Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Georgia Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 08-22-2011, 03:48 PM

Unhappy Jackson Ga prison or GDCP

My son was moved to Jackson over 3 weeks ago. I have received letters but I have not received any calls.

Do they have visitation at Jackson? I am so sad and I miss my son terribly.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:08 PM

From reading other posts... he will not be able to call and only visitation is if he is in longer than 8 weeks or becomes a permanent at Jackson.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:03 AM

Default Blaine's Mom

Thank you so much for replying. You mean there is a chance he will remain there for his full sentence? I can't get any answers and I am about to go crazy. I cry every single day and the not knowing kills me.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramona2010 View Post
My son was moved to Jackson over 3 weeks ago. I have received letters but I have not received any calls.

Do they have visitation at Jackson? I am so sad and I miss my son terribly.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Hi Ramona,

My son was at Jackson/Ga Diagnostic. He was there about 7 1/2 weeks ( which is longer than the norm ) then was moved to a permanent camp. He could write but no phone calls. If he was still there after 60 days, he could have visitors. It's possible, but from my experience doubtful, he'll stay at Jackson. Jackson receives inmates everyday but ship inmates out on Tuesday's and Thursday's.

You can put money on his books either by money order or JPay. JPay charges a fee but it's faster. Once he gets to a permanent camp, it may take another 3-4 weeks to get his visitor's list approved and his phone list. Ga Dept of Corrections have contracted with Global Tel. We had our phone set up while our son was still at Jackson so there wouldn't be a wait when he WAS able to make a call.

They go thru all the diagnostic testing there. Eyes, dental, blood work , etc and classify him as either minimum, medium, close, or maximum. His security level will play a major role on where they send him.

Its a hard road and very frustrating. I would say be patient if you can, but I've never been able to do that....they have my son!!!

PM me if you want and I'll give you the phone numbers / contact persons I have spoken to and they have been helpful....hard to reach, but helpful when I did reach them.

Praying for you and your son.

Last edited by Fretful53; 08-24-2011 at 08:02 AM..
Old 01-29-2012, 09:49 PM

[Can I have any numbers you may have also? Can I also have the address you wrote him to. My son's father just got sent there.
Old 02-04-2012, 05:52 PM

my husband was just moved on 2/1 and he sent me a letter the same day the address on his letter is
HIS NAME GDC#__________
G.D.C.P
P.O. BOX 3877
JACKSON,GA 30233
their # i called to verify he was there 7705042000 when you call the operator will probably give you their bunk # but i didnt put that on my letter because my husband said he was moved after he did his testing