weeks until the parolee heard something in the sending state, but should be ready to go and would see us soon...............

is there any reason to believe the transfer wont be approved?????? We are at 2 weeks right now and NO WORD!!!!!!!! So nervous!!!!!
Old 01-16-2014, 10:04 AM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

It sounds good so far. The person who told you his application would be approved either submitted that in a recommendation, or made the final decision themselves. It's hard, but try to be patient until all of the paperwork gets finished.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:20 PM

Well, he got the green light from receiving state on Fri (Jan 17)!!!!!! Sending state wouldnt give him a travel pass until Wed (5 days later). But hoping he will be home then!!!!! Still nervous something could happen in the next day, but saying prayers.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to survivor2 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (01-21-2014), JustWondering2 (01-21-2014)
Old 02-17-2014, 11:41 AM

so i have a question..... my husband comes home june 2 on parole his parole is in hudson county nj but the address that in on his parole plan he can no longer be paroled to being that his parents are moving out of state and he needs to be paroled to another county to my home ...but hes gunna be on the bracelet for four months also.... whats my chances of him being paroeld to my house he has no where else to go
Old 02-17-2014, 12:02 PM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

I don't know anything about NJ parole, but he needs to submit an amended home plan ASAP since the old one is no longer valid. His prison counselor would be a place to find out what he needs to do.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
I don't know anything about NJ parole, but he needs to submit an amended home plan ASAP since the old one is no longer valid. His prison counselor would be a place to find out what he needs to do.

yeah i visited him yesterday and he said he put in a remedy form to see his parole counsler just stressing because nj prisons are damn lazy ... and he only has 105 days left...
The Following User Says Thank You to kingroyalswife* For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (02-17-2014)
Old 03-16-2014, 08:38 PM
Let not man separate&amp;amp;lt;3

Hello everyone,

My husband and I are currently in NY and he gets released in 9 months. My family moved down to NC June of last year and I will be moving down there into their home this September. The earliest that we can apply for an Interstate transfer is September 5th and that is the plan. We plan on having my parent's home be the address for the transfer of parole so that he can be released there with me. And assuming everything goes to plan, we'll then hopefully get approval from his PO in NC to get our own place nearby if not on the same property. I've money saved up in the bank and will start hooking up with a job agency in NC prior to moving so that I can be stable with funds well before he even comes home.

Does this sound like a decent plan for approval??
Thank you very much!
-Samantha

Old 03-17-2014, 08:12 AM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

My only question is how they will view the amount of time you have lived in NC. If it is based on your parent's residency, it will definitely be long enough, but you will only be there 3 months prior to him being released. I have no idea how probation will view it, but it could be a potential issue to be aware of, and figure out prior to his IC application. Best of luck.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:48 AM
Let not man separate&amp;amp;lt;3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
My only question is how they will view the amount of time you have lived in NC. If it is based on your parent's residency, it will definitely be long enough, but you will only be there 3 months prior to him being released. I have no idea how probation will view it, but it could be a potential issue to be aware of, and figure out prior to his IC application. Best of luck.
Thank you for your response. I wonder about that potential issue as well. We've read through the Compact Agreement and I understand that it does state that I should be in the state 6 months as of the date that we are requesting the transfer...which would mean that I would have to be down there...as of two week ago. It's just hard to do that because a) I do not graduate until May and b) it would be really difficult leaving him this early. That's why I was hoping that it might be enough to parole to my parent's home first since they will then meet the time requirements.

I have tried contacting his IC and she unfortunately has not been of much help. I wrote to her and spoke to her on phone about the plan and she unfortunately did not anything to tell me on these regards. I then tried getting in touch with the PO administration in NC and again was without success. I'm thinking I might try contacting everyone again. I'm not sure. I'm just hoping everything goes according to plan. If it's not approved, we've resources in place here in NY but it will be complicated. That'd be okay, just not ideal. ^^'

The Following User Says Thank You to Samantha_Lin306 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (03-17-2014)
Old 03-17-2014, 07:13 PM

I have a question, my husband has a detainer in ALA, I called them to see if I could get him released to where he caught the charge, Ga, however she said that her supervisor said he has to come back to ALA for hearing, she said that she was waiting for Interstate Compact to call back, my question is who has the final say of whether or not he goes back to ALA? Will interstate compact have the final say so?
Old 07-27-2014, 04:23 PM

Default Can someone help me figure this out?

My friend is in jail in Maui. He did (is finishing up)6mo for drug and felony assult charges. He will be released 8/10/14. He is 20.

He has no one there. He will essentially be homeless. His father lives in IL. He wants to get out of jail and get on a flight to IL. A job and family is there.

How does this work? Will he be able to leave Hawaii? When is all the $ he owes the court due? He is mandated to get mental health assessment, anger mgmt classes etc. Is it usually transferred to the new state too?

Ok, so here is the kicker. He was in CA and has 2 bench warrants here for him. Then got on a plane to Hawaii and got arrested in Maui. (Drug problems) so he is a resident of CA. but there is NO ONE here for him no job, no place to stay etc. His dad is setting up some sort of plan apparently but he dislikes that it includes a treatment program.

What happens to someone like this? What if I told CA he is incarcerated currently would that do anything to the bench warrants? (one is for xanax without a rx) and the other is failure to do anything for a wet & wreckless...(already has a DUI too)

I have searched high and low for Hawaii answers. He has talked to his PO and she tells him "she has a plan" but has not told him what it is. He is freaking that he is going to be released with no money, no bus pass, just his luggage which has been in property all this time.
Anyone know what to expect?
Thanks in advance.