Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OKLAHOMA > Oklahoma General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oklahoma General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Oklahoma that do not fit into any other Oklahoma sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 11-19-2003, 04:30 PM

Default Wedding bells- ALL Oklahoma wedding info, questions and announcements here!

hiya
My fiance and I are taking the first long steps to marriage. He is an inmate in OSP, McAlester. We need to find a minister who will eventually perform the marriage. I live in the UK and cannot easily find one. Is there anyone who knows a contact number of a minister who would be willing to help us?
thank you
Punk
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2003, 09:18 PM
Hate Oklahoma DOC

Let me do some checking I might be able to help you,I'll pm you when I fined out.
Old 11-20-2003, 01:00 AM
12 didn't work for US

Punk,
My man is in prison in Oklahoma and there is a Chaplin at the prison he is at. Isn't there one at McAlester?
If there is anything I can do to help you Please let me know...Tony and I are planning on getting married after the 1st of the year.
Old 11-20-2003, 10:37 AM
waitinginok

The chaplin at DCCC is preforming our wedding.
I would check with him.
Congratulations and Good luck
Kim
Old 11-20-2003, 02:19 PM

Default re ministers

hiya and thank you for your replys. i'm interested to know that some get married by the prison chaplain. I have had one meeting and spoken several times with the chaplain at Oklahoma State Penitentiary and not once has he said he could marry us. He just keeps telling me I have to find a minister. I'll phone him and see what he says? But if anyone has any contact numbers of ministers in the McAlester area, i'll be very grateful.

Punk
Old 11-24-2003, 11:52 AM
Okie Survivor

Punk contact the people at the hospitality house it is ran by churches in the McAlester area I am sure that Nora would love to help you guys find a minister to marry you .
Old 11-24-2003, 01:03 PM

Default Hospitality House, re ministers

hiya MommaHen

Thank you for this, but i've just returned from a six day stay with Norah at HH and I've asked if she can help me, but all she will say is to try the Chaplain at the Jackie Brannon Correctional Facility. I get the impression she has to stay nuetral and cannot help too much even if she wants to. I got her message on Friday evening and I've been waiting for Monday to find give this Chaplain a ring. We are six hours ahead of you and so I will call in a little while. I'll let you know how I get on, but once again, thank you.

punk
Old 11-24-2003, 04:35 PM
Okie Survivor

Hey there!! I have gotta be nosey have you stayed there often. The reason I am asking I was wondering if you are one of the ones I have meet before when I would stay down there oh I stayed there when I would visit before they moved Terry between Feb of 2003 and August 2003.
Old 11-24-2003, 04:54 PM

Default hospitality house and ministers

Hiya MommaHen

No, that was the first time I had stayed there. The first time for me to visit OKlahoma. I got on well with Norah and she helped me a lot because I didn't know my way around. As I said, I stayed with her for six days and I was the only visitor there for the whole time.

I'm still struggling to find someone who will agree to us putting their name to the application papers so we can set everything in motion to marry. I must have spoken with about 10 or more ministers and pastors but nobody is interested. The Chaplain at the Jackie Brannon Correctional Center which is next door to Oklahoma State Penitentiary was very sympathetic, but being an employee, he is not allowed to perform marriages at the prison. He knows some volunteer pastors who do marry and he has asked me to phone him back on Thursday 4th of December. You have a holiday coming up, Thanksgiving. Is this just one day, or several?

I'm not giving up. I will find someone eventually.

Punk
Old 11-24-2003, 06:51 PM
Okie Survivor

Thanksgiving is one day the third Thursday in November but we usually get a 4 day weekend for it Thursday, Friday, Sat & Sunday!! If you cant ind someone there in McAlester give me a yell on my Pm and I will see if the pastor of the church Terry goes to would be willing to drive that far to do a wedding. I will also ask him if he knows any pastors in the McAlester area that would be willing to do it. He is way over near Lawton and not very close to OSp but he has a wonderful prison ministery at the work center my fiancee is at.
Old 11-25-2003, 05:40 AM

Default ministers

Thank you very much MommaHen, you are very kind. And thank you for the information.

Punk
Old 03-30-2005, 10:06 AM

Default What is the wedding dress code at LCF??

my baby and i are getting married in july!! we have been together for 10 years and he has done 6 of these in prison. anyway, does anyone know what the dress code is at Lawton Correctional Facility? (LCF) i wanted to wear a casual dress, but im not sure of the code? any info on this or anything else pertaining to the wedding would be of great help. many thx in advance for any/all yalls help!!
Old 05-21-2005, 07:30 AM
Two hearts, one love

Default New Marriage Rules?

