Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

Old 04-15-2007, 12:57 AM

Unhappy He's in trouble, how can I help him get through it?

I haven't seen him in 4 months. So yesterday was the day I was supposed to visit him. I was eagerly excited all week and slept about 4 hours. I dressed up all sexy in a new dress (as much as you could on a prison visit but in a classy way). I took 2 trains and the prison van to get there (total 2.5 hr commute). I walk in and give his ID number and they tell me he's in the hole (so can't receive visits). I'm sad and so worried about him!

I have to wait until Monday to speak to his social worker to find out the reason why and how long he'll be in there. He has been in the hole since Thursday, last we spoke was Tuesday. Most likely he wrote me about it but the mail is slow to get to me since I'm in another state plus since I moved he's been screwing up my apt number because of my handwriting so his mail could be lost (he said he mailed a letter 8 days ago and he is honest so I should have been got it!)

He was well-behaved and has stayed out of trouble for the past year he's been locked up. Next month we were supposed to get a final approval for his halfway house application. Now our dreams of his early freedom (halfway house/work release) could possibly be shot. His chances of parole in December could also possibly be shot. I'm hoping he's not hurt or going nuts in there. He's strong but I can't imagine how difficult it must be in solitary confinement. I texted his brothers about his status and they didn't respond (they are hard to get via phone & don't return calls, 16 yr old and 20 yr old). My best friend didn't even respond to my text about his status (I need support). I don't want to tell his mom cause her birthday is Monday and she & his grandma will cry and stress over him until its over. Should I tell her if she asks me why he didn't call on her birthday (this coming Monday)? I know she gonna ask me if I heard from him. I don't know if his brothers told her. I cannot lie, honesty is my virtue plus we're Christian. How should I break the news to her so that she don't worry? I am not good at cheering people up or soothing them.

I am gonna pray he's okay and that his write-up is for something minor that won't affect the halfway house approval. I'm gonna send him a card. My printer is out of commission so I can't send him jokes/articles/pics but I can buy him a book. If I can get to Barnes & Nobles I'll have them ship his favorite magazines. What else can I do to help the both of us through this tough moment? Any suggestions for good non-fiction books?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2007, 01:17 AM
OX~I Miss You Daddy~OX

Your situation is tough,but honesty is the most important thing to keep at this time.If he's Mother is to ask if you have heard from him you should tell her no cause you haven't. For you to drive all that way up to him and then be turned away cause he got in trouble is hard to deal with.It shows the amount of way you will go to try to get to him. And thats love. I'm not sure what is a good book other than Dean KnootZ my brothers and Boyfriend seem to like him. My Man usually askes me for a Magazine, An ATV or Stuff,FHM,Maximum. I hope that I have helped you in some way,just don't bring it up unless it's brought up and then if it is just stay honest with her.

Last edited by Daddy'sBabydoll; 04-15-2007 at 01:19 AM..
Old 04-15-2007, 01:35 AM
Banned

Location: mi cuerpo es en ny & mi corazon es down in FCI Fed-N.J.

hola chica hi again jamaican chula.and i say dont say nada. nothing at all.just do not bring it up first. wait and see if his madre' brings him up and then if i was you i will tell her.the truth is always the best policy chula. so that is my advice. i hope your papi do not mess up december.and good luck with all your going through pm me anytime chica adios besos...hugs.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:55 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy'sBabydoll
Your situation is tough,but honesty is the most important thing to keep at this time.If he's Mother is to ask if you have heard from him you should tell her no cause you haven't. For you to drive all that way up to him and then be turned away cause he got in trouble is hard to deal with.It shows the amount of way you will go to try to get to him. And thats love. I'm not sure what is a good book other than Dean KnootZ my brothers and Boyfriend seem to like him. My Man usually askes me for a Magazine, An ATV or Stuff,FHM,Maximum. I hope that I have helped you in some way,just don't bring it up unless it's brought up and then if it is just stay honest with her.
I love Dean Koontz novels, he's my favorite! I guess now is a good time to introduce him to Koontz, he's an interesting read if you like suspense with supernatural themes. Thanks!
Old 04-15-2007, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel,i love u
hola chica hi again jamaican chula.and i say dont say nada. nothing at all.just do not bring it up first. wait and see if his madre' brings him up and then if i was you i will tell her.the truth is always the best policy chula. so that is my advice. i hope your papi do not mess up december.and good luck with all your going through pm me anytime chica adios besos...hugs.
Hola,
Gracias! I will wait until his mother asks me and won't bring it up first. I guess by Monday I will find out his situation and just hope that his punishment isn't for long.