Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > CDCR - What You Need to Know > California Prison Visitation - General Q&A
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Prison Visitation - General Q&A This forum is for general, nonspecific questions & discussions related to visitation in California facilities. If you have a question about or want to discuss visitation in a specific facility, please visit that facility's subforum in the California forum.

Old 11-17-2017, 04:44 PM

Default I was denied visitation over a warrant

Hello my man is at north kern state and I just got a letter saying that I was denied for visits due to a minor warrant that I had but I recently just went to court to handle that , since I've been denied can I reapply or how does that work ?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2017, 05:11 PM

Well, I am not sure how it will work. But I believe most states, since they know you've committed a crime, may deny you visitation. I have a few minor misdemeanors and was able to see my guy in another state. Not sure if it was because my crimes occurred in another state or If it has to do with them being minor and I have never been imprisoned. I have read having been imprisoned can make a difference.

Apply again though! Better to try and be denied than not try and wonder/worry.
Old 11-17-2017, 05:21 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 29,507 Times in 13,748 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashbash100 View Post
Hello my man is at north kern state and I just got a letter saying that I was denied for visits due to a minor warrant that I had but I recently just went to court to handle that , since I've been denied can I reapply or how does that work ?
If you aren't on parole or probation, if you have no pending court case and the two of you are not co-defendants I would reapply. Since your warrant is taken care of I wouldn't think it wouldn't be an issue.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
miamac (11-17-2017), Patrickj (11-17-2017), Scott (11-18-2017)
Old 11-17-2017, 05:49 PM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 1,637 Times in 807 Posts

Quote:

Reapply. Answer all question honestly submit proof of correction of the warrant.( Minute order from the court date) You should be approved.
Should you be denied again appeal this decision to the Warden, with the proof that all warrants are cleared.
Like previously mentioned as long as you are not co-defendants, there is no type of domestic violence on the record, or any stay away orders against either party on the other party (you against the inmate or inmate against you)
Try again and best of luck.
miamac (11-17-2017), patchouli (11-19-2017), Scott (11-18-2017)
Old 11-19-2017, 01:08 PM

Okay my bad ! So I was totally incorrect I assumed it was because of the warrant but when I read over the letter it says the reason I was denied was because of a missed signature either on my end or his and to just resubmit a form with correct signatures but I'm wondering if there's anyway they can speed up the approval process if that's the only thing I'm missing and I don't even know who to contact about this because everytime I call the prison I get no response . He's at north kern state prison
The Following User Says Thank You to Ashbash100 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (11-19-2017)
Old 11-19-2017, 01:30 PM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 1,637 Times in 807 Posts

Quote:
Okay my bad ! So I was totally incorrect I assumed it was because of the warrant but when I read over the letter it says the reason I was denied was because of a missed signature either on my end or his and to just resubmit a form with correct signatures but I'm wondering if there's anyway they can speed up the approval process if that's the only thing I'm missing and I don't even know who to contact about this because everytime I call the prison I get no response . He's at north kern state prison
If it is on his end you will need a visiting form with his signature on it then you fill it out. If it your signature missing sign it and resubmit. You will need to speak to someone over visiting . The visiting L.t or the Sargent
patchouli (11-19-2017)
Old 11-19-2017, 03:06 PM
She's Home! Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,889 Times in 1,652 Posts

I will caution you that it is possible that the warrant will still create an issue if it hasn't been quashed or otherwise resolved. I would still make sure to have the court minutes, just in case.

Hopefully it will not be an issue though and everything has been processed by the court

-E
The Colorblind Moderator (I'm not even going to try to use green down here, I'll embarass myself! LOL!) Currently assisting in all forums and actively monitoring Wives and Girlfriends in Prison and the California forums.

#ByeCDCR #TimesUp #HomeForChristmas