Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Probation, Parole & Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Probation, Parole & Supervision Having problems (or need info) with Probation, Parole or Community Corrections & Supervision?? Lets talk about it here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1676  
Old 03-20-2017, 12:16 PM
Davenport Ash Davenport Ash is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: California US
Posts: 2
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hello I want to first thank y'all for all the information I've skimmed through this and I appreciate the time put in to helping me and my family now here goes my husband is a Ca inmate he has spent 6 years in private out of state prisons our daughter and I have followed him and we are currently residing in Arizona about 2 miles from prison we'll he has only 8 months left and I just found out r him to meet transfers guidelines his fines must be paid off is there anyway around this ? He owes just under two grand but I just don't have that right now any and all advice and direction is greatly appreciated
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #1677  
Old 03-20-2017, 12:32 PM
edyjr60's Avatar
edyjr60 edyjr60 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: woodruff,sc
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

first, what kind of fines does he owe? & to who or what agency? and is him paying the fines keeping him inside as a stipulation or just keeping him from being able to move?
my E-mail:email address removed per PTO policy, contact member using the private message system would be easier if I can help or at-least give u some ideas, be glad to assist!

Last edited by fbopnomore; 03-20-2017 at 06:24 PM..
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to edyjr60 For This Useful Post:
Davenport Ash (03-20-2017)
  #1678  
Old 03-20-2017, 03:49 PM
Davenport Ash Davenport Ash is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: California US
Posts: 2
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

He just owes court ordered fines to the state of California its not a stipulation yo be paid before release but I've been told in order for him to be considered for transfer of parole from Ca to Az he must have it paid in full
Reply With Quote
  #1679  
Old 03-23-2017, 10:44 PM
QueenTuff QueenTuff is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: California USA
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Transfer parole to NC

Good evening. I am in same situation reside in NC husband is housed in CA. We are looking into how he can transfer upon his release and the process. How did it work out for you? Was NC receptive to your husband's transfer? Any suggestions? Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #1680  
Old 03-24-2017, 12:02 AM
miamac's Avatar
miamac miamac is offline
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

 

Join Date: May 2013
Location: ORnativeAZresCAtied
Posts: 8,175
Thanks: 10,540
Thanked 13,845 Times in 5,329 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davenport Ash View Post
He just owes court ordered fines to the state of California its not a stipulation yo be paid before release but I've been told in order for him to be considered for transfer of parole from Ca to Az he must have it paid in full
We are in a similar boat...he's in CA, our home is in AZ. He owes restitution that won't bar his release but AZ is hard and fast about not accepting ICs with outstanding restitution. I've yet to see anything that waives this. :/
Reply With Quote
  #1681  
Old 08-11-2017, 02:05 PM
matthew kyle matthew kyle is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: montana
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I am attempting interstate compact from Montana to Washington state , I am on 4 years suspended here in mt for DUI 34 (a felony here), I was born and raised in wa state, 1959 to 1992, have lived in mt since,
I have no prison or probation violations, My mother lives in wa, (83 years old) she needs my help.
?what are the possibilities of the interstate compact being approved,
Initially I will stay with her, however with her age she is not interested in supervising me, in other words, probation can not actually count on her to help them police me, thank you. if I did this question wrong, please advise me how to ask questions in 'prison talk, thank you
Reply With Quote
  #1682  
Old 08-11-2017, 02:06 PM
matthew kyle matthew kyle is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: montana
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

that is DUI #4 four in Montana a felony
Reply With Quote
  #1683  
Old 08-12-2017, 05:56 AM
fbopnomore fbopnomore is offline
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 24,815
Thanks: 34,860
Thanked 17,194 Times in 10,379 Posts
Default

