Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > San Quentin State Prison (SQ) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

San Quentin State Prison (SQ) - California Topic and discussion specific to San Quentin State Prison located in San Quentin, California.

Old 12-12-2006, 10:24 PM
GIRL W/ EXPENSIVE HABITS

Red face MainLine Visiting at San Quentin Prison?

I hope all is well with everyone

I fiance is in Reception and has been since he got there on 09/1/2006.. he has 62 days left (... = ) ) They lost some papaerwork and that is supposed to be the reason that he has not seen his counselor and they told him that any day now ..I wanted to know how does mainline visiting work??? do you have to make an appt.??? Please give me all the details jsut in case they move him.

Also

What going on with Jpay they said that i cannot send him money because he is not in the system.., is it a glitch ? What other forms of payment can they accept they won;t take a million years...lol HELP???
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2006, 11:37 PM

Most likely he will not be moved at this late date.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:54 PM

I think jpay has been having some problems with SQ, I saw another post about it. I was able to send money to my friend who is also in SQ reception through Jpay. Make sure if you are inputing the cdc number you are doing it with no dash for example A12345 (NOT A-12345)
Old 12-13-2006, 06:29 PM
GIRL W/ EXPENSIVE HABITS

I appreciate all the responses but I wanted to know how Mainline visiting works...Please fill me in??? PLEASE
Old 12-15-2006, 12:58 PM
hopelessly in love

Mainline visiting is really easy. No appointments needed, you just get in line, fill out your slip and go see your man!! I used to go really early...like 4:45 am on the weekends so I can be the first person in line so I can get all my visit, and my husband was always up early too, he wanted to be called at 7:30am too. Its really easy, after you get processed, you go to the main visiting room, they take the other part of your slip you fill out and then you have to walk to the podium where the other gaurds are sitting and give them the other part of the slip. Then you just pick a seat and wait for them to call your man and he comes out. You can have one kiss and hug when he comes out and then you just visit your man. You can walk around, take pictures if he has a picture ducut or just sit and chill. Also bring money, up to $40 for food for you too. He can buy the phot ducuts form his housing unit too for $2 a piece I believe

Old 01-11-2020, 11:37 PM

How long take yo get mainline in San Quentin state prisons, and how many weeks yo movie in others prison
Old 01-11-2020, 11:39 PM

How long take to get mainline in San Quentin state prison and how many weeks take to move in other Prison
Old 01-12-2020, 01:04 AM

Idk much about mainline but if your bf/husband get to mainline then he's lucky. San Quentin is the easiest prison to get to. But if he's goin to another prison he could be in reception for months to a yr but this Is from my experience
Old 01-12-2020, 01:21 PM

What are the best places to sit?

Also does anyone travel long distances and get an extra Thursday visit? I’m curious about the visiting room conditions on that day, since I assume it’s way less crowded?
Old 01-12-2020, 05:31 PM

I've been on a Thursday & it wasn't that many ppl but it was on a hoilday. Thursdays are hard to get but if he's on mainline you can make your appointments on vpass I heard it's easier if not then you'll be a walk in & that starts at 10:30am