Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MASSACHUSETTS > Massachusetts General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Massachusetts General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Massachusetts that do not fit into any other Massachusetts sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 04:55 AM

Hi Shiz!

Welcome TO PTO!! I am so happy that you have found some of the threads here useful...

Please encourage your lady to join as well! We'd be sure to help her thru your sentence. \

As far as your diabetes.. you will be checked before goin in, I'm sure that they will give you your meds as perscribed by your physician. So I don't think you have much to worry about

Again, welcome to PTO! If I can be of any help to you please PM me and let me know.

Heather
Old 12-16-2004, 06:15 PM

Hello shiz and welcome to pto.. good luck with your sentence.. and yes take advantage.. of any and all programs/classes they have to offer.. tell your g/f about us over here too.. she will find it supportive while you are away..

Peace
D
Merry Christmas and a very happy healthy new year~~~~~~

Old 03-10-2005, 03:52 PM

I am trying to find out about an old friend who i believe is at Norfolk.
Unfortunatly MA laws don't make it easy to get info.
Well his name is Hector Santiago he is around 28 and was incarcerated in 97.
I have no idea if he is still there or
out or still alive.
If anyone has any advice or info *email removed per PTO policy*THANX Jen

Last edited by Ms.Heather; 03-11-2005 at 11:15 AM..
Old 03-11-2005, 11:11 AM

Hello nyste.. and welcome to PTO.. there is a thread with LOTS OF very important info they may give you the infor you are looking for or you could:
Try calling the prison .. and then call Concord they seem to have the "CENTRAL " info on all prisoners..?? BUT.. you will need his birthdate!! GOOD luck and keep in touch with us here at mass forum..

Donna

Old 03-11-2005, 11:18 AM

Hello Nyste!

Welcome to PTO!
I used vinelink.com to search for a Hector Santiago in the MDOC, and came up with 3 guys in 3 different facilities. Unfortunatley none of them have DOB on the info page.
There is one at Norfolk, One at Shirley Medium, and 1 with County Federal Interstate.

You can search for him at www.vinelink.com click on the state of massachusetts and enter a first and last name for results.

Good Luck

Heather
Old 03-11-2005, 02:50 PM

Hi Shiz, Hi nyste...glad you found us!!!

(til the next time)

Cyndi
Old 03-14-2005, 07:20 PM

Hi everyone!!
Just curious if there is anyone out there from Western Mass???
Old 03-17-2005, 03:13 PM

Helllllo Tammy!

NOt from Western Mass, but Rhode Island for now anyway.

Welcome to PTO.

Heather
Old 03-27-2005, 10:41 AM

Hi,

I'm new here, and I'm from Maine. My brother is on his way to FMC Devens. He was in Alabama, and then went to Atlanta, where he still is. I have no idea when he'll be moved to FMC Devens. Anyone know how long it would take? I been reading all I can on this board, and been to a lot of the links about Devens. How would I know if he'll be going to the 'camp' instead of the other one that holds over 1000 imates? I checked to see how many imates are at the camp, and there is 124. I know that is the max the camp holds. I hope by the time my brother gets there, a bed opens up, (as long as that is where he'll go.) He suppose to go to a minium security. I never knew anyone in jail or prison before, so this is all new to me. It's pretty scary! Anyone know once he gets to Devens, how long before I can go and visit him? We all thought he'd be going to Mississippi, but for whatever reason, they decided to send him up here to Mass., which is soooo much closer for me to visit him, so I'm happy for that anyway. I think it will take me about 3 1/2 hours to get there.
I'd really appreciate any information about all this, and about Devens that you guys could give me. I pretty much read all the links here. I'm so happy to find this board, it has helped a lot. I know now that I'm not alone.
Thanks for reading...
Shade
Old 03-27-2005, 10:56 AM
Green Monster Admin
Donation Award 

Hi Shade,

Welcome to PTO

If you haven't already you might want to check out the federal forum:

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=186

and post your questions there, as the people who frequent the fed forum are much more versed in the subject. Those of us who hang out here in the Mass. forum tend to know more about state-level prison issues.

Anyways, I'm glad you found us... and you are by no means alone!

Be well,

Slainte
Old 03-27-2005, 06:50 PM

Hello Shade..
Welcome to PTO.. hope you find all your info for devens.. if you need anything else .
pm me.. i am right off the 95 stretch.. of highway.. k

Donna

Old 03-28-2005, 06:30 AM

Hi Shade!!! welcome to your new PTO family where you will find support you never jknew existed.

I dont live too far from Devens, so if you need any help getting around let me know...hmmmm 3 and 1/2 hours from Devens...the richmond augusta area? I tyrael up to maine pretty frequently...when my car is running

give me a holler anytime!!!

(til the next time)

Cyndi
Old 04-07-2005, 12:21 AM
SheezeLost without Him!

Default New to PTO...

Hello All!
I am new to this site and very greatful to be here. My fiance' is a "detainee" gotta love that word, at Worcester House of Corrections or Hell as I prefer to call it. He has been there since the weekend before Thanksgiving. I was going up to visit three to four times a week every week until Glodis changed the visitation rules. After over 2 weeks with NO visitation in the whole place, they now have banned anyone with any open cases from setting foot on the property.
I do have an open case yes, but I thought in this country you are innocent until proven guilty? Well when I spoke with his (Glodis) secretary I was told that that is not so in this instance! I have never been convicted of any crime, hell ive never even had a traffic ticket and because I have a bogus charge on me I am now threatened with arrest if i attempt to visit the love of my life????
I am wondering if anyone else has run into this issue there and if so, how are you and your man dealing with it?
I contacted the ACLU and they are looking into it for me but it could be months. From what I have been able to find in the laws, this is completely illegal for them to do.
I thank you for letting me vent and appreciate any and all help i can get here.
God Bless!
SheezeLost without Him!
Old 04-07-2005, 02:33 AM

SheezeLost

Welcome to PTO! I do not have any answers for you, I've never dealt with your type of situation. I'm sorry that you cannot visit your hunny, unfortuanley... Prison seems to be its own little world that the DOC controls.

