Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk > GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions Please post topics or discussions here that do not fit in the appropriate state or federal forums.

Old 01-10-2006, 04:41 PM

Default MCI is making me fight with my boyfriend! Do phone problems do this to anyone else?

This phone stuff is stressing me out one day there is a block the next there isn't! As soon as he called me today I just started screaming at him and he said after this phone call I am not gonna call back anymore So I told him he better I can't go the rest of his time without talking to him! It was one big mess and all over a stupid phone company. Thankfully it is only 86 more days and then no MCI!!!!! Anybody else argued with there love one due to the stress of the phone?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2006, 08:50 AM
loving my man

Yes he gets really mad at me when they block the phone. Like I can help it! I'm not rich!!! And sometimes they just block it for no reason it seems like - because i will call them and they will just remove it. They are a pain and he just doesn't understand how much we have to go through to keep the lines of communication open!

Old 01-11-2006, 09:33 AM
Closed

i had the same problem when he first went in. i got a new line hooked up so he can call and it took verizon a week to come out and hook it up. then a week later the phone went dead so they had to come back out. i went through it with them for about 3 weeks cuz every other day my phone would go out. he kept telling me that im not trying to get it fixed and that i dont want to talk to him all that crazy stuff. i finally got it fixed in the end of oct, but now its blocked cuz i have to pay the bill. he finally came to terms that he cant call and it will take me awhile to pay the bill ($1450)
Old 01-11-2006, 03:07 PM
Banned

Yor lucky you have such little time left. I have many many more years to deal with MCI
Old 01-11-2006, 04:32 PM

I was just on the phone boohooing to them and they told me my block could take up to 3-5 working days!!! I can't go that long without talking to him. I hate MCI!!!! I am quick to pay them but they can take forever to unblock me what's up with that?
Old 01-11-2006, 08:43 PM
In Love with Him

why would it take that long for them to unblock you?

anyway yeah weve argue of the phones before along with everything else that we both have no control over

Old 01-11-2006, 11:04 PM

Well I had a bill in my name and owed MCI was gonna pay it off when I got my income taxes back didn't think it was a big deal. I decided to go back to Cincinnati Bell cause I hated the digital phone thing. We were getting straight collect calls then Cincinnati Bell decided that they didn't want to deal with the billing so everyone had to open a prepaid account. I opened it and decided I wanted the rollover account when we are out of money they come through as regular collect calls well about a week goes by and they realize that I have a past due bill no problem I dipped in my savings and pay it immediately. Well it takes that long to receive the information don't ask me. So in a nutshell that's why. Sucks huh?
Old 01-12-2006, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inlovewithmrcar
This phone stuff is stressing me out one day there is a block the next there isn't! As soon as he called me today I just started screaming at him and he said after this phone call I am not gonna call back anymore So I told him he better I can't go the rest of his time without talking to him! It was one big mess and all over a stupid phone company. Thankfully it is only 86 more days and then no MCI!!!!! Anybody else argued with there love one due to the stress of the phone?
Why would you scream at him because of the phone problems? He didn't have anything to do with those problems and may have been just as upset as you were. Can't say that I blame him for what he said to you.

Instead of yelling at him, would have been better for you to say, "I'm so happy to hear your voice, etc." And then you demand that he continue to call you. Oh boy. I see problems ahead when he gets out.
Old 01-12-2006, 01:22 PM

The reason behind my yelling is that he does not call when he is supposed to. The phone situation has my stomach in knots worrying on a daily basis if it is blocked. That is why we set up times for him to call and when he does not call I already figure that it is blocked. When he did call all of my frustration went towards him because this could have been prevented! Thanks so much for your advice and believe you me there will be no problems when he gets out because there will be no MCI!!!!
Old 01-12-2006, 03:37 PM

Not to hit your hot button, but you apparently didn't get the meaning of what I said. Read it again and think about it please.

And - maybe there is a reason why he can't call when you tell him to? He doesn't have the freedom to call you at a certain hour on a certain day just because you tell him to. Give him a break, please.
Old 01-12-2006, 03:48 PM
over with

All i can say about MCI is at this point I hate them been trying 2 weeks to set up prepaid between lost fax's and lost mail im ready to scream.