Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Probation, Parole & Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Probation, Parole & Supervision Having problems (or need info) with Probation, Parole or Community Corrections & Supervision?? Lets talk about it here.

Old 10-16-2012, 02:55 PM

Exclamation I am stuck in Texas and need help!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was released on Sept 4th from TDCJ after 4 years. I have 14 years left on parole. I met my husband while there and we were married as soon as I got home. The problem is that he lives in North Carolina and I am stuck in Texas. I told my po that I wanted to transfer to NC, she said we had to be married. We did that.... then she said I would have to be supervised for 3 months before the IC process could be started. I then talked to the supervisor who amended and said I needed to have 3 ua's on file and three home visits before the process could be started. I am coming up on my 3rd visit and UA. I was told I can not travel or if I did the IC process would not be started. either or visit or transfer. Then they told me it could take up to 6 months for the process. I am in compliance, I am not a drug crime nor aggrivated. Is there anyway to speed up the process or is this waiting a normal thing???? My hubby is to be deployed Dec 3 and we have children I need to be there to take care of . Would appreciate any help anyone can give
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2012, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuckintx View Post
I was released on Sept 4th from TDCJ after 4 years. I have 14 years left on parole. I met my husband while there and we were married as soon as I got home. The problem is that he lives in North Carolina and I am stuck in Texas. I told my po that I wanted to transfer to NC, she said we had to be married. We did that.... then she said I would have to be supervised for 3 months before the IC process could be started. I then talked to the supervisor who amended and said I needed to have 3 ua's on file and three home visits before the process could be started. I am coming up on my 3rd visit and UA. I was told I can not travel or if I did the IC process would not be started. either or visit or transfer. Then they told me it could take up to 6 months for the process. I am in compliance, I am not a drug crime nor aggrivated. Is there anyway to speed up the process or is this waiting a normal thing???? My hubby is to be deployed Dec 3 and we have children I need to be there to take care of . Would appreciate any help anyone can give
I've never heard of this. I thought the process was no longer than 2 months at the longest. My fiance is currently is NC and wants to come to Kentucky and he doesn't have to stay in the state for a period of time. Maybe it's different in every state, I am honestly not sure. Contact the IC of Texas, maybe they can help you. I contacted the people who deal with the IC of NC and it was a huge help.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:10 AM

There are a couple of problems that I foresee here. First, you met him while incarcerated and then married right after release, and then are asking for a transfer. NC is going to take a hard look at that and wonder if you are trying to game the system. What I mean is that they may think that you got married in order to try to qualify as a mandatory transfer. So how NC deals with that will factor into how long it will take. Officially, a response to the transfer request is SUPPOSED to take at most 45 days. But that rule is routinely violated. In your case, I don't see there Texas is under any requirement to put your transfer forward in a particular timeframe. I don't think this is a mandatory transfer, so they can set basically whatever qualification they want in order to even submit the paperwork for you. Your only recourse would be to go up the chain of command. But remember that you must be in 'substantial compliance' in order for a transfer to be initiated. However, the term substantial compliance is very subjective, as you are now learning.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:06 AM

I have a question. hoping someone will answer it for me.
My son is waiting for interstate compact also. He was elig for parole in the state of NV and wanting to come to Ny. His paper work was sent 09/27/2012, a parole officer was at my home happyly it was approved.Now how long does it take for the recieving state send everything back to the sending state vise versa.
Im kind of confused
Old 10-26-2012, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyles momma View Post
I have a question. hoping someone will answer it for me.
My son is waiting for interstate compact also. He was elig for parole in the state of NV and wanting to come to Ny. His paper work was sent 09/27/2012, a parole officer was at my home happyly it was approved.Now how long does it take for the recieving state send everything back to the sending state vise versa.
Im kind of confused
The longest part is over (the waiting for approval part) so now, to my understanding it shouldn't take very long at all.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:33 AM

Does anyone know if my fiance will most likely get approved from NC to KY? He will be staying with his mother and father and his little brother/sister since me and him are not married just yet. I know that that is considered a mandatory transfer. My fiance will have to try to find a job there but his parents can help support, etc..
Old 10-26-2012, 01:38 PM

Thank you Jess...My home was approved and now we are waiting on Nv..I keep getting we have lost 1500 employee's due to ecomoney. I understand that but it takes an additional 45 days so that makes him being in prision for another 60 days waiting on them to get his contract in order.