Good Luck, and Welcome to PTO

Heather
Old 04-07-2005, 06:11 AM

Sheeze lost..
Welcome to PTO..
Have you tried.. closing your case?? by going to the court.. in which you were"charged" and resolving it.. .. they never go away.. belive me "open cases" until you pay the restitution.. fine// what ever it may be.. bring a friend.. and be prepared to then have probation or someone (clerk) give you something stating that your case in now "closed">> it will take awhile for it tooo show up on your CORI.. or computer base.. as closed.. after you have .. resolved the issue.. k hope this kind of helps and you can pm if you would like

Take care
Welcome and hugs
Donna

Old 04-11-2005, 10:59 AM
SheezeLost without Him!

Default Thank you!

Hello Donna!
Thank you for your reply here. No I can't simply "close" my case as it has not come up for trial yet. My baby's case as well as mine are being put in front of this months Grand Jury in Worcester for indictment.
Glodis has written to all the judges asking for them to find alternatives to detaining men at The House so hopefully my man will get a much lower bail when arraigned in superior court next month and his family and I can get him out until trial. Im praying for that anyway. I am SO lost without him!
Thanks again...it's so nice to have a place like this to go to talk to others who are going through this loss along with me.
I feel as though I am mourning his death, though it seems far harsher knowing he is there, yet I cant be with him.
Thanks for listening!
~Lostwithouthim~
Old 04-11-2005, 11:17 AM

Default Whats up all???

Hey everyone,
Well I just wanted to drop in and say " hello" and see how everyone is doing? Welcome to all the new ppl, keep PTO as a fav it is mine. Well things with me have been crazy and I am just going day by day but still in the struggle.
Talk to you all soon!!! Whats up with another PTO-Mass meeting? Last time it was really fun....
Take care all,
Colleen

Real People do Real Things!!!!!!!!!!!
Our day shall come....
Old 04-11-2005, 04:30 PM

Is that really you Colleen?? wow.. welcome back girl glad to see/hear from you
PM .. me i want to talk to you .. i may be seeing you soon))

Donna

Old 04-13-2005, 09:24 AM

Hey Donna,
What do you mean by seeing me soon? How are you? Things with me are rocky but I am hanging in there.
Talk to you soon
Colleen
Old 05-18-2005, 11:25 PM

SheezeLost,

I know what you are talking about as far as visitation. Someone dear to me was in Worcester County House of Corrections for almost a year and was just moved because he was sentenced to Concord. They wouldn't let his mother visit him because of some pending case from a long time ago..I'm not too sure on the details. I hope that you're able to take care of it so that you can go see him.

And hi...I think I've introduced myself in a few places but my name's Jennifer and I came here because I know that I'll need to talk with people who understand what's going on right now. Reading through some posts, I think I made the right choice.
Old 07-04-2005, 05:56 AM
Robin

Hi Everyone,
I am in Vermont. My loving husband is in FMC Devens. I'm not thrilled with the place but since it is my first experience with a prison of any kind I doubt I would be thrilled with anywhere that they sent him!
I'm squeeky clean new to any type of forum also so I'm not sure if this is the appropriate forum for what I am looking for which is; a place to vent!! Could someone give me some guidance?
Peace & Love to All;
Robin
Old 07-04-2005, 05:59 AM
Robin

Default Brand New

Hi;
I am in Vermont and my husband is in Devens. We are both totally new to this whole experiencee and quite honestly I am having a hard time dealing with it. I guess I am just looking for a place to vent and voice my thoughs. I am not sure if this is the appropriate forum for that..and I was hoping that someone could take me under their wing and show me the forum ropes?
Peace & Love to All.
Robin
Old 07-04-2005, 06:01 AM

Default Anyone hear about new halfway house changes to 6mo's

Hi Everyone

Has anyone heard that they might be changing the halfway house rules back to 6 months for federal inmates?
Old 07-06-2005, 01:43 PM

Hello to all the new ladies

Robin, If you need anything, or any helps getting to know how to use the forums, I am always available. Feel free to PM me anytime.

SGA: You may have better luck with an answer for your ? creating your own thread in the Federal Forums. http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=186
Old 07-18-2005, 12:45 PM
Lyndsey

Smile New Friend's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Heather
Hey all!

My name is Lyndsey and I live in St. Petersburg, Florida! My boyfriend is currently an inmate at Old Colony Corrections Center in Bridgewater, MA. I am looking to meet other people like me and make some new friends! As I am sure you all know, finding friends who support and understand this situation.....is not easy!

So this lonely little forum of ours is just getting no posts. No news is good news? Perhaps? Where is everyone? Whats going on with all the Massachusetts folk?

I see that we are getting new visitors to our forum! WELCOME!!!! Please take a minute and say hello and introduce yourselves

Check in and post with me! Let me know whats going on, how you've been so on and so forth! Add a little life to the Mass forum!

As for me, I'm doing well. Still visit and talk to Mark all the time. Still fighting with the DOC to let him have a calculator... Same crap, bigger pile of it...

Hey Jess, Whats your feelings of Nommmmmmmmahhh now being a Cubbie?
Closed Thread