Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk > GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions Please post topics or discussions here that do not fit in the appropriate state or federal forums.

Old 05-25-2018, 05:34 AM

Exclamation Looking for a call app so I can forward his calls

Hi everyone!
I have the ConnectNetwork account that i pay for Prepaid Collect Calls on for my boyfriend.
Well my phone totally broke a week ago and i dont necessary have the funds to fix it or buy another.
But i set my phone up to forward his calls to my friends phone that is boost mobile, it works.
But im not able to be constantly using her phone and such so ive been trying to look for one of those free calling apps that gives you a phone number to forward his calls to like textnow (which worked but when i answered the call it just ended) i also tried google voice but it was just a mess and confusing it didnt work.
So now im stuck and i dont want to set up another call app account just to find out it doesnt work when he calls and miss talking to him again.
Just gotta find a call app i can forward his calls to and have it work hopefully! Thank you!
Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2018, 05:41 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 32,656 Times in 14,989 Posts

Call forwarding is not allowed per DOC / BOP policies. If / when it is discovered, your calls will be blocked.
Welcome to PTO

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
AndyS (05-25-2018), His_Queen13 (05-26-2018), MissStar (05-25-2018), Scott (05-26-2018)
Old 05-25-2018, 05:52 AM

Ive been aware of that and i hope that doesnt happen considering its the only way im able to talk to him right now. Nothing bad has happened so far, and the way i have my broken phone set up is it doesnt get any calls/rings to the phone itself, the calls dont even show up in my call log. They all go straight to my friends phone. Im curious on how theyd be able to find out that was happening
Thank you! Ive been stressed for months w this whole jail thing
Im glad i found this site to help me out
Old 05-25-2018, 07:49 AM

Thanked 2,753 Times in 957 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madsft View Post
Ive been aware of that and i hope that doesnt happen considering its the only way im able to talk to him right now. Nothing bad has happened so far, and the way i have my broken phone set up is it doesnt get any calls/rings to the phone itself, the calls dont even show up in my call log. They all go straight to my friends phone. Im curious on how theyd be able to find out that was happening
Thank you! Ive been stressed for months w this whole jail thing
Im glad i found this site to help me out
The thing is what you’ve been doing is not allowed and no one here is going to help you find another way to break the rules. It’s understandable that you want to talk to your boyfriend but skirting the rules is not the way.

How will they find out? The have very sophisticated systems to detect call forwarding (its prison after all). While they may let it go until they are able to disable your calls it WILL happen and then you won’t be talking to him except through paper and pen.

The rules are there for a reason and people that break the rules make them harsher, which affects all of us.

“Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own”

Last edited by AndyS; 05-25-2018 at 07:51 AM..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AndyS For This Useful Post:
MissStar (05-25-2018), Sarianna (05-26-2018), sass4221 (05-25-2018), Scott (05-26-2018)
Old 05-25-2018, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
The thing is what you’ve been doing is not allowed and no one here is going to help you find another way to break the rules. It’s understandable that you want to talk to your boyfriend but skirting the rules is not the way.

How will they find out? The have very sophisticated systems to detect call forwarding (its prison after all). While they may let it go until they are able to disable your calls it WILL happen and then you won’t be talking to him except through paper and pen.

The rules are there for a reason and people that break the rules make them harsher, which affects all of us.

Understandable totally! I definitely dont want to mess anything up and hes actually not in a prison hes in a medium security jail extension which really all just confuses me because this is the first relationship ive been in where other gets incarcerated let alone i havent either nor know too
Much about it. Thank you for your advice
Old 05-25-2018, 08:16 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 32,656 Times in 14,989 Posts

Jails usually have the same "no call forwarding" (and no 3-way or 3rd party calls) policy

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (05-26-2018)
Old 05-25-2018, 08:41 AM

Thanked 2,573 Times in 1,214 Posts

I would ask friend or family member if they have an old phone lying around you could connect. Sometimes people forget they hooked up a new one and left an older one in a draw. It will be cheaper to do this and safer.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onedayatatime13 For This Useful Post:
AndyS (05-25-2018), Sarianna (05-26-2018)
Old 05-25-2018, 11:32 AM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 9,387 Times in 3,954 Posts

See if you can pick up a cheap phone. You shouldn't be risking losing calls or getting your loved one into trouble. Then see if you can get a sim with a number local to him.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
The Following User Says Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (05-26-2018)
Old 05-25-2018, 12:59 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 20,159 Times in 11,766 Posts

Now that so many folks are paying $1000.00+ for a new phone, the cost of replacing your phone could be prohibitive There are still some cell phones available at Walmart for $30.00. You can either purchase prepaid minutes, or have the provider of your old phone change your service to the new one. My advice is to shop around for something you can afford instead of doing something that violates the prison/jail phone policy.