Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk > GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions Please post topics or discussions here that do not fit in the appropriate state or federal forums.

View Poll Results: How often do you write?
Once a week or less 77 10.39%
Twice a week 178 24.02%
Every day 403 54.39%
Other 83 11.20%
Voters: 741. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-09-2018, 09:13 PM

Thanked 2,618 Times in 1,646 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnielg View Post
lol....talked to my hubby today and told him I was writting him a letter (snail mail is one a week unless he really needs fussing at or cheering up). And, hubby being hubby, said he would reply with an email because then I couldnt hold him to it. I informed him that I would be copy/pasting from jpay to a word doc (with dates and times) so that 50 years from now I could pull it out and say, "but you said here on page 942 that you would...." That really got a laugh out of him. Then he wanted to know if I was serious. lol

Now, I am worried because when he called tonight he was very depressed.
I thought my husband would feel depressed about not getting mail everyday too but he told me it's totally fine and that I should stop writing as much because it does take up a lot of room in his locker and it doesn't make sense so... I do write him an email every day and we do talk everyday so I know he's fine with it. I hope you can get your husband out of his depressed state.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2018, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl17 View Post
I thought my husband would feel depressed about not getting mail everyday too but he told me it's totally fine and that I should stop writing as much because it does take up a lot of room in his locker and it doesn't make sense so... I do write him an email every day and we do talk everyday so I know he's fine with it. I hope you can get your husband out of his depressed state.
He doesnt care how much I write him...but he has issues writing me. Only place to write is on his bunk and there is normally others in close proximity (he cant concentrate with the noise). Plus, he has back issues and the angle he would be in to write would put more stress on his back. Its all ok with me...I have the emails and phone calls.....and his heart.

As for his depression, that isnt going to get much better, if any, as long as he is in FDC. He asked for help as a part of his plea. Judge said ok. State of FL said nope. Now, he is on a work crew doing a job that really agrivates his back issues with a "boss" who is "balls to the walls" guy. They are going wide open all day...even when there is thunder and lightning. Plus, the mental/verbal abuse that is the "normal" inside the prison walls.