Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > CAPITAL PUNISHMENT > Death Row & Capital Punishment Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Death Row & Capital Punishment Discussions Discussions relating to inmates on Death Row / facing capital punishment in the United States and abroad that don't fit into any of the other forums

Old 01-30-2015, 04:00 AM

Default Anyone here have a LO, friend or family on Deathrow GDCP, Jackson, GA?

Fellow sufferers wanted!!
Anyone here who has a LO, friend or family on DR at GDCP in Jackson, GA?
I'd love to get to know ppl who are kinda familiar with this subject sharing our thoughts and experience since I'm new to this.
Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2015, 10:43 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,924 Times in 1,592 Posts

Hi Hon, welcome to Prison Talk! I am really glad that you found us and that you made the decision to join! Welcome.

I do not have anyone in Georgia, but do have a loved one on DR. This site is incredibly helpful in decreasing the isolation you can feel in loving someone who is on death row. It can be very difficult for people to understand how someone stands by a friend, family member or loved one who is in jail. When we add that this person is on death row it can be virtually impossible for people to grasp. It is important to find supports where you can, and the people in this forum understand .

I hope that you can find someone from the same prison, but please know that there are people around the world who are here for you.

So...What's your point?

Old 02-01-2015, 01:06 AM

Thank you so much for your kind and warm words. It feels good to know there are people you can rely on. It's hard indeed to love someone on DR. And sometimes I feel kinda lost questioning myself if that what I'm doing is right especially since most people including friends and family just don't understand that. For most of them a DR inmate is a kinda "hopeless case who's almost dead already" cuz they will never get out prison ever again.
I try to focus on the positive things, the love and the fun I share with my guy. Not to mention that even a DR inmate is still a human being even if they aren't treated like that in prison.
I hope I can make it till the end. Thinking of my LO being executed one day is killing me already now. The pain you have to go thru loving someone on DR is a major ride and not easy to handle.
Old 02-02-2015, 11:02 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,924 Times in 1,592 Posts

It can be difficult to love anyone and to do the work necessary for a strong relationship. Sometimes the hardships of prison can be overwhelming, particularly when faced with the reality of continued legal involvement and knowing that people are working hard to kill someone I dearly love.

The future is uncertain for all of us; I can be stagnated by anticipatory worry or take each day as it comes and live in hope. I choose the latter! He stimulates me...makes me laugh...appreciates me...and shows more love than anyone I have known. I cannot imagine forfeiting this, even with the risks. I would never seek out a relationship with someone on DR, but after falling in love with my friend it didn't feel like I had much choice.

I hope for your sake that he has appeals, and that he is successful. I find it impossible to reconcile how killing someone is just, based on the identity of the killer. His killing someone was wrong. I don't believe the State is any more ethical or moral in planning his execution.

Stay strong.

So...What's your point?

Old 02-03-2015, 02:50 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsomniaCT View Post
It can be difficult to love anyone and to do the work necessary for a strong relationship. Sometimes the hardships of prison can be overwhelming, particularly when faced with the reality of continued legal involvement and knowing that people are working hard to kill someone I dearly love.

The future is uncertain for all of us; I can be stagnated by anticipatory worry or take each day as it comes and live in hope. I choose the latter! He stimulates me...makes me laugh...appreciates me...and shows more love than anyone I have known. I cannot imagine forfeiting this, even with the risks. I would never seek out a relationship with someone on DR, but after falling in love with my friend it didn't feel like I had much choice.

I hope for your sake that he has appeals, and that he is successful. I find it impossible to reconcile how killing someone is just, based on the identity of the killer. His killing someone was wrong. I don't believe the State is any more ethical or moral in planning his execution.

Stay strong.

I couldn't agree more. The overwhelming love and appreciation you get is worth everything. Makes it nearly impossible to give up on him despite the obstacles and all the difficulties. I never felt so loved and needed ever before. We might not be able to share many beautiful things in life together but this ain't no ordinary love and to me....may sound stupid and naive...but to me this love is worth the pain.
Yes...he still got appeals. Execution date got stayed once. You gotta appeal non stop.or you're dead. Anyway hope is the last thing to die. Hoping for a miracle. But hey, it's Georgia! :-( Won't get easy.
Thanks again. You stay strong as well! :-) <3