Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Georgia Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 04-27-2014, 06:08 PM

Default Need Info on GDCP Jackson, GA

Hello All, I'm in need of information on the Georgia Diagnostic and Classification Prison in Jackson, GA. My fiancé got there two weeks ago. They revoked his probation for six months and sent him there for classification etc. He's not allowed phone access at this time. Letters only. Does anyone know how long this classification process takes and where they may send him next? I've sent letters and pictures but can I send cards. Any information you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
T
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2014, 06:56 PM
♥Mike&Dawn♥

you wont kmow till he is transferred. that info is keep quiet. sorry.. but that is the way it is..

The best way to judge a society is by the way it cares for its prisoners.~Winston Churchill
Old 05-01-2014, 07:20 AM

Default Intake Process

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebj1030 View Post
Hello All, I'm in need of information on the Georgia Diagnostic and Classification Prison in Jackson, GA. My fiancé got there two weeks ago. They revoked his probation for six months and sent him there for classification etc. He's not allowed phone access at this time. Letters only. Does anyone know how long this classification process takes and where they may send him next? I've sent letters and pictures but can I send cards. Any information you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
T

When an inmate enters a State Prison for the first time he/she will be interested in what is expected as well as what will be provided by the Georgia Department of Corrections.
There are rules and regulations, which he/she will be expected to observe while in prison as one prepare for their release from prison. He/she will be allowed to earn opportunities to change their life habits that helped put him/her in prison. He/she can also learn skills that will help them find work that will hopefully keep someone from returning to prison.
After he/she are permanently assigned to a prison in the system, they will be assigned a counselor who will develop a program based on one’s individual needs and the needs of the prison to which you are assigned. He/she will be assigned to some form of work and some forms of vocational training. Counseling services are provided in several areas including, but not limited to, substance abuse treatment, anger management, and sex offender treatment. Religious and recreational activities are also available. He/she ability to participate in these programs will be determined by behavior and availability.

You may contact the local facility, call Ombudsman Unit at 478-992-5358, visit Georgia Department of Corrections website or email Ombudsman@dcor.state.ga.us for more information.