Kyles momma
The Following User Says Thank You to kyles momma For This Useful Post:
jessbrookex (11-04-2012)
Old 10-26-2012, 06:16 PM

i was wondering is it hard to transfer parole to nevada from ca, and how long does it usually take.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:47 AM
'Til the wheels fall off

Does the interstate compact agreement work the same for federal inmates? If not what or where do i find information about my LO releasing to another state? He is in Beaumont medium and i am in Oklahoma city.
Thank you for any responses.

Old 10-28-2012, 04:57 PM

The Interstate Compact system is only for state level offenders. Federal transfers are not under the Compact. As the federal PO for guidance.
The Following User Says Thank You to VA PO For This Useful Post:
alovesj (10-31-2012)
Old 10-29-2012, 10:29 AM

Default compact

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdj428 View Post
i was wondering is it hard to transfer parole to nevada from ca, and how long does it usually take.

I was told by Ronda Larson of parole and probation in Nevada that there is about a 1 yr waiting list for Cal.We have been waiting for my son to get a lock in date as for he is coming to Ny
Old 11-04-2012, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyles momma View Post
Thank you Jess...My home was approved and now we are waiting on Nv..I keep getting we have lost 1500 employee's due to ecomoney. I understand that but it takes an additional 45 days so that makes him being in prision for another 60 days waiting on them to get his contract in order.

Kyles momma
45 days for what?
Old 11-04-2012, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessbrookex View Post
45 days for what?
It takes an additional 45 days to get approved and than waiting on a release date. Its crazy. If I still lived in Las Vegas he would have been released around 09/23/12.He requested an interstate compact so it takes longer to get all the ducks in a row.

Kyles momma
Old 11-15-2012, 11:43 AM

Thumbs up I know a little

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyarianna View Post
Please help with little information, my husband is in Ga but all of the family - wife, child, sister, nieces and nephews live in South Carolina. I recently moved here for the reason of my husband to have more moral support upon release, we are his only family and will assist him and help him succeed in the future, we have a large network of friends for a chance of employment and I have even spoke with him about returning to school with me and he says he loves this idea. He is not from Ga and came there from Florida so he has no residency there, he couldnt even get bond due to not being from there, do you see this to be any problems
I am in the process of transferring my probation to S.C. as well. The only criteria you have to satisfy is having an adult relative in that state with a verifiable address that is willing to help support the probationer/parolee until he can get on his feet. Being from Florida shouldn't hamper the process because the sending state will be where ever he is released at. If you need any additional info on the interstate compact transfer process, you can Google South Carolina Interstate Compact PPP, or call the SC Interstate Compact Office at 803/734-9325, and speak with Ms. Jakes. She is so very helpful. Hope this helps.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:35 AM

Default looking for some help and advice

Hi There I am new to this site, well here is where i stand my future husband in down until 9/2015 he is currently in for fradulent schemes and artifices, possesion of forged instrument and taking the identity of another, prior years before this charge he was convicted of sexual conduct with a minor(a ex gf that was younger then him at the time he was 18 she was 15) i am trying to find out alot first when he is released he is going to be paroled for 1 year, now i am currently in Fla but looking to move to AZ next year to be closer temporarly I want to figure out if he will be able to relocate the parole to another state? second will he even be able to parole out in the state of AZ and live with me considering i have two boys as minors? very complicated yes indeed we are going to be married by the time he gets out so will that be at an advantage to him being able to live with me? Can anyone please guide me in the right direction here or help me out? I will be relocating to AZ in a few months and would love to connect to some other AZ gf or wifes!
Old 11-20-2012, 01:15 PM

