Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

Old 12-10-2010, 03:25 PM
My one and only

Default Hubby saved two lives. Is this good or bad?

I talk to my hubby every day and in the last week he has saved two guys lives. I was just wondering if you think that this is a good thing or a bad thing. I have heard both sides and would like to know how some of you felt. The first one the guy was in the cell and started to beat his head against the wall really hard trying to kill hisself, and my hubby stopped him and talked to him to get him calmed down(which he did), and today I was talking to him and he said hold on and he dropped the phone and I heard a lot of commotion and him is hollaring. A guard gets on the phone and tells me that they had a situation and he would call me back. About 1 1/2 hours later he calls back and tells me that a guy just tried to hang hisself and he ran to stop him and did infact save him. Some people think that this was bad that he helped those two out and others say it was okay. One inmate told him that if he was hanging he did not want anyone to help him. I want some input on what you guys think? Or have any of you ever had someone on the inside do this or expierence anything like this? I told him that I felt that he did right, but I am not in there so I do not know anything about those situations.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2010, 03:27 PM
Starry Eyed

Thanked 4,033 Times in 1,887 Posts

I'm a little confused as to how saving not one, but two lives could ever possibly be a bad thing??
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BlondeAmbition For This Useful Post:
copeinginva (12-10-2010), Hisoneandonly (12-10-2010), LoveBuggy (12-10-2010), mrs.bug (12-10-2010), Temeron0926 (12-10-2010), Tiny xo (12-10-2010)
Old 12-10-2010, 03:38 PM

Thanked 2,971 Times in 1,905 Posts

I don't think that it was a bad thing at all... He saved to lives for God sakes!!! I would counts that as a blessing
The Following User Says Thank You to Heluvedme1st For This Useful Post:
copeinginva (12-10-2010)
Old 12-10-2010, 03:42 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,890 Times in 886 Posts

Wow, that's amazing. I too cant figure out why that would be a bad thing. Hopefully the guys he saved can get their problems worked out. My 16 year old cousin commited suicide. Angry and upset about the something he was going through. What I would give to be able to save him.
copeinginva (12-10-2010)
Old 12-10-2010, 03:49 PM

Thanked 1,904 Times in 892 Posts

I think it is a very admiral thing that takes alot of strength and courage in prison. I wouldnt look at it as a bad thing.

While my guy hasnt saved anyones life, he has talked down alot of Jcats from insane outbursts that disrupt the whole tier. These are Jcats who end up with burning blankets in front of their cell as warnings.

People started calling my guy the Jcat whisperer.

But its not all peaches and cream, my guy always gave oneright next to him advice he asked for, My guy gave him extra food he wasnt eating, and he repaid my guy by tossing shit in his cell and ruining his picture board.

Will it stop my guy from trying to talk down a troubled soul? probably not.

I think its a good quality, and you man should be proud of himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by copeinginva View Post
I talk to my hubby every day and in the last week he has saved two guys lives. I was just wondering if you think that this is a good thing or a bad thing. I have heard both sides and would like to know how some of you felt. The first one the guy was in the cell and started to beat his head against the wall really hard trying to kill hisself, and my hubby stopped him and talked to him to get him calmed down(which he did), and today I was talking to him and he said hold on and he dropped the phone and I heard a lot of commotion and him is hollaring. A guard gets on the phone and tells me that they had a situation and he would call me back. About 1 1/2 hours later he calls back and tells me that a guy just tried to hang hisself and he ran to stop him and did infact save him. Some people think that this was bad that he helped those two out and others say it was okay. One inmate told him that if he was hanging he did not want anyone to help him. I want some input on what you guys think? Or have any of you ever had someone on the inside do this or expierence anything like this? I told him that I felt that he did right, but I am not in there so I do not know anything about those situations.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tuesday123 For This Useful Post:
copeinginva (12-10-2010)
Old 12-10-2010, 03:56 PM

I do understand why you are asking if this is good or bad. Cus obviously if someone is trying to kill them selves they are extreamly unhappy with their life and want it to end and at the moment would hate for anyone to interfere with their plans. The person who tried to kill themself might wish right now that he hadnt saved them, but in the future hopefully they will realize that he is an angel for stepping in.
i think its amazing that he saved 2 peoples lives.
copeinginva (12-10-2010)
Old 12-10-2010, 04:17 PM
Formerly GinaH

Thanked 4,846 Times in 1,825 Posts

Sometimes people need to be saved. Just the fact he gave a damn to help shows them someone cares in my book. Your bf was there for a reason. I think it is a blessing he was at the right place at the right time.