As some of you know, I have a friend also in UK whose fiance is in OSP. She is starting down the marriage route with him and has been told that ODOC has changed the rules regarding getting married to a prisoner. Apparently the free world fiancee no longer needs to have a blood test and divorce papers from any previous marriage/s are no longer needed either. There is a memo or handbook about the new rules by she hasn't been able to get hold of it. Has anyone else heard of this or is there anyone going down the same road as she is? If anyone has the new guidelines about getting married, that would be great!
Thank you

Together at last
Old 05-21-2005, 08:09 PM

I don't have an answer for you, but I haven't heard about OK stopping the blood test requirement. That's a state wide rule not just a prison rule so I would think I'd have read about it if it happened. Hopefully some others will know more. Good luck to your friend
Old 05-21-2005, 09:32 PM

Default Rules

Ok yeah the bloodthing no but as far as divorse papers YES YOU MUST HAVE THEM. My husband are on our way to get married and I have the paper work I will scan a copy with our names deleted ON PM
Old 05-21-2005, 11:11 PM
Billy's Wife 4 Life

Well my godson got married a couple of weeks ago and although he is not in the prison system, he and his girlfriend just decided one day to get married and they did, they got married here in Oklahoma and neither were required to have a blood test, so evidently there is some truth in it.
I do know that where your paperwork had to be submitted 45 days before the ceremony has now been changed to 90 days, I heard that from the chaplain himself.
Sorry I can't be of further assistance.

Billy and Donna

Old 05-21-2005, 11:41 PM

I did some digging and this may be a start for you. It does look like blood tests are no more. I got married a little over 2 years ago and we had to have them but it isn't listed on the court clerk website as a requirment anymore.

Tulsa County Court Clerk Marriage Requirements Link
http://www.courtclerk.tulsacounty.org/

That website has a phone number you can call to talk to someone during business hours and a number to just listen to the recording information. I called the recording number for you and it gave the same information as the website link did. This won't tell you the prison side of what she would need to do, but hopefully it helps.
Old 05-22-2005, 01:31 AM
Two hearts, one love

Thanks everyone! I will pass all the info on to my friend and I'll check out that link now too.

Together at last
Old 05-22-2005, 09:32 PM

Default Marriages in Prison

Well, our wonderful newspaper has printed another "open minded" article about women who marry inmates. Thought you might find it interesting. It ticked me off. But for those interested in reading it, here is the website for it: www.newsok.com/article/1502649/?template=home/main.
Old 05-22-2005, 11:08 PM
In love with a lifer

Angry

"They know where he is all the time," the author said. "She feels safe and in control. She gets put on a pedestal and romanced via love letters and sexy telephone calls, all without having him around all the time".

I'm sorry... I've never felt more out of control of a relationship in my life. It's not me or him that is in control, it's the prison system!!
Old 05-22-2005, 11:18 PM

Yeah, how did you like that? I know we all feel the same way. The only time we will feel "in control" of anything is only when our men come home!!!!!
Don't you love how the media portrays us.
I would trade those "sexy letters and phone calls" for him being home in a heartbeat. I hate this crap!!!!

Last edited by Kbsles; 05-22-2005 at 11:20 PM..
Old 05-22-2005, 11:20 PM
Billy's Wife 4 Life

Amen girls, you tell it, the newspaper article was like wayyyy off, they talked to the wrong women obviously.

Billy and Donna

Old 05-23-2005, 12:52 AM
In love with a lifer

You know, I think because I have sooooo much control over my relationship, I just might call him up (because we all know how easy it is to call our men in prison) and tell him I'm on the way over with the pizza and he better have the beer cold. Oh wait! I forgot, tdcj is the one in control
Old 05-23-2005, 06:44 AM
Wife

What I think is a few of us if not all need to send in a rebuttal. Tell tell like it really is.

Wannamae
Old 05-23-2005, 06:01 PM
Billy's Wife 4 Life

Amen sister, I'm just too frustrated by it, I wouldn't have a clue where to begin or end.......lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannamae
What I think is a few of us if not all need to send in a rebuttal. Tell tell like it really is.

Billy and Donna