You must be a resident of the receiving state for at least 6 mos prior to his application in order to be his sponsor. Because you are not married, you will not be considered family. Also, he cannot apply for interstate transfer unless he is within 120 days of release. As far as the minors, that depends, I can't answer that.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:15 PM

Default HELP (Montana 1381 or 1391)

My husband was granted an interstate compact from Montana to Idaho. After less than 6 months he picked up new charges of possession of meth. His charges here in Idaho are in the process of being taken care of. But Montana has an agents warrant with a hold on it due to his interstate compact. He has asked that I check into filing a motion for 1381 or 1391, or ask the state to 86 him... Please help....I do not know where to begin.
Sincerely,
Tammy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Searcher View Post
Spent 4 hours on the agreement today, last weeks date was wrong. I cant possible explain the changes. All states besides MASS are part of the now Federal Laws that govern the Insterstate Compact. I'll help anyone understand the inside scoop if they ask specific questions. This is a proffesional hobby of mine so, I think I'll have the best up to date info on ANY states guidlines. It is now standard and legal in all states but MASS.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:32 PM
Victorious in Spirit

Arrow Interstate Compact - New Arrest in State Transferred To

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyx4 View Post
My husband was granted an interstate compact from Montana to Idaho. After less than 6 months he picked up new charges of possession of meth. His charges here in Idaho are in the process of being taken care of. But Montana has an agents warrant with a hold on it due to his interstate compact. He has asked that I check into filing a motion for 1381 or 1391, or ask the state to 86 him... Please help....I do not know where to begin.
Sincerely,
Tammy

Hi Tammy - I work as a Transfer Coordinator for a State Probation/Parole office (been working in this capacity since 2000 - I've posted many times here in the past, just haven't been on this site in awhile!). I do not know what a Motion for 1381 or Motion for 1391 is - is that something to reduce or terminate his Montana sentence? Is your husband on probation or parole? And you saying that the "warrant/hold" from Montana is preventing his case in Idaho from ... what? Prosecution? Sentencing? I'll give you some relavent information, as best as I can, based on the information you provided. The sanctions for violating while on "parole" vs. "probation" are different.

His original charge(s)/sentence in Montana - once a person transfers out-of-state, that DOES NOT make his original sentence, nor terms and conditions of community supervision, null and void - they remain in full force, only under the jurisdiction of the receiving state. When your husband got arrested in Idaho, per the terms of the Interstate Compact, the Idaho agent was required to notify his Montana agent of the arrest, and ask what Montana wants to do. Any time an offender incurs a new arrest, it's a violation of their terms and conditions of probation/parole. This is regardless of a new conviction or not. Different Judges do different things - if a person is arrested but not convicted, the charges dropped, etc., many judges will set aside the violation, but there are those who won't - because the fact that he got arrested is an indication that he's either still involving himself in criminal activity/behavior or, against better judgment, is still "associating" with people who are not of good character (or known felons), who could potentially cause him to be "present" or "involved" in criminal activity (no matter how peripheral or non-existent his involvement is - it's the "guilty by association" assumption/predicament - most states have a "standard" condition of probation/parole prohibiting offenders from associating with "any known felons" and/or "anyone they know to be involved in any criminal activity or violations of any law of any unit of government," as well as one that refers to them, personally: "You shall not violate any laws of any unit of government").

So his new arrest gave cause for the Montana agent to issue a Warrant for Violation based on "new arrest" and/or "new criminal activity" and/or "new criminal conviction," depending on how far the case has progressed through the courts. Some states, depending on what charges their offenders were arrested for, will wait to issue a warrant and/or ask for extradition pending further investigation, final charges, conviction and/or sentence. Obviously, your husband's agent HAS issued a warrant - and even though I don't have all the facts about your husband's cases, it sounds like your husband received a jail sentence for his Idaho case? And he is telling you that they won't release him due to the "hold" on him from Montana? If so, that means they want him extradited (without release) to them to go before their judge for his violation. A "hold" means a person can't be released after arrest or after serving a sentence, because another agency wants him transported directly to their jurisdiction (for whatever the case may be). And it is just now, after getting this far in my writing, that I realize you are probably already past the stage of "wondering what they can do about his arrest in both states" or "what will happen" ... but I'll leave the info in, anyway, in case it's helpful to anyone else!

