Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ALABAMA > Alabama General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Alabama General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Alabama that do not fit into any other Alabama subforum. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind in addition to prison.

Old 01-23-2008, 07:00 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,361 Times in 4,630 Posts
Default Support the Second Chance Act!!

Hi. I'm visiting ya'll in the Alabama forum (see - I'm working on my "lingo") to ask for your help. The Second Chance Act has passed the House in Congress and is now supposed to be voted on in the U.S. Senate (Senate Bill 1060.) The Second Chance Act will provide grants to states to improve their re-entry programs for released inmates. It will also provide transitional programs for federal prisoners as well.

HOWEVER,
Sen. Jeff Sessions of Alabama has put a hold on the bill. Another forum member spoke to Senator Biden's office said they were trying to work to get the hold removed.

Since Senators will only listen to voters from their home districts, I'm asking Alabama PTO members to please call or email Senator Sessions and politely ask that he support the Second Chance Act and allow it a vote in the U.S. Senate.

Sen. Sessions' number in Washington, DC : 202-224-4124

He has offices throughout Alabama. You can also email him on his Senate website. http://sessions.senate.gov/email/contact.cfm

Thanks!! Zelda (Oregon)
The Following User Says Thank You to Zelda50 For This Useful Post:
heaven_lee_2008 (01-03-2010)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2008, 11:52 AM
vamom

I just sent a letter saying who he really will hurt is the innocent families that will have to support these released felons.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:39 AM
MizzChellieLell

Thumbs up Letter Sent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda50 View Post
Hi. I'm visiting ya'll in the Alabama forum (see - I'm working on my "lingo") to ask for your help. The Second Chance Act has passed the House in Congress and is now supposed to be voted on in the U.S. Senate (Senate Bill 1060.) The Second Chance Act will provide grants to states to improve their re-entry programs for released inmates. It will also provide transitional programs for federal prisoners as well.

HOWEVER,
Sen. Jeff Sessions of Alabama has put a hold on the bill. Another forum member spoke to Senator Biden's office said they were trying to work to get the hold removed.

Since Senators will only listen to voters from their home districts, I'm asking Alabama PTO members to please call or email Senator Sessions and politely ask that he support the Second Chance Act and allow it a vote in the U.S. Senate.

Sen. Sessions' number in Washington, DC : 202-224-4124

He has offices throughout Alabama. You can also email him on his Senate website. http://sessions.senate.gov/email/contact.cfm

Thanks!! Zelda (Oregon)
I sent an email regarding this issue. Another place you might want to check out if you want to get this message to more people is :

http://care2.com