"Sometimes you have to be apart from people you love, but that doesn't make you love them any less. Sometimes you love them more."
— Nicholas Sparks

Est. October 2006
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LoveBuggy For This Useful Post:
copeinginva (12-10-2010), Hisoneandonly (12-10-2010), Tiny xo (12-10-2010)
Old 12-10-2010, 04:19 PM

I will only say that suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. These guys he saved, were they doing life? Do they got kids? Everything could change in the blink of an eye and they could have the best life ever, and they tried to end it all over a bad day, or a bad month or a bad year, or a bad 10 years. The point is, one foot in front of the other is how you get to the good times. If you are believer in the bible (I am) then you believe suicide is a sin (I do), But more than that, there are people that love those people and I'm sure they appreciate what your husband did for their families. It is not a bad thing, and one of these days, those guys will realize it, but it might take a long time.

The Following User Says Thank You to foolsjourney For This Useful Post:
copeinginva (12-10-2010)
Old 12-10-2010, 04:26 PM
My one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori1817 View Post
I'm a little confused as to how saving not one, but two lives could ever possibly be a bad thing??
I do not think that it is bad, but some of the inmates that are in there are giving him crap now and someone told him that he needs to be careful doing things like that, becauase he could end up dead from that person that he saved because they might be mad at him for stopping them.
Old 12-10-2010, 04:32 PM
My one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolsjourney View Post
I will only say that suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. These guys he saved, were they doing life? Do they got kids? Everything could change in the blink of an eye and they could have the best life ever, and they tried to end it all over a bad day, or a bad month or a bad year, or a bad 10 years. The point is, one foot in front of the other is how you get to the good times. If you are believer in the bible (I am) then you believe suicide is a sin (I do), But more than that, there are people that love those people and I'm sure they appreciate what your husband did for their families. It is not a bad thing, and one of these days, those guys will realize it, but it might take a long time.

I to agree with oyu about the bible and so does my hubby, but like I said I agree that he did right, but others in there do not, and I just do not want anything to happen to him while he is in there because he was only trying to help someone. The first one only had 18 months to pull, and the second was in for life. The last one I think that he has family, but noone wants anything to do with him, they deny his calls, and do not reply to letters at least that is what my hubby said, so maybe that was a breaking point for him, but I am glad that he was there to help them. He is a good person and would do anything for anybody, hell he even gives his food and clothes to newbies that do not have anything. He is a good person, but he is now wondering why last friday one did this and it was his celly, and today(friday) is new celly did this. Oh well what ever the reason I believe that God had my hubby there for a reason, and I hope nothing bad comes out of it.
Old 12-10-2010, 04:53 PM

Thanked 3,584 Times in 1,696 Posts

i think it's a great thing! just think.. both of those guys are someone's son, they could be someone's husband, or father, boyfriend. imagine how their families would feel knowing people just let these guys kill themselves & did not try to stop them. also imagine if it were your man in there, how thankful you would be that someone did stop him.

i can't believe people in there would ever look at that as a bad thing, all that makes me think is they must not be good people.
Old 12-10-2010, 06:41 PM
Till death do us part

Thanked 2,913 Times in 1,718 Posts

I think it is a great thing....
I can see where some of the inmates are coming from...My husband says it is better to just pretend no one else exist but you...its really self centered, but I suppose thats survival...
But I think it is great that your husband saved two lives

Holding it down since 2-23-2008[/color]
I love you more with every breath truly madly deeply do
The Following User Says Thank You to Hisoneandonly For This Useful Post:
copeinginva (12-10-2010)
Old 12-10-2010, 07:14 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,027 Times in 7,142 Posts

Please give your man my deepest respects- It is so, so easy to look the other way and say "It's not my place." or "It's not my responsibility." and let terrible things happen because you don't want to get involved.
You should be terribly proud of your guy.
People who say he shouldn't have should take a hard look in the mirror and ask themselves what they'd want if one of those men had been their father, son or brother.

In memory of Mrs. Dragoness

Speak your mind-
Even if your voice shakes

Specializing in pest control- Site Exterminator.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LeBeau For This Useful Post:
Chulita28 (12-11-2010), copeinginva (12-10-2010), Hisoneandonly (12-11-2010), Miss_A (12-10-2010), Temeron0926 (12-10-2010)