I've seen all kinds of scenarios take place - if the new arrest is for a misdemeanor, I've seen states not issue a warrant, but request an extension of the probation/parole term or add other conditions. I've also seen them neither issue a warrant nor modify conditions at all. For felony arrests, again, depending on what he was arrested for, a Violation Warrant is always issued ... sometimes they want the offender to come back to the sentencing state to face the judge at a violation hearing (this is pretty standard, and usually happens). If your husband gets a jail or prison sentence in Idaho, some states will make him finish his probation term after he finishes his jail/prison term, or, if he's on parole, will have to go back to the sentencing state and be returned to prison. Sometimes the sentencing state chooses to just terminate the community supervision.

There are lots of factors and variables, along with judges who will all make differing decisions, based on the circumstances. At this point, I don't know what your husband was arrested for in Idaho, nor what is going on with that case, and I don't know if he's on probation or parole. If you care to share any further information with me, you can instant message me, or post here (I'll check-off the e-mail notification - in case I "forget" to check back here!). I'll do my best to answer any questions you have - however, I do not live in either Montana or Idaho, so I'm not familiar with their laws and statutes (there's just several things that are pretty "standard" in every state, which I might be able to give you answers for).

I see you posted back on 11-8-12 ... I'm sorry if all this information came too late for you.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:05 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,034 Posts

If the sending state sends the ISC transfer request to the receiving state, does that mean the sending state has already decided the offender is in compliance and meets the criteria to go?
And if the receiving state sends back an acceptance for the transfer, how long does it typically take for the offender to be able to leave?
He is on felony probation, not parole and he is not incarcerated. The receiving state sent the acceptance today. Now his PO said something about the sending state having to investigate... investigate what??? Didn't they already do all that before sending the transfer request to the receiving state??
When do you all think he will be allowed to go home? Thanks!
Old 12-23-2012, 04:43 AM

My fiance's interstate compact request was just sent out. He is in Missouri. We live in California. I'm nervous that he will not b released in February. Is it true that California will take up to 120 days to respond to the receiving state for approval. Should I buy plane tickets or wait to hear from Missouri?!? The interstate request was sent out December 19th. If anyone has any advice I would appreciate it. Thanks
Old 12-24-2012, 08:06 AM

it can take alot longer for the state of california.When my sone was waiting in his interstate to Ny.I was told it can take up to 1 year. But who really knows
Old 12-30-2012, 01:43 AM

My ole man is doing flat time w/ no parole or nothing so when he gets out, does he still have to report to some body? Will he have to do anything special to come home to me where he is in TN and I am in KY? A word would be nice.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:03 AM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,164 Times in 13,319 Posts

If he is released at the end of his sentence, with no tail of either parole or probation, he can go wherever he wants to go. If he has either one of those, his PO keeper will have to approve.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
If he is released at the end of his sentence, with no tail of either parole or probation, he can go wherever he wants to go. If he has either one of those, his PO keeper will have to approve.

Tail? There are no stipulations, if that's what you mean. He will face no parole or anything. Thanks. Your info was most helpful.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:51 PM
Just Wondering

Quote:
Originally Posted by missallison98 View Post
My fiance's interstate compact request was just sent out. He is in Missouri. We live in California. I'm nervous that he will not b released in February. Is it true that California will take up to 120 days to respond to the receiving state for approval. Should I buy plane tickets or wait to hear from Missouri?!? The interstate request was sent out December 19th. If anyone has any advice I would appreciate it. Thanks

From what I understand, they have to investigate the home where he will be going to. They want to make sure there are no other people on Parole living there and if you have enough room and if there are no guns, etc. In other words they are investigating where he will be living and if it is appropriate. I have seen here where some were denied because after the inspection they said there was not enough room (which I assume means they figured too many peole already lived there). They want to be sure they are going to a place that is drug and alcohol free and that no one there may have a violence problem. That is my understaning of what they need to investigate.