Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MASSACHUSETTS > Massachusetts Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Massachusetts Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Massachusetts.

Old 06-30-2012, 03:04 PM
Banned

Default Lockdown SBCC

My fiance is currently sentenced in souza baronowski correctional center and I have not been able to be in contact with him for over a week. When you call the phones theres a recording that says all visitation has been canceled until further notice so its the entire prison not just his cell block.
Has anybody heard anything?! Any news?! Im scared to death for him. Our sons first birthday was wednesday and he didnt get to call and i know he wouldnt miss it for the world. </3
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2012, 03:24 PM

Have you tried writing to him?
Old 06-30-2012, 04:55 PM
Banned

Yes. I wrote and sent it out tuesday and i know he usually gets it next day. And then i sent more friday, pics of our babies and what not just cus i know that hes lonely and not being able to call is killin him. Sbcc is no joke, and unfortunately its not his first time around the block. No response. Sometimes when their on lockdown they cant send or receive mail.
I just miss him like crazy.
Old 06-30-2012, 05:16 PM

Yea SBCC is definitely no joke, my bf was sent there when he first got sentenced but is now in a medium facility. I hope you hear something soon, I know how hard it is to wait not knowing what's going on. *hugs*
Old 06-30-2012, 07:30 PM

There was a stabbing with a CO monday afternoon that's all i know so far hope this helps a little
Old 06-30-2012, 10:58 PM
Banned

Well thank you. Atleast i know hes not involved cus he would never. I just miss visits and i miss hearing his voice
Thank you again
Old 06-30-2012, 11:22 PM
Banned

I just read the article. I guess a lot of people were hurt. It was at 1:30 on monday. He had called me and i tried to accept the call but the call was ended before i could push the button. I hope it wasnt in his tier, just knowing that he was out at the same time that everything happened is scary enough. Ill keep everyone posted thank you for your kind thoughts
Old 07-02-2012, 11:32 AM

Default still waiting to hear

my nephew is at sbcc we havnt heard from him either not even a note if anyone hears from loved ones can you PM me please or if you hear any info about what is going on Thanks
Old 07-02-2012, 01:43 PM

They posted a new article today and the guy that got stabbed is finally home. I guess it was pretty serious and he almost died. I have a feeling there are some big changes coming that aren't going to be very fun!
Old 07-02-2012, 02:38 PM

Do you have the link for the article
Old 07-02-2012, 09:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJR22
They posted a new article today and the guy that got stabbed is finally home. I guess it was pretty serious and he almost died. I have a feeling there are some big changes coming that aren't going to be very fun!
I didnt see any articles today, but i guess he got stabbed in the neck with a metal shank.
I understand that its really serious, and that they need to investigate. But i hate not knowing. There has to have been some inmates injured in the scuffle. Why cant they just segregate that particular block and leave everyone else alone? I wish there was a way for him to petition or request a move to a different prison. Somewhere safer and somewhere where i know hes gonna be ok.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:16 AM

My fiance is also at SBCC and i finally got a letter from him on saturday...it was a relief because i didnt know if he was dead or alive...i hope the lock down is over soon!!!
Old 07-03-2012, 10:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennives80
My fiance is also at SBCC and i finally got a letter from him on saturday...it was a relief because i didnt know if he was dead or alive...i hope the lock down is over soon!!!
Im so jealous
And curious haha. I visit often and have become friendly with the girls there. I wonder if i know people on here without knowing it.
Im glad hes ok and i am anticipating the arrival of my mailman!!
Old 07-04-2012, 07:17 PM

Default PHONE calls

Has anyone gotten any phone calls today???
Old 07-04-2012, 07:18 PM

I spoke to someone two days ago and they said visits will start after the end of July.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:44 PM

You called up sbcc and someone told you that?
Old 07-04-2012, 07:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worried34
Has anyone gotten any phone calls today???
I did and i missed it!!
Two times!
I wanted to cry for the rest of the day.
I cant believe i missed it.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:51 AM