File your application and see what the Interstate compact folks say. If your Mom puts too many conditions in play, it probably won't help. I hope they approve your move to Washington.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1684  
Old 08-15-2017, 08:51 AM
Quackenbooboo Quackenbooboo is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Alabama
Posts: 19
Thanks: 17
Thanked 12 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Georgia interstate Compact to Georgia.(TPM April 2018. PIC date June 30,2017) Searching for info on the compact. Georgia sent paperwork to Alabama. Spoke with alabama office and was told paperwork was sent to county office August 2, 2017. Local office says they don't have it? Anyone know how long these things take?? Trying to call and speak with someone not so easy now. Any advice or insight?? Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #1685  
Old 08-15-2017, 08:54 AM
Quackenbooboo Quackenbooboo is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Alabama
Posts: 19
Thanks: 17
Thanked 12 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
File your application and see what the Interstate compact folks say. If your Mom puts too many conditions in play, it probably won't help. I hope they approve your move to Washington.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackenbooboo View Post
Georgia interstate Compact to Georgia.(TPM April 2018. PIC date June 30,2017) Searching for info on the compact. Georgia sent paperwork to Alabama. Spoke with alabama office and was told paperwork was sent to county office August 2, 2017. Local office says they don't have it? Anyone know how long these things take?? Trying to call and speak with someone not so easy now. Any advice or insight?? Thanks
Sorry georgia to alabama
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Quackenbooboo For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (08-15-2017)
  #1686  
Old 08-15-2017, 10:37 AM
GaReform GaReform is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 751
Thanks: 428
Thanked 1,216 Times in 498 Posts
Default

It looks like the holdup is Alabama.Do you have the name of the person at the Alabama DOC & the local office? Maybe you can contact the Alabama DOC person & tell them that the local office doesn't have it. Then ask what to do to get things rolling. Here is a link that has info on all the states key people dealing with interstate compacts. Alabama's is 1st on the list. http://www.interstatecompact.org/generate-directory/pdf
Here is a link to a re-entry group in Alabama that might have some ideas to help. Even if they can't help with the IC, they might assist if it's approved & you need help.
http://ajmn.org/CPR_network.html
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GaReform For This Useful Post:
Quackenbooboo (08-17-2017)
  #1687  
Old 08-17-2017, 12:11 AM
Quackenbooboo Quackenbooboo is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Alabama
Posts: 19
Thanks: 17
Thanked 12 Times in 7 Posts
Default

I called today at the local office and they lady that answered the phone said they did not have anything with his name so I called the interstate compact people and she again told me it was sent 8/2/17. That I needed to talk to the local PO I did last week. So thankfully she was extremely helpful and told me to call her back in 5 minutes which I did and finally got her after about 20 she said that she spoke with the pO personally and he had it and will be doing investigation. He hasn't called to verify address yet i would love to know an average of how long it takes to investigate he has a job lined up we all are just waiting on him to be released. Thank you all
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Quackenbooboo For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (08-17-2017)
  #1688  
Old 08-17-2017, 10:57 AM
fbopnomore fbopnomore is offline
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 24,815
Thanks: 34,860
Thanked 17,194 Times in 10,379 Posts
Default

