Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CONNECTICUT > Connecticut Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Connecticut Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release and community service in Connecticut should be posted here.

Old 09-27-2010, 05:26 PM

Default Transitional Supervision

I am facing possible jail time (probably a year, hopefully less), and I had a few questions I hope someone can answer:

(1) My biggest problem is that my mom's on section 8, and technically someone on section 8 cannot sponsor you. My question is whether they really check. A few years ago I participated in the 30-day re-entry program (which no longer exists I guess) and came to my mom's with no problem.

(2) Does everyone on TS have to wear an ankle bracelet? How large is the radius ... what if I just slept in the car in their driveway?

(3) Can someone have a sponsor but then move, say to a shelter or even an inpatient drug rehab program?

(4) What if I TS'd to someone's house, but then said I needed to care for my mom overnight (she's in a wheelchair) ... she could even say she pays me for this.

All I know is that I want to get out on my TS date, have no friends willing to have me couch surf for six months, and am willing to do anything to get out ASAP.

Any help anyone could offer would be highly appreciated......
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2010, 05:57 PM

Hi--first welcome to PTO. I really hope your time goes quickly and that you do not do a full year.

As far as your questions, here is what I have been able to figure out for you. On the surface (based on your sentence) you should qualify--provided that you do not get any tickets. You have to be released to a person that is willing to take responsibility for you though. You can get released to your mom's place even though she has Section 8 so long as you are already on her lease. So that is the big question. Are you on her lease? I've never heard of people that are TS'd wearing monitoring bracelets. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

I got that information from page 5 of the CT DOC Family and Friends handbook. If you click HERE you can access it and read it as well.