Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Probation, Parole & Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Probation, Parole & Supervision Having problems (or need info) with Probation, Parole or Community Corrections & Supervision?? Lets talk about it here.

Old 01-18-2013, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustWondering2 View Post
From what I understand, they have to investigate the home where he will be going to. They want to make sure there are no other people on Parole living there and if you have enough room and if there are no guns, etc. In other words they are investigating where he will be living and if it is appropriate. I have seen here where some were denied because after the inspection they said there was not enough room (which I assume means they figured too many peole already lived there). They want to be sure they are going to a place that is drug and alcohol free and that no one there may have a violence problem. That is my understaning of what they need to investigate.
Well state parole just came to investigate the home. No call or nothing. They just showed up and was kinda rude to me. Anyway, he said Missouri only gave him 5 business days to approve the residence and interstate compact. he said he wants to make sure my fiancee actually lived here before he was sent to Missouri. My fiance has lived in Cali his whole life. So it is due today back at the state office for denial or approval, but supposedly that office has another 2 weeks to return it to Missouri. then we only have 11 days before his release. so Im still up in the air abt buying plane tickets and what i should do abt that.....this is all so very frustrating
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2013, 11:48 AM

Hello All!

I have a fabulous job opportunity in NH. I currently live & he is incarcerated in NY. If I accept this offer, I could live in either NH or my preference MA. We have a ton of family in MA & my husband grew up there. I can support us both although he intends to find a job. I want to know the likelihood of his being able to parole directly to NH or MA & whether MA is problematic since they do not participate in the compact. I hate my current job & would love to go elsewhere, however will not move unless I am reasonably sure he can come directly. Also, if we wait, is it easier to transfer parole & does it matter if he has a job lined up or can it just be based on my ability to support us? Thanks for any info!!
Old 02-28-2013, 10:21 AM
nineironninja

Does anyone know what happened to Searcher? Last post was 2009, seemed to know a lot about Interstate Compact.

why go back to prison when i have this to enjoy out here? Low & Slow
Old 03-08-2013, 12:23 PM
Sweet Thing

Default Website

I didn't read all the way through this post but I wanted to let y'all know that there is a website regarding interstate compact... It's www.interstatecompact.org Which may be a little more helpful than posting a bunch of copied and pasted stuff here.

“We loved with a love that was more than love.” ~ Edgar Allan Poe
The Following User Says Thank You to Kay_2012 For This Useful Post:
Renee (03-09-2013)
Old 03-12-2013, 12:54 PM

Default Questions unanswered

My husband and I were married last November here in Tennessee while he was out on parole. Two weeks later he was taken to jail and then expedited back to Missouri where his parole was originally filed. They violated him for non reporting for October and November of 2012. He was expedited in February and is scheduled for release on April 3. At this time his new parole officer is not accepting his home plan in Missouri even though it is where he was paroled to a year ago. She says its because its income based housing. I dont understand how the same place can be approved and denied. Can you give me any insight?

Second question.. How do I get him transferred to Tennessee if I have no job and am living in my friends basement?
Old 03-12-2013, 06:12 PM

Felons cannot live in Section 8 housing. He can't transfeRbto a place that's not yours. The sponsor in that case would be the friend, as its their home, not yours. If your basically homeless, it would be hard for him to transfer to TN. I don't see how he can transfer and live with you.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:01 PM

I have a question... I put in a transfer from texas to california feb,6. My po said california recieved my paper feb 8. My 45 day is coming up march 25(10 days). My father have not been contacted.To make things worse my po said she not calling california compact anymore bc they had a nasty attitude. So who can I get in touch with to check my status. Btw california only gives information to po's.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:17 AM

My husband is up for Post Prison Supervision in Sept and he is just starting his classes now and this is where I am getting confused cause he is being told so much different information that it is confusing. anyway he will be putting in for Interstate Compact from Oregon to Nevada and he is being told that the family member he is transferring to which is me (his wife of 19 yrs) can not be getting any type of assistance, no food stamps, no section 8 housing, or assistance of any kind. When he comes home if approved I know will be the case but does that mean that I will need to be off assistance before that happens? right now I depend on those being a single parent it is not easy and I was just approved for SSDI so do they count that as well? The confusing part is my hubby is being told that before they can approve the Interstate compact or he can fill out the forms I can not be on assistance of any kind. Is that true?

He lived in Nevada prior to being arrested and was sent to Oregon a few months later. He will be a RSO and my current landlord who also knows my husband prior to his arrest in 2005 has already said he could live here. I

How are the family members waiting for there loved ones supposed to get by while they are waiting for the release of the loved one?
Old 03-26-2013, 11:08 AM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,164 Times in 13,319 Posts

I have never seen SSDI for a social security disability be affected by being married to a SO. SSDI is a benefit you earned, and it has nothing to do with being on "assistance". SSI is a disability granted when you have not met the qualifications for the earned SSDI benefit. If it was me, I would definitely confirm that myself with Social Security though.

The PO can pretty much impose any restrictions they want to put on your husband, but not on you. The worst case, if you continue to accept housing assistance or anything else your husband is not allowed to receive (directly or indirectly) is that he would have to live somewhere else, and that wouldn't become an issue until after he is released anyway. If you need the help you are getting to support your family while he is still in prison, keep it until you both know for sure what the PO is going to require. My opinion only.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:44 AM

I had planed on keeping the assistance until he gets out. The Prison where he is in Oregon is telling him that he has to be released to family member only and that family member can not be on assistance. He has to have all fines paid for and he can not go to transitional housing and all of this has to happen before he can file for interstate compact. I can not see where this is the case on the interstate compact website. I did see where they said to help it go faster to have fines paid but not the being on assistance part.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:16 PM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,164 Times in 13,319 Posts

My guess is that Oregon will not submit an interstate compact transfer request to NV until you satisfy all of their requirements. That, or they might submit it with a negative recommendation which would probably kill it anyway.

It would be preferable for him to be released directly to NV, but if that isn't possible he can probably start the process after you have satisfied Oregon.

Parole/probation everywhere can do pretty much whatever they want to do, and you guys have no choice but to go along with whatever they say until he is finally finished with it.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:42 PM

He must be in substantial compliance in order to apply for a transfer. Also, felons cannot live in section 8 housing. If you are in section 8, then the paperwork will not even be filled out for him to transfer to your residence.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
My guess is that Oregon will not submit an interstate compact transfer request to NV until you satisfy all of their requirements. That, or they might submit it with a negative recommendation which would probably kill it anyway.

It would be preferable for him to be released directly to NV, but if that isn't possible he can probably start the process after you have satisfied Oregon.

Parole/probation everywhere can do pretty much whatever they want to do, and you guys have no choice but to go along with whatever they say until he is finally finished with it.
Thank you for your help fbopnomore I will menrion that to him about the direct release. Oregon just has to make it difficult.
fbopnomore (03-27-2013)
Old 04-01-2013, 01:25 PM
what it do

My brother is in California and his parole officer had put in a transfer request to Texas. But he just heard Texas denied it because they not taking anybody else from any state right now. Can they do this? He would had Paroled to our moms house who was going to support Him.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:43 PM
Let not man separate<3

8. WHAT PAROLE CONDITIONS WILL I BE UNDER? If paroled out-of-state under the
Interstate Compact, you will be under the parole rules of both the sending and receiving states. For example, if you are paroled to North Carolina, you will be under the parole rules of New York and North Carolina. The same standard of supervision that applies in the receiving state for the supervision of its own parolees applies to out-of-state parolees sent there under terms of the Interstate Compact.

Hello everyone. I just have a quick question about the above piece that I have quoted from the ICOS Rules. I've been reading through it but I'm a little confused by this. In the event that my fiance and I can transfer from NY to NC, he would be under the parole rules of BOTH New York and North Carolina? Is that correct? But then why does it say right after that the "same standard of supervision" would apply to out-of-state as the receiving state's other offenders? To me that makes it sound like they're contradicting one another. Am I just reading this wrong?

Also, I've started to do some research about the NC parole rules, however has anyone heard if it's possible to pay off your parole time? I've heard that in NC, if you pay x amount of required dollars, it'll rid the parole time you have (for example 3 years). Has anyone else heard this?

Old 04-08-2013, 04:27 AM

Yes, he would have to play by the rules of both states.

The same standards of supervision clause means that they must supervise an interstate transfer as they would their own parolees.

Having received many transfers from NC, I have never heard that you can pay off your parole. I suspect that's an urban legend, as that would be incredibly unfair to those without means.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:15 PM
Let not man separate<3

Right, that's what I was thinking. I had never heard of that before. Dang these 'urban legends'. -- Well alrighty then. Thank you very much!

Old 04-12-2013, 01:22 AM

Do we have to be married for him to parole to my state?
Old 04-29-2013, 04:30 PM
Luv'N'Him

I have a few questions about the interstate compact as well and yes I have read over and over about all of the rules and things but my being human the LEGAL terms sometimes confuse me My fiance is to be released November 4th and he has already talked with his Counselor at Bland about his intentions of the Interstate Compact from Virginia to Tennessee...We are looking at him to be on probation something like maybe 18 months or so and what I was wondering is ... he has 2 jobs that he can leave prison November 4th and start work on the 5th does that give him a better chance of the compact going through? Is there anything that I can do to help make this process go more smoothly? Thank you all for your time in reading this ...any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Old 04-29-2013, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmanza22 View Post
Do we have to be married for him to parole to my state?
No , it does help but if he has a job in the receiving state that works also.
lisaneddie (04-29-2013)
Old 05-13-2013, 04:18 PM
Luv'N'Him

Default So confused...

I have read the agreement of the Interstate Compact and but was told that the ONLY way that one can get transferred to another state is by having family in the other state... is that true???? We are to be married the day he gets out so of course I cant be legal spouse at this time, but I would really appreciate anyone that can answer this for me....

Old 05-14-2013, 04:03 PM
Let not man separate<3

It might depend on the state. I have read through the Agreement as well and it was there and/or on the eligibility sheet that stated it could be a spouse OR family member. And that sometimes states can make an exception if there is good reason for it. Ask his PO/ORC?

The Following User Says Thank You to Samantha_Lin306 For This Useful Post:
lisaneddie (05-15-2013)
Old 05-15-2013, 11:48 AM
Luv'N'Him

Thank you for your reply....his counselor at Bland is getting the ball rolling and I have tried calling his PO but for the last 2 WEEKS still no return call...so hopefully him having the job here waiting will work cause until the day he gets out I wont be his spouse but boy I cant wait to become his spouse lol....thanks again...

Old 06-07-2013, 12:51 PM

Default 45 day wait for a response????

So my loved one's counselor put in for a transfer of parole (directly upon release from a Shock Program in NY) at the 120 day mark. I believe GA has 45 days to deny or approve. I have called the GA Interstate Compact person and did not get a call back. No one has come to my house to check it out yet and I believe the 45 days is up the end of next week. Is this unusual?
Old 06-07-2013, 12:52 PM

Actually I think it is Post Release Supervision if that is different from parole?