It will depend on the PO who is assigned the home plan investigation. Since they dropped the ball the first time, I hope they will try to resolve his parole as quickly as possible.
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fbopnomore For This Useful Post:
Quackenbooboo (08-17-2017)
  #1689  
Old 08-17-2017, 02:28 PM
Quackenbooboo Quackenbooboo is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Alabama
Posts: 19
Thanks: 17
Thanked 12 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
It will depend on the PO who is assigned the home plan investigation. Since they dropped the ball the first time, I hope they will try to resolve his parole as quickly as possible.
Thank you me too!!!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Quackenbooboo For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (08-17-2017)
  #1690  
Old 08-28-2017, 01:54 PM
WA CCO WA CCO is offline
Parole Officer
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Tacoma, WA
Posts: 348
Thanks: 48
Thanked 299 Times in 175 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackenbooboo View Post
I called today at the local office and they lady that answered the phone said they did not have anything with his name so I called the interstate compact people and she again told me it was sent 8/2/17. That I needed to talk to the local PO I did last week. So thankfully she was extremely helpful and told me to call her back in 5 minutes which I did and finally got her after about 20 she said that she spoke with the pO personally and he had it and will be doing investigation. He hasn't called to verify address yet i would love to know an average of how long it takes to investigate he has a job lined up we all are just waiting on him to be released. Thank you all
They have up to 45 days to investigate the plan once the officer is assigned the investigation.
Reply With Quote
  #1691  
Old 08-28-2017, 09:10 PM
Quackenbooboo Quackenbooboo is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Alabama
Posts: 19
Thanks: 17
Thanked 12 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WA CCO View Post
They have up to 45 days to investigate the plan once the officer is assigned the investigation.
Do you know what it is they investigate??? No one has called the addressee or the potential employers either? I just don't know what it is they investigating and why it's been over 20 days lol. Halfway point I guess that is a blessing !
Do you know what happens after? Like when it is approved how long until release date? Is that another 45 days? Any help will be appreciated
Reply With Quote
  #1692  
Old 08-31-2017, 11:58 PM
WA CCO WA CCO is offline
Parole Officer
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Tacoma, WA
Posts: 348
Thanks: 48
Thanked 299 Times in 175 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackenbooboo View Post
Do you know what it is they investigate??? No one has called the addressee or the potential employers either? I just don't know what it is they investigating and why it's been over 20 days lol. Halfway point I guess that is a blessing !
Do you know what happens after? Like when it is approved how long until release date? Is that another 45 days? Any help will be appreciated
It's going to be similar to a parole/probation plan. Basically, does the residence place him in violation and are you willing to accept him living there.

Again, the 45 days begins when the plan is assigned to the officer. Sometimes it can take a week or two for it to get that far.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WA CCO For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (09-01-2017), Quackenbooboo (09-01-2017)
  #1693  
Old 09-01-2017, 07:00 AM
Quackenbooboo Quackenbooboo is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Alabama
Posts: 19
Thanks: 17
Thanked 12 Times in 7 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by WA CCO View Post
It's going to be similar to a parole/probation plan. Basically, does the residence place him in violation and are you willing to accept him living there.

Again, the 45 days begins when the plan is assigned to the officer. Sometimes it can take a week or two for it to get that far.
Thank you for answering. The local officer received it August 3, the jobs or home haven't been called or visited yet the 45 days will be up in a couple of weeks. We will just continue to wait patiently lol.
Reply With Quote
  #1694  
Old 09-24-2017, 10:04 AM
keloNerikah keloNerikah is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Fairbanks, Ak
Posts: 5
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Rule 5.105 - Time allowed for retaking an offender
A sending state shall retake an offender within 30 calendar days after the offender has been taken into custody on the sending state’s warrant and the offender is being held solely on the sending state’s warrant.

History: Adopted November 4, 2003, effective August 1, 2004; amended August 28, 2013, effective March 1, 2014.

So what does this mean?? What happens after the 30 days?
Reply With Quote
  #1695  
Old 11-04-2017, 12:41 PM
chris idoc's Avatar
chris idoc chris idoc is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: springfield, il
Posts: 310
Thanks: 73
Thanked 270 Times in 140 Posts
Default

Kelo,
The issuing state would withdraw their warrant, if the person was being held on the warrant only without any new charges.
Take Care Chris
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Out of State Transfers through the Interstate Compact Agreement kristinam79 California Parole, Probation & Release 152 02-10-2011 05:25 PM
WA/OST Prairie Creek (MN) Q&A.....? MikeJrsMom Washington Prisons & Jail Specific Discussions 38 08-30-2007 12:22 PM
Interstate Compact from a Texas Prison-Definitions and Proceedures Retired-18 Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service 4 01-30-2005 11:30 AM
Corrections Compact Transfers In and Out of State wannamae Oklahoma General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat 2 04-21-2004 11:02 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:30 AM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics