Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in California should be posted here.

Old 03-10-2004, 08:29 PM

Default Community Reentry aka Halfway house program now closed for inmates

My son got word that they are not admitting any inmates into the Half way house, Work Furlough's technically called Community Reentry Centers.

It seems that they moved up the date for implementing the drug rehab and returning parole's. So whoevers is serving, will serve there full term. This has no bearing on half time or credits.

With all the criticism flying about with the little hoover report and all, this is their response, cutting a program that allowed inmates to become adjusted to the outside world, instead of being summarily dumped with $200 at the gate. This is with Prop 57 passing!!!! There is no cure for the CDC.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2004, 08:59 PM
Account Closed

Default Not true

While it is true that the CCRCs (Community Correctional Renenty Centers) will be converting to DTFs, (drug treatment facilities) there is no definite date when inmates will no longer be sent to CCRC. The plan was for June or July, but CDC put the cart before the horse and there are not enough SAP inmates eligible for the DTFs. I would suspect that CCRCs will be around longer then expected. In order to be sent to a DTF the inmate has to have been in a SAP and the numbers just are not there.

The problem was that SATF-SAP the largest SAP (substance abuse program) facility did not take MSF (min support facility) eligible inmates into the program and in order to be sent to a CCRC the inmate had to be MSF eligible, so there were not enough inmates to fill the projected beds. Now with more SAPs and SATF-SAP accepting MSF eligible inmates, this may change, but it will be a slower transition then was hoped. Until this takes place, inmates will still be sent to the CCRCs.
Old 03-12-2004, 01:08 PM

This is what my son was told by his counselor at his facility. Moreover, he mentioned that no one has left for the past 30 days to a CCRC.

Previously they were taking from his CCF at least 5 per month. This is a CCF so your mileage may vary at other facilities. That said logic would dictate that they would take inmates from low risk facilities such as CCF's, as opposed to San Quentin and others. But then logic doesn't rule at the CDC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneway
While it is true that the CCRCs (Community Correctional Renenty Centers) will be converting to DTFs, (drug treatment facilities) there is no definite date when inmates will no longer be sent to CCRC. The plan was for June or July, but CDC put the cart before the horse and there are not enough SAP inmates eligible for the DTFs. I would suspect that CCRCs will be around longer then expected. In order to be sent to a DTF the inmate has to have been in a SAP and the numbers just are not there.

The problem was that SATF-SAP the largest SAP (substance abuse program) facility did not take MSF (min support facility) eligible inmates into the program and in order to be sent to a CCRC the inmate had to be MSF eligible, so there were not enough inmates to fill the projected beds. Now with more SAPs and SATF-SAP accepting MSF eligible inmates, this may change, but it will be a slower transition then was hoped. Until this takes place, inmates will still be sent to the CCRCs.
Old 03-12-2004, 01:09 PM

That said I'm hoping your right and not the counselor...
Old 03-12-2004, 06:27 PM
Account Closed

You hope I am right. Have you know a counselor to be right before? You can take my post to the bank. I don't post anything unless I know the facts.
Old 03-14-2004, 11:36 PM

my husband has about 10months left to serve and looking into a work furlough program, he has lined up one job and is looking to line up one more. he is a first time offender serving good time at csatf/sp, what do you think his chances are of getting into a halfway house ?
Old 05-03-2004, 04:23 AM

How do I find info. on furloughs in the los angeles area? Thanks for any help!
Old 05-18-2004, 03:30 AM

my friend's boyfriend is being sent to a drug treatment furlough, she was just told to day by the correctional counselor from the prison...i just can't remember if she called it a drug treatment furlough, or facility, but, it is a strict intensive drug treatment program, and after a period of time they are supposed to look for work...so these transfers are happening...

Last edited by francis; 05-18-2004 at 03:34 AM.. Reason: change words