Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Member Introductions & Bull in Session Lounge
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Member Introductions & Bull in Session Lounge Introductions forum for California members and a place to discuss non-prison related topics with other people in the State.

Old 05-30-2009, 03:06 PM

Default braves_wifey - South Dakota

my husband is native american and we live in south dakota before he got sent to victorville california...anyone out there know of anything i can get info on the area? i am relocating to california jus to be near my babe...
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2009, 02:57 PM
Always Remembered
Donation Award 

Thanked 30,844 Times in 11,079 Posts

For info, the Cali folks can give you plenty; for more on the Federal system, try our Federal Forum.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:44 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by braves_wifey View Post
my husband is native american and we live in south dakota before he got sent to victorville california...anyone out there know of anything i can get info on the area? i am relocating to california jus to be near my babe...
Years ago I lived in Phelan and then Hesperia, which are just a couple of towns over from Victorville. I believe the prison is actually located in Adelanto and not Victorville. Adelanto used to have a pretty bad reputation but like I said, I lived there years ago.

I think for most people moving to the high desert the weather is the biggest adjustment. There is a definite chill in the air whenever the sun goes down and there is some snow in the winter. The summer is like a furnace blast and there are a lot of windy days in the desert. And a lot of blowing dust and sand. Also you will see a few flash floods so don't ever think you can drive through a puddle when the rain is pouring down. One good thing is that there is not enough moisture for fleas to live so if you have a pet you never have to worry about that. And the best thing (in my opinion) is the sky. You'll be able to see lots and lots of very blue sky. And other colors, there is usually a spectacular sunrise and sunset.

There is a lot of shopping nearby and from my recent visits there are a lot of people, a lot of traffic and a lot of new construction.

Enjoy your adventure!! and good luck.