They are now letting them out every other day to shower and make one phone call. So you should get another call tomorrow!!
Old 07-05-2012, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJR22 View Post
They are now letting them out every other day to shower and make one phone call. So you should get another call tomorrow!!
Have you heard anything about when they will be off lockdown?
Old 07-05-2012, 04:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJR22
Oh my i hope so! The anticipation is killing me. I feel like hes gonna call and im gonna break down. Its just hard. He was everythin when he was home. My best friend. The person i talked to and vented to every night the person i made breakfast with every morning. Him and my babies were the center of my universe and its been a year and im still adjusting.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:15 PM

I have recived two phone calls since the lockdown started one last sunday and one this morning...i live in colorado and so i dont get to go visit and so all i get are phone calls and letters..he said they think the lockdown will be for two weeks or maybe more since the incident was so bad!
Old 07-06-2012, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcouture7 View Post
Im so jealous
And curious haha. I visit often and have become friendly with the girls there. I wonder if i know people on here without knowing it.
Im glad hes ok and i am anticipating the arrival of my mailman!!

We were supposed to get married in Dec but when he was shipped to SBCC he said he will not let me go there since its such a bad place and we have to wait to get married till hes shipped somewhere else...were looking into getting him transferred here to Colorado!
Old 07-06-2012, 06:26 PM
Banned

Quote:

We were supposed to get married in Dec but when he was shipped to SBCC he said he will not let me go there since its such a bad place and we have to wait to get married till hes shipped somewhere else...were looking into getting him transferred here to Colorado!
Its not that bad, i bring my two boys there to visit. I mean yea theres dangers but there are dangers anywhere. I got a call today finally he said they just started lettin him out on the 4th of july for phone calls. He didnt even know what happened, all he knew was that alot of people got hurt. When i told him that a CO was stabbed in the neck he was shocked. They only get about 5 or so minutes on the phone so it was hard tryin to tell him everythin and share the phone with our kids.
We met a while ago, he went away and i didnt wait. He came home 5 years later and it was coincidence that i was goin to school with his sister. She convinced me to come to a party, he was there and it was like he never left. We had a baby and we got engaged and it was just never the right time. Then we had another baby and hes gone now for 7 at the most and i wish i had married him. I would marry him now even in sbcc because it would make me proud to be his wife.
Yes sbcc is dangerous. And yes sbcc is where some of the most dangerous inmates are held. But everyone wants visits. So everyone behaves in the visitation room. And the security is top of the top and yea it takes a while to get in at times but its for the best.
Chad says everything is under control. That right now lockdown isnt the prisons decision but the decision of our oh so amazing governor deval patrick to lift the lockdown order.
He also said that whoever said no visits til the end of july is wrong. Once the lockdown order is lifted, its done and the prison can go back to regular practice.
I, myself, cannot wait til the lift the order. I will be their for a visit the first day i can. And i will bring my babies. I want to show their father how the baby is walking, even though he walks sideways. And tyler wants to tell him about his first tball game. I dont care how unsafe anyone says it is, i trust the security if it wasnt safe they wouldnt let us in. And i trust chad, no matter who what where why when, he will always keep us safe, even when hes in and were out.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:40 PM
Banned

Quote:

Not to pry for info but are you MWI? I just dont understand how your in colorado and hes in massachusetts? It must be so hard, the phone calls are expensive enough living in the same state. And the mail really must take forever to go back and forth.
I asked my man to see if he can get moved to another prison. But theres not too many around where i live and sbcc isnt that far. Concord was the closest. Walpole a good hour and a half same with norfolk there like half a mile apart. Plus, this is his second offense for armed robbery. Technically his third he couldve been gone for life mass has a 3 strikes rule. And he went straight to sbcc because during his last stay he was young and destructive. Fought move teams, was is ddu or smu for years at a time. Broke beds off the walls ripped toilets out. He was a teen when he went in with his big brother. Hes 6'6 and a straight monster when he gets mad. Hopefully he wont be stayin there long. He went in and they all remembered him and he told them, i have a family guys. This time around im just doin what im doin and gettin out as soon as possible so i can go home to my mumma and my babies. Hes stayed out of trouble so far, keeping my fingers crossed
Old 07-06-2012, 09:08 PM

So glad you heard from him... You must feel so much better!!! I've been checking this thread to see if there were updates because that sounded so scary not hearing from him like that especially in SBCC. If he's doing a long sentence, hopefully some day he can be moved to a medium security facility. I live right near Andover, a couple towns over. Small world!